Paul Pewitt open

AttaKid0596

59 minutes ago, chubbychecker said:

So what happens when they hire a guy that doesn't want to run his offense?  

Don’t think that will happen this time. Think they may actually do it right. I’m hearing Dorsey is the guy. Smart move on their part

18 hours ago, chubbychecker said:

So what happens when they hire a guy that doesn't want to run his offense?  

They wont. Its agreed on before the hire that they will run the slot t. If a coach wants to run something else he goes somewhere else. 

1 minute ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

They wont. Its agreed on before the hire that they will run the slot t. If a coach wants to run something else he goes somewhere else. 

very close minded view IMO.  if they got a great coach who knew how to use the kids a different way and be more effective they should.

• Like 1

Just now, chubbychecker said:

very close minded view IMO.  if they got a great coach who knew how to use the kids a different way and be more effective they should.

It may be but they have been pretty successful. They went to the spread a few years ago but that was a train wreck. I see what you're saying but I also see their point if its not broke don't fix it.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

It may be but they have been pretty successful. They went to the spread a few years ago but that was a train wreck. I see what you're saying but I also see their point if its not broke don't fix it.  

yeah they have been successful no doubt.  And the SPREAD isn't the only other option.  In fact DC's prefer to go against JUST the SPREAD.  You run into that one old school DC in the first or second round of the playoffs that can stop a slot T though and they get down......end of the line.  I am just not a big fan of wing T or slot T being the only thing a team does.  In all honesty though, even though they were successful, I personally think they should have won it Abron's last year there....

4 minutes ago, chubbychecker said:

yeah they have been successful no doubt.  And the SPREAD isn't the only other option.  In fact DC's prefer to go against JUST the SPREAD.  You run into that one old school DC in the first or second round of the playoffs that can stop a slot T though and they get down......end of the line.  I am just not a big fan of wing T or slot T being the only thing a team does.  In all honesty though, even though they were successful, I personally think they should have won it Abron's last year there....

I agree they should've won. They were so talented that year. The slot t can be stopped if you know how. However, you don't see it very often therefore, a lot of teams do not know how to defend it. 

4 hours ago, chubbychecker said:

Was that the year they lost in title game to Gunter?

22 hours ago, chubbychecker said:

21 hours ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

I agree they should've won. They were so talented that year. The slot t can be stopped if you know how. However, you don't see it very often therefore, a lot of teams do not know how to defend it. 

It didn't help that Pewitt pretty much had one formation.

They were good on offense those years they went to the spread too.

23 hours ago, chubbychecker said:

And the only reason they didn't win it is because they were so limited on offense.

• Like 1

I personally think Dorsey would be a great hire. Great man of Character, knows the kids, they have a high respect for him, and great coach. Would be my first choice if I was apart of the board but I do not have a say. School Boards and Supts have a mind of their own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RW2008 said:

I personally think Dorsey would be a great hire. Great man of Character, knows the kids, they have a high respect for him, and great coach. Would be my first choice if I was apart of the board but I do not have a say. School Boards and Supts have a mind of their own.

WHOA WHOA WHOA... Let's not get carried away by saying they have a "mind"

• LOL! 1

The blasphemy on this website. 1 decent season out of 3 in the spread? 2 first round exits and a losing season. 3 Seasons back in the Slot T and 8-3, 14-2 state runner ups, and 8-4, and still getting the "eh they would be better in something else". I bet a lot of schools will take a couple playoff wins a year and an occasional state run over first round exits. It amazes me some think that their best season in 2 decades would have been even better (by one game) in another system. 

• Like 5

On 4/28/2021 at 9:35 AM, chubbychecker said:

That’s accurate but when the last time PP had a kid that could be a true QB or even potential to be one?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mrclean69 said:

The blasphemy on this website. 1 decent season out of 3 in the spread? 2 first round exits and a losing season. 3 Seasons back in the Slot T and 8-3, 14-2 state runner ups, and 8-4, and still getting the "eh they would be better in something else". I bet a lot of schools will take a couple playoff wins a year and an occasional state run over first round exits. It amazes me some think that their best season in 2 decades would have been even better (by one game) in another system. 

Don't think anybody said they would have been better in another system, but the need to be more versatile in the system they were in was apparent in the state championship game. Even at the 3A-DII level you have to be able to throw the football to win it all.

11 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Don't think anybody said they would have been better in another system, but the need to be more versatile in the system they were in was apparent in the state championship game. Even at the 3A-DII level you have to be able to throw the football to win it all.

i assume most want to maximize their team's potential. Is the slot T maximizing pewitt? I would say yes. proof in the history

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Gunter beat them that game and threw 6 passes and 3 of them were picked and one was run back for a td. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Yep, but the threat of the pass was enough to cause PP to have to play defense in a way that opened up the running game.

I will have to disagree respectfully of course.  I believe Gunter was just way more physical on that day. In the 2nd half they basically ran 3 plays midline buck sweep and Belly G and scored 3 tds in the 2nd half.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, centex1 said:

I will have to disagree respectfully of course.  I believe Gunter was just way more physical on that day. In the 2nd half they basically ran 3 plays midline buck sweep and Belly G and scored 3 tds in the 2nd half.  

We can respectfully have a conversation, and too a point, I agree with you.

But, if I remember correctly, PP was one short in the box because they had to respect the ability of Gunter to throw the ball. That is why they were able to make the two interceptions in the first half.

3 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

We can respectfully have a conversation, and too a point, I agree with you.

But, if I remember correctly, PP was one short in the box because they had to respect the ability of Gunter to throw the ball. That is why they were able to make the two interceptions in the first half.

Seemed to me that Abram played most people the same way scheme wise. And their kids played with a high intensity and physicality to them and on that day Gunter just took it up and were more physical than Pewit that day. I was very surprised in that cause up to that point that season I hadn't seen anybody out physical Pewit.  Particularly in the 2nd half. And you might be right I don't remember how they lined up in the box to Gunter I just remember being blown away by how they ran it at Pewit with basically 3 plays in the 2nd half.