UPDATE: Henderson hires Othell Robinson

Slickarick

47 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

My expectation for the foreseeable future is to average around 4.5 wins per season. Maybe win a playoff game...maybe not. 

With your expectation that low, at least its more easily exceeded yea? Lol.  

3 hours ago, StillALion said:

With the right guys in the right places on offense we should score a ton of points next year.  There will be an outstanding QB, three each outstanding receivers and RBs (one of whom is an all-state caliber CB on defense).  If the OL (headed by one of the Medford twins who will also play TE and could be as good at either position as he wants to be) comes thru we will have one of the best offenses in the state.  The defense will also have all-state caliber guys Jackson at S and Fields (who is unstoppable) at NG and the kid Garrett who made the national play of the week highlights last year with the 102 yd fumble return from end zone to end zone against Mabank.  Pre-season picks should have Chapel Hill 1st and us 2nd but that could flip by district.  Almost all of our best guys will be juniors.  Lindale and Kilgore lose a lot of guys and will have good but young new ones like us last year.  We were 5-5 in ‘88 (which wasn’t a “losing record” at .500 but was the first “non-winning season” in 33 years) and Coach A went 10-0 and was ranked #2 in the state at the end of the ‘89 season in his first year. 

Maybe 4 good receivers cause the outstanding QB has a twin brother with him in Henderson, them two kids are the coaches sons, I believe they are both D1.

• Like 1

If it turns out I'm wrong feel free to call me out on it. I will be happy to eat my crow like a man (it would not be the first time lol). In the mean time I am sticking by my prediction.

On 5/18/2021 at 4:57 PM, mikehoncho said:

With your expectation that low, at least its more easily exceeded yea? Lol.  

Yep...and I am hoping my expectations are greatly exceeded.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, StillALion said:

The athletes are there as always and the the way the pattern has gone the last 15 years or so has been when Henderson has a really good QB (which they will) they are a top 5-10 team.  Just the difference in attitude is already a big thing because of the change which unfortunately was needed because things had stagnated and guys were getting discouraged and leaving.  We also need to promote the program and players better to colleges and notify the Longview and Tyler papers and MaxPreps of our stats each week so that our guys are recognized.  How many times have you seen these lists of leaders and been like “Henderson’s QB should be right there number 3 on the list, the RB has more yards than anyone one the list, the LB should be #.2 under leading tacklers, etc.?”  Every time. 

That's true, I think the kids should be okay with the change of coaches, I think more confident some D1 players with them and the coaches haveing a resume from Guyer and DeSoto, that will boost the kids to there potential.

• LOL! 1

15 hours ago, StillALion said:

With the right guys in the right places on offense we should score a ton of points next year.  There will be an outstanding QB, three each outstanding receivers and RBs (one of whom is an all-state caliber CB on defense).  If the OL (headed by one of the Medford twins who will also play TE and could be as good at either position as he wants to be) comes thru we will have one of the best offenses in the state.  The defense will also have all-state caliber guys Jackson at S and Fields (who is unstoppable) at NG and the kid Garrett who made the national play of the week highlights last year with the 102 yd fumble return from end zone to end zone against Mabank.  Pre-season picks should have Chapel Hill 1st and us 2nd but that could flip by district.  Almost all of our best guys will be juniors.  Lindale and Kilgore lose a lot of guys and will have good but young new ones like us last year.  We were 5-5 in ‘88 (which wasn’t a “losing record” at .500 but was the first “non-winning season” in 33 years) and Coach A went 10-0 and was ranked #2 in the state at the end of the ‘89 season in his first year. 

Didn't yall's JV/9th get beat by Lindale and Kilgores JV/9th teams pretty handily?

I think you're crazy if you think this district will finish with CH/Henderson in 1st/2nd...

Palestine is going to be tough next year. Their subvarsity teams were really talented (much more talent than Hendo)

Kilgore will still have dudes and tradition

Lindale returns more than you think. They lose the RB of course, but they will return 8 starters on offense I think.

