UPDATE: Henderson hires Othell Robinson

Slickarick

4 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

A lot of you must have been friends of Castles or something.

I’ve never seen so many people upset about a guy being let go who didn’t actually win anything. And if 3rd and 4th round exits is good enough for you, then that’s part of the culture problem. Expectations should be high as can be. What’s the point if you aren’t trying to win state in a place that has won it before and has talent that is capable in many years. 

Thanks! Can anyone tell me when an ISD was paying someone for being a "good man" or a "christian?" 

I honestly think i'm both but lord have mercy my job doesn't pay me for neither. #performance

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

1. A lot of you must have been friends of Castles or something.

2. I’ve never seen so many people upset about a guy being let go who didn’t actually win anything. And if 3rd and 4th round exits is good enough for you, then that’s part of the culture problem.

3. Expectations should be high as can be. What’s the point if you aren’t trying to win state in a place that has won it before and   4.  has talent that is capable in many years. 

1. No, not a close friend. I have just seen the impact he has made on many young men's lives, including my son.

2. Never won anything? Really? Pretty ridiculous comment. If you mean never winning a state championship like 99% of the coaches in Texas High School football...no, he hasn't.  His won/loss record at Henderson stands for itself and will be a record that will not be broken at Henderson for a long time.

3. Yet another ridiculous comment. If you knew him and his expectations for his staff and players every year you would know that he expected to win state every year...if you are a successful coach you always expect that.

4. Talent to win state many years? Hardly. Especially in the classification they are in...and we will see just how much the coaching aspect means in the next several years. Some of the Hendo folks assessment of their football and baseball talent is so ridiculous and  so over rated it is truly laughable. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

1. No, not a close friend. I have just seen the impact he has made on many young men's lives, including my son.

2. Never won anything? Really? Pretty ridiculous comment. If you mean never winning a state championship like 99% of the coaches in Texas High School football...no, he hasn't.  His won/loss record at Henderson stands for itself and will be a record that will not be broken at Henderson for a long time.

3. Yet another ridiculous comment. If you knew him and his expectations for his staff and players every year you would know that he expected to win state every year...if you are a successful coach you always expect that.

4. Talent to win state many years? Hardly. Especially in the classification they are in...and we will see just how much the coaching aspect means in the next several years. Some of the Hendo folks assessment of their football and baseball talent is so ridiculous and  so over rated it is truly laughable. 

It’s hilarious and absurd to me that y’all are acting like this guy was the GOAT. 

If you expect to win it every year, you better deliver on it at least once. Especially if you are open about that and making it known to people that may have a say in your employment. 

Let me ask you this, since you don’t think the Hendo talent is there... you said Castles expected to win it every year. So I guess you are saying he was wrong and shouldn’t have? He overestimated his talent? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/7/2021 at 4:28 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

The wife is in Henderson and they are looking at buying a house from my understanding. Who would anyone "buy" a house when your only going to be somewhere for a couple of years and your wife is still at Desoto?

Yeah, she was leaving Desoto 3 years ago too. She signed a contract at Ft. Worth Brewer to work with Peterman BUT never resigned at Desoto. She stayed. What job has she taken in Henderson? I’ll hang up and listen....

The administration have made their choice why are we still having this conversation. The old saying Coaches are hired to be fired. Some leave on their own accord some don't.  Not the first time  someone has been hired without the full support of the community. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, SUPERKAT17 said:

Meet the coach scheduled for 6 pm Thursday.  Baseball banquet previously scheduled for 6 Thursday had to move to 7.  Disrespectful!! 

Or a chance for everyone to meet the coach at 6 and stay for the baseball banquet at 7?  Seems like a convenience in scheduling instead of being disrespectful, but if that's how you want to see it....

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

44 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Or a chance for everyone to meet the coach at 6 and stay for the baseball banquet at 7?  Seems like a convenience in scheduling instead of being disrespectful, but if that's how you want to see it....

I almost feel like this guy could come in and immediately do awesome and there would still be people on here upset about it.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I almost feel like this guy could come in and immediately do awesome and there would still be people on here upset about it.  

Oh, you know that's the truth.  Dude could win state this year, and there would be a certain element that would still be saying stuff like "He won it with Phil's team." and "Those kids are being spoiled by this winning and turning into real jerks."

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JBizzle said:

Oh, you know that's the truth.  Dude could win state this year, and there would be a certain element that would still be saying stuff like "He won it with Phil's team." and "Those kids are being spoiled by this winning and turning into real jerks."

"The spirit of Phil was instilled in these young men. They did it for Phil." 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

That happened with Meeks after he won state. I had one guy tell me "he needs to be more like clappy Mack Brown"

• LOL! 3

1 minute ago, dillonpanthers said:

Henderson head girls basketball job is posted on THSCA. As is

-3 assistant football Jobs

- strength and conditioning/asst football 

-head boys soccer

How many football coaches does Henderson have at the Varsity level?  How many varsity coaches from last years staff are returning?

2 minutes ago, chubbychecker said:

How many football coaches does Henderson have at the Varsity level?  How many varsity coaches from last years staff are returning?

No idea what they have. Most schools that size have around 10 varsity assistants, including the coordinators. 

6 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

No idea what they have. Most schools that size have around 10 varsity assistants, including the coordinators. 

D line maybe 2 guys for tackles and ends, backers coach , corners coach, saafties coach and the coordinator gonna coach one of those so yea 5 sounds about right. Plus they used to have 4 freshman coaches.

20 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Henderson head girls basketball job is posted on THSCA. As is

-3 assistant football Jobs

- strength and conditioning/asst football 

-head boys soccer

Thought his wife was taking the girls BB job 😯 

1 hour ago, playactionpass39 said:

Looks like a complete and total house cleaning in Henderson.

OC and DC jobs posted.

RB's, WR's, and DB's jobs posted.

I guess he kept the O-Line and D-Line coaches.

From what I was told not a single varsity football coach is returning.  All opted to go other directions. Contracts went out before the hire and there were no non-renewals.

5 hours ago, chubbychecker said:

From what I was told not a single varsity football coach is returning.  All opted to go other directions. Contracts went out before the hire and there were no non-renewals.

Must have been an internal guy the staff wanted. Not unusual being loyal to your previous coach. Even though it doesn’t affect the administration it’s their way of throwing up the middle finger to the administration. Been there done that.

21 minutes ago, randomuser said:

Must have been an internal guy the staff wanted. Not unusual being loyal to your previous coach. Even though it doesn’t affect the administration it’s their way of throwing up the middle finger to the administration. Been there done that.

Seems to me like it is a coach’s market right now. Openings all over the place; Maybe some of them are jumping to greener pastures..

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Henderson hires Othell Robinson