Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GOD is good all the time! Wow against all odds my boys of summer played their hearts out again! What a fun ride this year with the bulldogs. We setout three years ago to win state and last year Covid

God is good always! But, today my boys get to play this great game we love, BASEBALL! Safe travels to everyone, weather has been a little crazy. We're going to go out and put everything on the line an

GOD is good all the time! Okay everyone it's game day, I'm so glad we don't have to wait until Saturday to play.That was a long week! My boy's of summer are going to go out and put it on the line agai

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Anybody know anything about McLeod? ....

They pretty good ! Seen them play before us in Brook Hill yesterday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jacket52 said:

They pretty good ! Seen them play before us in Brook Hill yesterday. 

Everybody still playing is pretty good .... what are their strengths?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jacket52 said:

They pretty good ! Seen them play before us in Brook Hill yesterday. 

Anyone still playing this week is pretty good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Everybody still playing is pretty good .... what are their strengths?

Pitching and Defense was was really good only made 1 or 2 errors total in 3 games!  The game 1 starter and game 2 starter are very good if you get them to a game 3 I would say it gives you a better chance but the game 3 guy was throwing hard just not as much control.  Murdock, Penny and Dempsey prob their best hitters from what I saw. Good Luck to both Teams I will be rooting for McLeod but only cause I know 3 of their kids. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

Pitching and Defense was was really good only made 1 or 2 errors total in 3 games!  The game 1 starter and game 2 starter are very good if you get them to a game 3 I would say it gives you a better chance but the game 3 guy was throwing hard just not as much control.  Murdock, Penny and Dempsey prob their best hitters from what I saw. Good Luck to both Teams I will be rooting for McLeod but only cause I know 3 of their kids. 

Sounds a lot like Garrison's team. Pitching is our strong suit as well.  We are also very sound defensively and play very good fundamental baseball.  It should be a good series ... unfortunately I will be in Signal Mountain, Tennessee and will miss it  ....  😪

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

McLeod has 2 freshmen pitchers, Penny and Dempsey, who are pretty good.   They are sound and are well coached.  I think they played in one of the toughest districts in 2A (I’m a little biased) so they have been battle tested all season and had to make some key wins late just to make the playoffs.   They are good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2021 at 8:01 PM, StingEmALTO said:

REGIONAL SEMI-FINAL INFO:
(25-7) Alto vs. Rivercrest (23-3)
All games @ Mike Carter Field in Tyler.

GAME 1
⏰Thurs @ 5pm
Home: Rivercrest

GAME 2
⏰30 min after
Home: Alto

GAME 3 (if needed)
⏰Sat @ 2pm
Home: flip before game

6536C690-3F10-4EC3-A75E-102A133FB5D1.jpeg

Alto Baseball is still plying, yet the Head Baseball job is posted on THSCA, is the Alto coach going to Center?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Alto Baseball is still plying, yet the Head Baseball job is posted on THSCA, is the Alto coach going to Center?

That is correct. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Maudite said:

McLeod has 2 freshmen pitchers, Penny and Dempsey, who are pretty good.   They are sound and are well coached.  I think they played in one of the toughest districts in 2A (I’m a little biased) so they have been battle tested all season and had to make some key wins late just to make the playoffs.   They are good. 

Garrison has two excellent pitchers  ... one has signed an offer to pitch for Stephen F Austin  .... and the other is just as good,  or better  ....  we also have a solid defense and some really clutch hitters from top to bottom of the lineup  ...  nobody in 2A has beaten Garrison, the losses have been against 3A and 4A classification schools.  it should be a good series .....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Garrison has two excellent pitchers  ... one has signed an offer to pitch for Stephen F Austin  .... and the other is just as good,  or better  ....  we also have a solid defense and some really clutch hitters from top to bottom of the lineup  ...  nobody in 2A has beaten Garrison, the losses have been against 3A and 4A classification schools.  it should be a good series .....

I definitely think Garrison has the advantage.   We saw them last year in a tournament, but I do think McLeod will come out and battle.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2021 at 6:45 PM, KirtFalcon said:

Garrison has two excellent pitchers  ... one has signed an offer to pitch for Stephen F Austin  .... and the other is just as good,  or better  ....  we also have a solid defense and some really clutch hitters from top to bottom of the lineup  ...  nobody in 2A has beaten Garrison, the losses have been against 3A and 4A classification schools.  it should be a good series .....

Man, it would do my heart good if Alto and Garrison were playing next week for a trip to the state tournament! Good luck to the Bulldogs. Gotta git ‘r done this week for that to happen. 🤞🤞🤞

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

GOD is Good Always! Man here we are on the eve of the Regional Semi-Finals, and my blood is starting to flow, maroon that is! My dog's have one more tune-up today, before the big day tomorrow. It's anybody's game , and anyone of the four teams remaining  region. I won't be able to sleep tonight, not because of worry but out of excitement. The best thing of all the weatherman(GOD) has given us a beautiful day for Thursday amen! Everyone have a great day at work today, I will because I will be working at baseball! God Bless

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

GOD is good all the time! Okay everyone it's game day, I'm so glad we don't have to wait until Saturday to play.That was a long week! My boy's of summer are going to go out and put it on the line again. We're down to the last four teams in the region and it's anyone's region , just depends on who shows up to play! The best thing about today is that we get to play some baseball, what a life. Everyone just be careful going to and from your games, there's probably going to be a lot more traffic out there because of the holiday weekend! Go out and cheer your teams on and enjoy the ride! God Bless

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

HERE WE GO!

FYI:  Notes about Mike Carter Field:

1) Admission at the gate is debit/credit card only.
2) Concessions will accept cash or card.
3) No outside food or drink.
4) No lawn chairs.

05-27-2021 - Baseball Playoffs - Regional Semifinals.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

Scores yet?

I saw Alto lost the 1st game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...