The Smoakhouse Forums

On 4/8/2021 at 1:29 PM, Slickarick said:

They just need to update the field a little. Modernize it a bit. It's better than it was but could get even better.

With Kilgore having to share the field with Kilgore college is what's hurting the facelift is what I've been told.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kilgore will never reach their potential until they embrace the forward pass.........

Carthage won state titles before Preston arrived and will continue after he is gone, as long as Surratt is the HC. Not diminishing what Preston has contributed at all, but this is Surratt’s program. 

That it’s long overdue. Same with district rival Henderson. Both long overdue. 

11 hours ago, VonG said:

I don't see very many coaches wanting this job if that is the pay. You have to teach a couple of classes also. Thanks but no thanks. 

I think the "keep the current staff in tact" is the bigger killer.  They already know what they want with those stipulations.  With Wood being AD, this is just a formality to promote someone to HC.

I hate that there are some things attached with this job to make it less appealing.  Kilgore has fantastic athletes and talent year in and year out.  The right coach could really make Kilgore a perennial powerhouse. 

11 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I hate that there are some things attached with this job to make it less appealing.  Kilgore has fantastic athletes and talent year in and year out.  The right coach could really make Kilgore a perennial powerhouse. 

Kilgore will never reach their potential until they embrace the forward pass.........

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
47 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

You must have missed last season.

1 hour ago, playactionpass39 said:

I would hope that whoever takes over will make their offense a little more dynamic! I didn't watch much Kilgore action last year but it sounded like it was a step in the right direction diversity wise anyways.  

12 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I would hope that whoever takes over will make their offense a little more dynamic! I didn't watch much Kilgore action last year but it sounded like it was a step in the right direction diversity wise anyways.  

Over 2,000 yards rushing and passing in 2020.

• Like 1

Hot off the press, Kerry Strong is a heavy favorite. 

Wonder when they will announce...🤔🤔🤔

10 hours ago, KildogDad said:

You must have missed last season.

They Are beginning to realize They they can Actually Throw the Ball THROUGH THE ATMOSPHERE to another player dressed just like themselves, & IF that player successfully CATCHES it, positive yards, & dare I say it? A Touchdown COULD occur! 😜

(Sorry, KilDogDad; I couldn’t resist...!😂) Kilgore is making Great progress in their passing game the last couple of years!👌😋

• Haha 2

Haven't heard anything.  Figured inside job they would announce by now.