I am not real interested in talking about CH. Constantly moving parts there with athletes coming and going 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 5/19/2021 at 9:03 AM, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Didn't yall's JV/9th get beat by Lindale and Kilgores JV/9th teams pretty handily?

I think you're crazy if you think this district will finish with CH/Henderson in 1st/2nd...

Palestine is going to be tough next year. Their subvarsity teams were really talented (much more talent than Hendo)

Lindale returns more than you think. They lose the RB of course, but they will return 8 starters on offense I think.

I am not real interested in talking about CH. Constantly moving parts there with athletes coming and going 

lol you don't know the talent in Henderson next year and after, maybe years after that, but this year I see Henderson winning District, with new coaches, a big difference when you end up with great Quality staffs, next year you will see the difference,kids in there right positions.Henderson always had athletes but when you had poorly coached and kids not in there right positions things turn sour but when Henderson kids in right places and greater coaching you'll see the difference, just like in 2010 when Henderson had Great coaches look what happen then,things change when kids have quality and even D1 players, kids tends to play better, last year theses kids were young as they get older you see the difference.

You really can't look at what 9th jv did cause that's not varisty level, when they put them kids together it's different.

• LOL! 3
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, LionKing12172920 said:

You really can't look at what 9th jv did cause that's not varisty level, when they put them kids together it's different, the two teams in district I see that's going to be tough is Kilgore and Henderson.

• LOL! 1

On 4/9/2021 at 9:34 AM, JBizzle said:

So does it matter who they hire if Henderson has no athletes?

But that’s been asst sup Bennett’s been thing. We have “D1” athletes roaming the halls.. still trying to figure out where they are all at. That’s been his pitch to the new coaches to get them here.. 

• LOL! 1

On 4/8/2021 at 12:18 PM, Instigator said:

I don’t understand your reference but to answer your question there has been a ton of turnover in all sports bc Henderson doesn’t take care of their coaches.

They don’t pay extra days. 

Their stipends are average. 
Their budgets are God awful. I was told supply budget is $2,000 for most sports... oh and that’s supposed to provide for junior high too. 

Wanna bet they have unlimited budget next year though. 🤔🤔

On 4/8/2021 at 9:05 PM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I think it shouldn’t be split. You will probably get a transitional type coach or newbie. Drew Coleman is in coaching just saying haha. I am not sure on his credentials. I think all sports need a change . I also thought the basketball coach was doing just fine. 

He was. Took kids 3 rounds deep his first year. Hasn’t been done in over thirty years but yet he was pushed out.. still every one of you idiots thinks this is about castles and moving him out 

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2021 at 2:11 PM, blesseddaily said:

Many in the community, and coaches statewide  know exactly why there has been such an uproar...getting fired or reassigned is absolutely nothing new in the coaching world and it happens every year BUT there are ways to handle the situation that are right and those "ways" are used by 90% of the school districts and then there are ways to handle the situation that are considered classless, dirty and just wrong. Those districts and their admins are pretty much known throughout the coaching world and avoided like the plague...now Hendo's new supe and asst. supe have shown themselves to be that type of admins and word will spread quickly...Hendo has also lost lots of quality teachers throughout the system...and will continue to lose good teachers as long as they are treated like...well, like crud...to put it nicely...that's what the uproar is about.

Finally someone has a brain on here. 

On 4/12/2021 at 10:52 AM, PrideMember said:

I have my doubts about the church changing anything, except for the board. Henderson Football Banquet will be tonight. Going to be interesting to see who attends for the kids.

None of admin that are here “for the kids” came. 

44 minutes ago, SUPERKAT17 said:

If a kid is going to make an impact on Varsity he should be dominating and standing out on JV or 9th grade team.  I didn’t witness any of that.  Did I miss something?

Don't think you missed much. Apparently these Henderson fans think I have it out for them. Actually, just calling it like I see it.

Henderson did not have much talent on the JV in the two games I saw. Maybe kids were out with injuries or grades?

Henderson 9th was talented, but struggled to score points. Turned the ball over a lot as well.

