2A Baseball playoffs ?

action10

6 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Everybody still playing is pretty good .... what are their strengths?

Pitching and Defense was was really good only made 1 or 2 errors total in 3 games!  The game 1 starter and game 2 starter are very good if you get them to a game 3 I would say it gives you a better chance but the game 3 guy was throwing hard just not as much control.  Murdock, Penny and Dempsey prob their best hitters from what I saw. Good Luck to both Teams I will be rooting for McLeod but only cause I know 3 of their kids. 

10 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

Pitching and Defense was was really good only made 1 or 2 errors total in 3 games!  The game 1 starter and game 2 starter are very good if you get them to a game 3 I would say it gives you a better chance but the game 3 guy was throwing hard just not as much control.  Murdock, Penny and Dempsey prob their best hitters from what I saw. Good Luck to both Teams I will be rooting for McLeod but only cause I know 3 of their kids. 

Sounds a lot like Garrison's team. Pitching is our strong suit as well.  We are also very sound defensively and play very good fundamental baseball.  It should be a good series ... unfortunately I will be in Signal Mountain, Tennessee and will miss it  ....  😪

• Like 1

McLeod has 2 freshmen pitchers, Penny and Dempsey, who are pretty good.   They are sound and are well coached.  I think they played in one of the toughest districts in 2A (I’m a little biased) so they have been battle tested all season and had to make some key wins late just to make the playoffs.   They are good. 

On 5/22/2021 at 8:01 PM, StingEmALTO said:

REGIONAL SEMI-FINAL INFO:
(25-7) Alto vs. Rivercrest (23-3)
All games @ Mike Carter Field in Tyler.

GAME 1
⏰Thurs @ 5pm
Home: Rivercrest

GAME 2
⏰30 min after
Home: Alto

GAME 3 (if needed)
⏰Sat @ 2pm
Home: flip before game

6536C690-3F10-4EC3-A75E-102A133FB5D1.jpeg

Alto Baseball is still plying, yet the Head Baseball job is posted on THSCA, is the Alto coach going to Center?

8 hours ago, Maudite said:

McLeod has 2 freshmen pitchers, Penny and Dempsey, who are pretty good.   They are sound and are well coached.  I think they played in one of the toughest districts in 2A (I’m a little biased) so they have been battle tested all season and had to make some key wins late just to make the playoffs.   They are good. 

Garrison has two excellent pitchers  ... one has signed an offer to pitch for Stephen F Austin  .... and the other is just as good,  or better  ....  we also have a solid defense and some really clutch hitters from top to bottom of the lineup  ...  nobody in 2A has beaten Garrison, the losses have been against 3A and 4A classification schools.  it should be a good series .....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Garrison has two excellent pitchers  ... one has signed an offer to pitch for Stephen F Austin  .... and the other is just as good,  or better  ....  we also have a solid defense and some really clutch hitters from top to bottom of the lineup  ...  nobody in 2A has beaten Garrison, the losses have been against 3A and 4A classification schools.  it should be a good series .....

I definitely think Garrison has the advantage.   We saw them last year in a tournament, but I do think McLeod will come out and battle.  

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 6:45 PM, KirtFalcon said:

Man, it would do my heart good if Alto and Garrison were playing next week for a trip to the state tournament! Good luck to the Bulldogs. Gotta git ‘r done this week for that to happen. 🤞🤞🤞

• Thanks 1

GOD is Good Always! Man here we are on the eve of the Regional Semi-Finals, and my blood is starting to flow, maroon that is! My dog's have one more tune-up today, before the big day tomorrow. It's anybody's game , and anyone of the four teams remaining  region. I won't be able to sleep tonight, not because of worry but out of excitement. The best thing of all the weatherman(GOD) has given us a beautiful day for Thursday amen! Everyone have a great day at work today, I will because I will be working at baseball! God Bless

• Like 1

GOD is good all the time! Okay everyone it's game day, I'm so glad we don't have to wait until Saturday to play.That was a long week! My boy's of summer are going to go out and put it on the line again. We're down to the last four teams in the region and it's anyone's region , just depends on who shows up to play! The best thing about today is that we get to play some baseball, what a life. Everyone just be careful going to and from your games, there's probably going to be a lot more traffic out there because of the holiday weekend! Go out and cheer your teams on and enjoy the ride! God Bless

• Like 2