The Smoakhouse Forums

34 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

More importantly...how many lives has he changed during his tenure at Henderson...how many young men has he mentored to be better husbands, fathers and leaders...but of course that isn't your care is it? You fit the description of the clowns in the bleachers to a tee!!

Just playing Devil's advocate here, but can't those things all be done in the classroom, maybe at church and outside of school?  Not just as a football coach on the football field, where the primary duties and responsibilities is literally to coach and win football games.  

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This man coached my  youngest son in Corsicana.  He told me that Coach Castles was one of the greatest men he had been under while he was there.  A classy coach, and a great family.  I hate Henderson

We are watching......keep it clean.......

Listen, we are here to moderate this site according to the rules posted at the top of every forum on this site.  You signed up to be moderated according to those rules.  We let as much go as we can wi

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Yea that's great and ideal even if you can do both, but if you can do only one you should probably be the great coach when in position of a HFC and/or AD.  Since, you know, the job is to coach football. Is some of you guys' favorite move Facing the Giants or something?

I can think of two off the top of my head that are local and I know there is a lot more.

Surratt and John King.

2 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

So he was great at his AD duties? Prove it with a link please. Plus football players were moving out of there left and right.

Now prove me wrong big boy!

He has proven you wrong with his record and the quality of man he is...that's what makes you and the rest of the "Bleacher Clowns" so mad...he is a proven winner and will be wherever he goes...and you will have degraded the athletic program by hiring someone inferior. Sad for the kids but you and the rest of the circus deserve everything you get.

• Haha 1
Just now, blesseddaily said:

He has proven you wrong with his record and the quality of man he is...that's what makes you and the rest of the "Bleacher Clowns" so mad...he is a proven winner and will be wherever he goes...and you will have degraded the athletic program by hiring someone inferior. Sad for the kids but you and the rest of the circus deserve everything you get.

Do you already know who the new coach will be? Truly asking. Since you have determined its someone "inferior".   

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Just playing Devil's advocate here, but can't those things all be done in the classroom, maybe at church and outside of school?  Not just as a football coach on the football field, where the primary duties and responsibilities is literally to coach and win football games.  

Actually the pay is split IMO.

Half- HFC

Half- AD

Whoever they hire they can only get closer to being the next Argyle :rofl:

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

They definitely can and are done in all those places but unfortunately the times are changing...many of the young men that coaches come in  contact with don't have family, church or anybody else to help show them how to be better men. Many grow up in households with no father and never step foot in a church...those are the ones that need the special touch by someone that can mentor them to be better and become a responsible adult...in fact that is the most rewarding aspect of coaching and teaching!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Do you already know who the new coach will be? Truly asking. Since you have determined its someone "inferior".   

Yes, that was presumptive on my part BUT considering how the supe and asst. supe have acted I believe all they will be able to hire is a "yes" man that will just do exactly what the two head clowns want...no coach worth his salt will put up with being watched at practice and then critiqued and lectured on how "they should be doing it" from an assistant supe or anybody else as far as that goes...believe me, the coaching circles are small and word travels fast...

2 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

They definitely can and are done in all those places but unfortunately the times are changing...many of the young men that coaches come in  contact with don't have family, church or anybody else to help show them how to be better men. Many grow up in households with no father and never step foot in a church...those are the ones that need the special touch by someone that can mentor them to be better and become a responsible adult...in fact that is the most rewarding aspect of coaching and teaching!

Fair enough. And I definitely wasn't saying that it isn't good to have someone who has a good moral compass and can teach their players more than just the game of football in the position of HFC.  But I guess I also am not seeing why all the intense uproar and fury from some before even knowing who the new coach will be?    

Nick Saban does both with extreme success on the football field. Hate to use him as an example because he's in a league of his own but some of these people act like he accomplished a lot as an AD/hfc.

From my understanding he knew this was coming months ago. So what's the uproar all about?

2 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Yes, that was presumptive on my part BUT considering how the supe and asst. supe have acted I believe all they will be able to hire is a "yes" man that will just do exactly what the two head clowns want...no coach worth his salt will put up with being watched at practice and then critiqued and lectured on how "they should be doing it" from an assistant supe or anybody else as far as that goes...believe me, the coaching circles are small and word travels fast...

I gotcha.  And that is of course possible.  But hypothetically speaking, we don't know who this new coach will be? As a x's and o's coach or as a mentor to young people.  

4 hours ago, StoneColdSteveAustin said:

"DA".... That's like saying all those other names... "Kerry Strong, blah blah blah"

Well he did coach there for quite sometime 89-01  and was good so not out of the question.  It wouldn’t happen but you know.

