Henderson is a mess!

Instigator

50 minutes ago, Instigator said:

@LIONMAN he is spineless. And yes they told Castles today that he was being re-assigned. They re-assigned him to be over truancy school. Instead of buying him out they tried to give him a desk job hoping he would resign on his own. That’s what you call a spineless superintendent. Sent an email to the district saying Castles had been re-assigned and to direct “all athletic issues to the assistant superintendent “. Wouldn’t even let Castles inform his coaches himself. 

New administration is a joke over there. 

Doesn't make it right, but unfortunately this is very common. 

1 hour ago, Instigator said:

@LIONMAN he is spineless. And yes they told Castles today that he was being re-assigned. They re-assigned him to be over truancy school. Instead of buying him out they tried to give him a desk job hoping he would resign on his own. That’s what you call a spineless superintendent. Sent an email to the district saying Castles had been re-assigned and to direct “all athletic issues to the assistant superintendent “. Wouldn’t even let Castles inform his coaches himself. 

New administration is a joke over there. 

Spineless and cheap are two different things.  

however, my thoughts are if you give out 2 year contracts, honor them.  If you don’t know if your coach will last 2 years then do year to year...  almost every school employee on contract that I have seen are a yearly renewal except superintendents.  

1 hour ago, AMERICAN 1 said:

So what kind of coach is going to go to Henderson where the assistant sup is athletic director.

1) A not very good one.....or 

2) A very young coordinator(age range of 28 - 33 roughly) wanting a stepping stone job.....or

3) A decent one near retirement that just wants to work/coach August to Nov/Dec. 

2 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Should we expect Carthage to be a beneficiary in this “mess” by picking up a few more move in’s?  🤦‍♂️

Carthage could benefit by the next coach agreeing to play a non-district game between two schools 30 minutes apart. 

• Thanks 1

As a Henderson Alum, it is hard to watch what us going on with my school right now.  I have heard both good things, as well as bad things from this new administration, but I am not sure what their reasoning is behind this move.  From what I have heard, the whole agenda from the start was to turn HISD into a mini Duncanville, which is where the new admin is from.  Doesn't make sense that they would reassign the winningest coach in school history on April 1st and expect to get a good hire.  Especially since they removed the AD title.  

As Blesseddaily said, I'm sure the president Hendo clown will be in town all weekend courting the board members, shaking hands, and kissing babies, while promoting himself as the savior of the program.  I can't imagine he would be the front runner for this job though.  Word is that he was also reassigned and non-renewed yesterday in Morris County.  

There has also been word that the new administration has told the band director to start looking for a new job.  Henderson has a huge band program and this may ruffle more feathers than anything else.  It seems that they definitely don't mind ruffling feathers.

Seems that just at the high school there are going to be 30-40 spots to fill next year, with several being coaches on the boys and girls side.  I know they need a head volleyball, head girls and boys basketball to go along with all the football coaches that are about to leave.  It was mentioned in church one morning that the Asst Supt ran the boys basketball coaches off the court one day in practice and took over, then tried to get the head coach to resign.

It definitely doesn't sound like things are going to get better anytime soon.  Varsity football won 3 games this year, JV won 0, and I believe the freshman won 2 or 3 games.  Whoever gets this job will have their hands full for the next few years.  

Sounds like Hendo needs to clean house with some of the board members who have allowed this to happen and get things back on the right track!

• Thanks 1

• Stoney locked and unlocked this topic