2022 5A/6A realignment

Mavchamp

2 minutes ago, VonG said:

I do too. I wouldn't be surprised if Legacy had at least 2500 students next realignment. 

Cumberland taking alot of kids too. The Cumberland High has 600 students. I would bet 400 of those kids would probably be at Legacy.

22 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

It was football season when both Tyler schools played Longview. I'm assuming all three schools had guys in Football at that time.

Are Legacy's best players in the football program too? Nope.

Matt Wade (district offensive poty), Jaylon Spencer, Will Mitchell, Teon Erwin, Nate Noland....these were TL's best players....none of them play football.

All played against LV too. Outside of Liebengood and Marco Washington, LV's best players all played football....including the best player on the team...Jalen Hale.

47 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Cumberland taking alot of kids too. The Cumberland High has 600 students. I would bet 400 of those kids would probably be at Legacy.

I have family that stays in the Grande/Paluxy area. They send their kid to Cumberland.

Zoned to Whitehouse, but they refuse to send their kid there. Too far...and other things.

Willing to bet a healthy chunk of Cumberland kids would be at Whitehouse too.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ANTI said:

I have family that stays in the Grande/Paluxy area. They send their kid to Cumberland.

Zoned to Whitehouse, but they refuse to send their kid there. Too far...and other things.

People think I am crazy but I guarantee that within the next 5 years, Cumberland will be the largest private school in East Texas due to where it is and the forward thinking of the admin.  If they get seriously committed to any athletic program, you could see the east texas version of Plano Prestonwood or Midland Chrisitan. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingwolf said:

People think I am crazy but I guarantee that within the next 5 years, Cumberland will be the largest private school in East Texas due to where it is and the forward thinking of the admin.  If they get seriously committed to any athletic program, you could see the east texas version of Plano Prestonwood or Midland Chrisitan. 

Cumberland is not a private school. It's a charter school. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, VonG said:

I take full credit for any athletic accomplishments they make. I helped *start* the athletic program, waaaaay back before they became "Cumberland." 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, LOL said:

I take full credit for any athletic accomplishments they make. I helped *start* the athletic program, waaaaay back before they became "Cumberland." 

You started way back when they started off as a private school.

Why you don't rep them if you had an affiliation with them? Lol.

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, VonG said:

I don't think even they knew what they wanted to be back then.  ;) 

But they seem to have it figured out now. 

1 hour ago, kingwolf said:

Cumberland is a charter. I dont know if you'll ever see a Prestonwood or MC in ETX....the public school sports in Plano and Midland are struggling so much...PW and MC are legit getting a good chunk of the quality athletes because of it. But I see what you're saying.

On a side note, the younger sibling of the family member that goes to Cumberland is one of the best 11U players in Tyler. Will be a Foster Dragon this fall. Incoming 7th group in LV is loaded.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ANTI said:

On a side note, the younger sibling of the family member that goes to Cumberland is one of the best 11U players in Tyler. Will be a Foster Dragon this fall. Incoming 7th group in LV is loaded.

Oh yeah? I've got that beat... 

I happen to know of a DE in the Class of 2030 who's gonna be one to watch. He's in the 99th percentile in height (projected to hit somewhere between 6-5 and 6-8) and has a crazy wingspan. Physical and aggressive. Straight A's in Hudson Pep's GT classes. Unfortunately his father is a bit problematic, kind of a head case. But no worries: King knows how to handle him. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ANTI said:

Are Legacy's best players in the football program too? Nope.

Matt Wade (district offensive poty), Jaylon Spencer, Will Mitchell, Teon Erwin, Nate Noland....these were TL's best players....none of them play football.

All played against LV too. Outside of Liebengood and Marco Washington, LV's best players all played football....including the best player on the team...Jalen Hale.

I'm not doubting that, I was just stating that all of the teams were probably not at full strength until after football season. 

19 hours ago, ANTI said:

according to TEA transfer (which all the students at Cumberland are transfer students since its a charter school)

of the 1961 students K-12, 1470 are from TISD. The next highest is 204 from Whitehouse ISD, then 82 from Chapel Hill.   

6 hours ago, VonG said:

Lol...I jumped the gun...I was talking about Gorman.  We did a lot of work with them over the last year and am very impressed with the planning that is on the horizon for them.

4 hours ago, ANTI said:

Cumberland is a charter. I dont know if you'll ever see a Prestonwood or MC in ETX....the public school sports in Plano and Midland are struggling so much...PW and MC are legit getting a good chunk of the quality athletes because of it. But I see what you're saying.

Yep was talking Cumberland but meant Gorman

TEA has Royse City at 2,048 in October 2020. They were at 1,904 in 2019. They have a pretty good sized freshman class coming in this fall too, its almost inevitable that they are moving up. Remember, when realignment cutoff initially came out, Royse City was placed in 5A DI because the cutoff was initially 1900. But then the UIL went back and raised it to 1922. 

North Forney was at 1,894 in 2019. They're up to 2,043 now...grew even more than Royse City did. 

Both will no doubt have 5AD1 numbers. Forney is still a ways off.

Mesquite ISD recently rezoned their entire district....West Mesquite grew quite a bit. They had over 700 freshmen in 2020. May have to actually watch a move to 6A but I think they stay down by a hair. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kingwolf said:

I believe Cumberland is the largest charter or private school in East Texas.

4 hours ago, ANTI said:

Will he be driving from Tyler to Longview everyday...LOL   

• LOL! 1

5 hours ago, VonG said:

Why you don't rep them if you had an affiliation with them? Lol.

Hahaha, ya gotta read my posts with a sarcastic tone of voice. I was there a loooooong time ago. :D 

51 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

Lol...I jumped the gun...I was talking about Gorman.  We did a lot of work with them over the last year and am very impressed with the planning that is on the horizon for them.

Oh ok. They are not the most sought out private school  in Tyler.  If they do have some big things on the horizon, that's great for them.

On 4/11/2021 at 11:16 PM, Mavchamp said:

Sherman- The Bearcats are most definitely on the bubble at 1951, just 30 above the 5A Div II cutoff.  An increase of almost any amount in the cutoff with a slight drop in enrollment could send them to the Greenville/Royse CIty district.

Doesn't seem like Sherman is going down at all.

I can easily see the 6A cutoff line going up at least 75-100 with the way schools around the state are growing.

Other key statewide 5A D1 news:

Aledo will have over 2000 kids in the fall, they will definitely move up to 5A D1 and will probably move on to 6A the following alignment.

Smithson Valley looks to be dropping down from 6A...the new high schools in Comal ISD are having an effect on the enrollment.