I just don't think you can justify an argument that Henderson is going from 5th place in this district to 1st place in this district. You haven't seen anything yet. The new HC has barely arrived in town and assembled a staff. Yes he has a D1 son who is going to play QB. That should help the offense go from nothing to something...but that doesn't mean you are all of a sudden going to score 40 points per game.

14 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Don't think you missed much. Apparently these Henderson fans think I have it out for them. Actually, just calling it like I see it.

Henderson did not have much talent on the JV in the two games I saw. Maybe kids were out with injuries or grades?

Henderson 9th was talented, but struggled to score points. Turned the ball over a lot as well.

I just don't think you can justify an argument that Henderson is going from 5th place in this district to 1st place in this district. You haven't seen anything yet. The new HC has barely arrived in town and assembled a staff. Yes he has a D1 son who is going to play QB. That should help the offense go from nothing to something...but that doesn't mean you are all of a sudden going to score 40 points per game.

Is he going D1 because he is a good QB or because he is a good athlete?  There's a difference.  A great athlete at QB can make a huge difference in lower classifications, but at the 4A and up levels, it's not as big.

• Thanks 1

On 5/19/2021 at 12:41 AM, StillALion said:

The athletes are there as always and the the way the pattern has gone the last 15 years or so has been when Henderson has a really good QB (which they will) they are a top 5-10 team.  Just the difference in attitude is already a big thing because of the change which unfortunately was needed because things had stagnated and guys were getting discouraged and leaving.  We also need to promote the program and players better to colleges and notify the Longview and Tyler papers and MaxPreps of our stats each week so that our guys are recognized.  How many times have you seen these lists of leaders and been like “Henderson’s QB should be right there number 3 on the list, the RB has more yards than anyone one the list, the LB should be #.2 under leading tacklers, etc.?”  Every time. 

That right there tells you what is wrong with Henderson.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

These bleacher coaches have always thought their sons were amazing.. 

It sure is fun watching them scramble to “assemble” a staff after they told them all to find new jobs. I do mean all. Head coaches of every sport, asst coaches and even PE coaches in elementary.. Well excuse me, Bennett and Robinson made sure to tell the black coaches their jobs were safe but told the rest to update their resumes, that they were going to bring more “brothers” to the staff. Funny thing is all of their people they were bringing in backed out. So now they are BEGGING currant coaches to stay now because they are panicking when they now have to replace 15 coaches that have already found jobs and resigned. Even the ones of color aren’t putting up with their ####. So please tell me more how this is all about Castles leaving? 

Bennett wants to keep AD because he wants control and the pay still. Especially since he hasn’t passed his super cert and all of his other certs expire next month. But the admin is GREAT at making up jobs for people that aren’t qualified. Like the coach with a felony record. I got $100 he will be JH coordinator and asst football and basketball. And he has no certs for anything that qualifies him to even be in those positions he’s an aide. 

And before you idiots start talking about hear say. It’s not, this is first hand and in recordings. So congrats bleacher coaches of Henderson. You’ve now allowed even more stupidity in the community. By the way your tax money and the millions given and donated to the school will be given to these yahoos and people they bring in to pay them enough to even want to come here. Instead of giving their teachers raises that have been there for years or updating things for the kids. Lamb said it was HIS money he is going to do with it what he pleases though. Basketball, football, and track will have an unlimited budget especially Bennett’s wife is head track and cross country. Rest of the sports they won’t give a #### about. 

• LOL! 1

HC robinsons wife isn’t coming to Henderson. Plus those D1 kids of his aren’t coming either they are staying with their mom so y’all might wanna regroup y’all’s plans for him to pull y’all to state 😂

2 minutes ago, Alumni said:

HC robinsons wife isn’t coming to Henderson. Plus those D1 kids of his aren’t coming either they are staying with their mom so y’all might wanna regroup y’all’s plans for him to pull y’all to state 😂

Jay-Z-awkward.gif

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, Alumni said:

No way the D1 football playing kids aren't coming with the head football coach Dad...right???

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Henderson hires Othell Robinson