8 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Nick Saban does both with extreme success on the football field. Hate to use him as an example because he's in a league of his own but some of these people act like he accomplished a lot as an AD/hfc.

From my understanding he knew this was coming months ago. So what's the uproar all about?

Many in the community, and coaches statewide  know exactly why there has been such an uproar...getting fired or reassigned is absolutely nothing new in the coaching world and it happens every year BUT there are ways to handle the situation that are right and those "ways" are used by 90% of the school districts and then there are ways to handle the situation that are considered classless, dirty and just wrong. Those districts and their admins are pretty much known throughout the coaching world and avoided like the plague...now Hendo's new supe and asst. supe have shown themselves to be that type of admins and word will spread quickly...Hendo has also lost lots of quality teachers throughout the system...and will continue to lose good teachers as long as they are treated like...well, like crud...to put it nicely...that's what the uproar is about.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Yea that's great and ideal even if you can do both, but if you can do only one you should probably be the great coach when in position of a HFC and/or AD.  Since, you know, the job is to coach football. Is some of you guys' favorite movie Facing the Giants or something?

People forget the job duties of a HFC and AD are 2 completely different things...

AD- Money, Administration, Interviewing, Putting the right people in the right places to succeed, fundraising, public speaking, etc etc etc...

HFC- Win football games, turn boys into respectable young men.  Win.  Win.  Win.

4 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

Many in the community, and coaches statewide  know exactly why there has been such an uproar...getting fired or reassigned is absolutely nothing new in the coaching world and it happens every year BUT there are ways to handle the situation that are right and those "ways" are used by 90% of the school districts and then there are ways to handle the situation that are considered classless, dirty and just wrong. Those districts and their admins are pretty much known throughout the coaching world and avoided like the plague...now Hendo's new supe and asst. supe have shown themselves to be that type of admins and word will spread quickly...Hendo has also lost lots of quality teachers throughout the system...and will continue to lose good teachers as long as they are treated like...well, like crud...to put it nicely...that's what the uproar is about.

So why did he go to the admin. and ask them to PLEASE help him hire some coaches IF he's so upstanding in the coaches community?

Not one head coach have I asked yet except for that wanna be at PP has ever give him a thumbs up. True story since you started putting people down.

4 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

People forget the job duties of a HFC and AD are 2 completely different things...

AD- Money, Administration, Interviewing, Putting the right people in the right places to succeed, fundraising, public speaking, etc etc etc...

HFC- Win football games, turn boys into respectable young men.  Win.  Win.  Win.

Mav from what I understand this a church deal. Hilarious to say the least when someone knows they're gone for a "very good while."

5 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

Not necessarily . You could get someone good. I expect a transitional period. Competitive . Hopefully the lions get their guy. I believe castles is a good coach but maybe not the best fit. This isn’t a knock on him cause he did win some and ran a clean program. I hope nothing but the best for Henderson.

12 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Not necessarily . You could get someone good. I expect a transitional period. Competitive . Hopefully the lions get their guy. I believe castles is a good coach but maybe not the best fit. This isn’t a knock on him cause he did win some and ran a clean program. I hope nothing but the best for Henderson.

Decent DC until it come to Surratt exploiting him. When he lost Matt Langley (oc) it went down hill. That's not counting him not doing his job as AD.

But his time is over and done with. Let's talk about who we would like lol

6 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

So he was great at his AD duties? Prove it with a link please. Plus football players were moving out of there left and right.

Now prove me wrong big boy!

So what players moved out “right and left”? Two moved to Carthage. One of them moved bc his dad thought he should be playing a different position. Another moved to Weet Rusk bc he didn’t want to play offensive line. So should Castles have catered to the players and let them play the position they wanted? Do you know some other BS that you want to share or are you just talking bc you have something against Castles?

1 minute ago, Instigator said:

So what players moved out “right and left”? Two moved to Carthage. One of them moved bc his dad thought he should be playing a different position. Another moved to Weet Rusk bc he didn’t want to play offensive line. So should Castles have catered to the players and let them play the position they wanted? Do you know some other BS that you want to share or are you just talking bc you have something against Castles?

All were all district or all state Miss Castles or the kids.

17 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Decent DC until it come to Surratt exploiting him. When he lost Matt Langley (oc) it went down hill. That's not counting him not doing his job as AD.

But his time is over and done with. Let's talk about who we would like lol

Yes I agree that is a reflection of the HC. I also agree time to move on.

18 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Yes I agree that is a reflection of the HC. I also agree time to move on.

Not to a particular church in that town from what I'm told.

blob.png

1 hour ago, Instigator said:

What position did the dad want his son to play ?

2 hours ago, Instigator said:

Link please? Proof one time please besides the FBC thang?