3a Baseball Playoffs

lionpride08

5 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

What is the rule on when the games have to be completed?  Saw a few teams have game 3's scheduled today and weather isn't looking great.  When does it get to the point where they would have to flip to see who advances to the next round?

Next round games are not scheduled until Thurs at earliest assuming a 3 game series.  I’d say they have until Wed to get last week’s games in.  That could impact pitching rotations for some.  It could also change strategy for next series from both coaching staffs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ObiOne said:

What is the rule on when the games have to be completed?  Saw a few teams have game 3's scheduled today and weather isn't looking great.  When does it get to the point where they would have to flip to see who advances to the next round?

**BI-DISTRICT ROUND PLAYING DATES EXCEPTION

With state testing and the UIL State Track and Field State Meet both occurring during the week of May 3rd – 7th, baseball teams that elect to play a three-game series may extend the series until Monday to complete the series provided at least one game is completed by the end of the day on Saturday.   This applies to the bi-district round for baseball. Teams electing to use the exception should keep in mind: 

• The next round opponent may force a coin toss to begin the next round on Wednesday.
  • If only one game is played by Saturday, and Monday gets rained out, the series will revert to a one-game format and the winner of that one game will advance.
  • If two games are played (and split) and the third game cannot be played on Monday because of weather conditions, the third and deciding game shall be settled by a coin flip.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mustang1113 said:

Anbody got any thoughts on E.F vs. MT. Vernon series?

MT. Vernon struggled to score on Harmony’s ace this year and EF has three pitchers very similar to Patterson in velocity. EF beat Harmony this season and I believe Harmony run ruled Mt Vernon both games or was close I know that don’t always mean anything but EF is clicking on all cylinders and has finally gotten over the injury bug and is healthy so I expect it to be a fun series with EF Moving on to round 3 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

To be honest, I think EF would’ve been a 4th, maybe 3rd place team in New Diana, Sabine, and White Oaks district. 

Just keep watching pal we will find out next week !  Ask Diana how good Benton was lol EF beat Benton at Benton and was up 11-3 on them most the game. 

4 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

To be honest, I think EF would’ve been a 4th, maybe 3rd place team in New Diana, Sabine, and White Oaks district. 

ND and WO have always been pretty good at baseball, that's the one sports that's unpredictable no matter the size of the schools 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jacket52 said:

Just keep watching pal we will find out next week !  Ask Diana how good Benton was lol EF beat Benton at Benton and was up 11-3 on them most the game. 

Has EF played ND or WO this yet?

2 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

Has EF played ND or WO this yet?

We played WO in a tournament and they beat us 9-2 I think was the score but we didn’t throw either of our pitchers against them.  And we gave up 6 in top of 1st inning cause couldn’t throw a strike. 

3 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Because it’s true?

Sabine is good but they would not of won our District and if Tatum doesn’t have 20 errors in 2 games they might still be playing.  Hard to win when you beat yourself worst than opponent does. 

7 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

How good was White Oak since we are comparing scores and all? 

Not as good as some the teams we beat this season as I stated earlier we didn’t throw either of our pitchers in any tournament games this year.  Saved them for District. 

3 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

WR was a young team this year. We weren’t talking about them though were we? 

We can talk more about EF I am fine with that!  Speaking of Young did you know that 5 of the EF starters are Underclassmen 4 Freshman and 1 Sophomore.   

3 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

I don’t know much about EF baseball but the bat flip is classic.   On the other hand if I was on the mound he would have taken a fastball at his chin his next AB.   LOL

I completely agree lol but I don’t think he come up again in that game. 

10 hours ago, jacket52 said:

Sabine is good but they would not of won our District and if Tatum doesn’t have 20 errors in 2 games they might still be playing.  Hard to win when you beat yourself worst than opponent does. 

If Tatum didn’t have errors they would of been district champs. 

12 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

I completely agree lol but I don’t think he come up again in that game. 

Then the next batter would have gotten it if it was late in the game.  Did he not get any type of warning from the Umpire?  A little bat flip is part of the game but his version was equivalent to a Deion Saunders TD celebration starting at the 10 yard line.😂

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Then the next batter would have gotten it if it was late in the game.  Did he not get any type of warning from the Umpire?  A little bat flip is part of the game but his version was equivalent to a Deion Saunders TD celebration starting at the 10 yard line.😂

Nope but our coach got on him a little 😂

14 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

WR had 1 senior on the team. The rest were underclassmen. Looks to me like EF got lucky to win district. Tatum beat y’all twice. 

It takes more than Luck to go 12-2 in district but I get it your salty.  WR was in third with 2 weeks to go and lost like 5 games in a row that stings. 

4 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Im not salty at all. This was a building year for WR in baseball. They competed well and will only be better next year. 

I liked the team and honestly thought they would make playoffs I just giving you a hard time.