4A Region 2 Baseball

17 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Tough, tough region this year. Lots of really good teams that have an honest chance of taking the Region II title. Lots more series getting going tonight.

A lot of baseball yet to be played but my finalist in this region are Bullard vs Celina.

Game 1

Celina 11

Ranchview 0

Sophomore LHP (Rice commit) RJ Ruais goes the distance (6 IP) strikes out 16 — of the 18 outs recorded. Gave up a lone hit with two outs in the sixth. Game 2 today at Celina  at 3 p.m. Sophomore RHP (OU Commit) Noah Bentley on the bump. Bentley has four or five no-hitters on the season.

2 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

A lot of baseball yet to be played but my finalist in this region are Bullard vs Celina.

Celina certainly has the talent to do that (and Bullard too). The only argument against the Bobcats would be their youth (mostly sophs/juniors) and relative inexperience in the postseason. Teams like PG just have the pedigree, and they tend to get hot during the postseason. LE also has a rich baseball tradition. The benefit for Celina is they played in a really tough district, and had to pull out some hard-fought games. I could see a number of the District 9 teams make a run in the postseason to be honest.

• Thanks 1

On 5/8/2021 at 7:48 AM, d0tc0m said:

Celina certainly has the talent to do that (and Bullard too). The only argument against the Bobcats would be their youth (mostly sophs/juniors) and relative inexperience in the postseason. Teams like PG just have the pedigree, and they tend to get hot during the postseason. LE also has a rich baseball tradition. The benefit for Celina is they played in a really tough district, and had to pull out some hard-fought games. I could see a number of the District 9 teams make a run in the postseason to be honest.

Who do you expect to come out of region 1?

5 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Who do you expect to come out of region 1?

Argyle is probably the favorite, in my opinion.

But I wouldn’t sleep on Canyon, Graham, Benbrook, or even Iowa Park.

The Region I bracket is pretty top heavy, though. I think Graham can cruise into the Region finals, being on the bottom half of the bracket. Those other ones will have to fight to get to the Region finals. In the end, I think it’s Argyle.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

Argyle is probably the favorite, in my opinion.

But I wouldn’t sleep on Canyon, Graham, Benbrook, or even Iowa Park.

The Region I bracket is pretty top heavy, though. I think Graham can cruise into the Region finals, being on the bottom half of the bracket. Those other ones will have to fight to get to the Region finals. In the end, I think it’s Argyle.

Yes I'm with you on Argyle being the favorite in that region.

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Yes I'm with you on Argyle being the favorite in that region.

They have the pedigree. And the talent.

Argyle beat Celina early early in the season, but the Bobcats were missing a ton of key starters. Both teams have no doubt gotten a ton better.

Celina vs Argyle in a 3-game series with a trip to Austin on the line. That would be a blast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d0tc0m said:

They have the pedigree. And the talent.

Argyle beat Celina early early in the season, but the Bobcats were missing a ton of key starters. Both teams have no doubt gotten a ton better.

Celina vs Argyle in a 3-game series with a trip to Austin on the line. That would be a blast.

Celina and Argyle would only meet in Austin.   Celina region 2 and Argyle region 1.  

1 hour ago, BlackShirtD said:

Celina and Argyle would only meet in Austin.   Celina region 2 and Argyle region 1.  

Lol oh yeah, duh. My mind was clearly thinking football, semifinal matchup.

my mistake!

2 hours ago, regaleagle said:

In the baseball playoffs......the road to Austin is usually filled with heavy traffic, blinking lights, and sudden stops.  Proceed with caution!  

No joke, man. Winning a baseball state championship in Texas is such an impressive feat. In my opinion, it is the most difficult title to claim in high school sports.

• Like 1

W12 North Dallas (14-9) vs R9 Aubrey (26-4) 
W11 Godley (21-9) VS T9 Anna (19-7)

W16 Bullard (22-6) VS R13 Sunnyvale (17-8-1) 
W15 Texarkana Liberty Eylau (21-6-2) VS T13 Kaufman (17-10-1)

F9 Melissa (18-10-1) vs R11 Alvarado (14-12) 
W9 Celina (24-7) VS T11 Waxahachie Life (10-12-3)

W14 Canton (24-4) VS R15 Texarkana Pleasant Grove (22-6)
W13 Caddo Mills (18-8) VS R16 Longview Spring Hill (20-7) 

1 minute ago, Jerryhawk111 said:

W12 North Dallas (14-9) vs R9 Aubrey (26-4) 
W11 Godley (21-9) VS T9 Anna (19-7)

W16 Bullard (22-6) VS R13 Sunnyvale (17-8-1) 
W15 Texarkana Liberty Eylau (21-6-2) VS T13 Kaufman (17-10-1)

F9 Melissa (18-10-1) vs R11 Alvarado (14-12) 
W9 Celina (24-7) VS T11 Waxahachie Life (10-12-3)

W14 Canton (24-4) VS R15 Texarkana Pleasant Grove (22-6)
W13 Caddo Mills (18-8) VS R16 Longview Spring Hill (20-7) 

How good is Kaufman and Canton? Expect them to beat the Texarkana schools or TxK moving on?

1 hour ago, ronnyham said:

How good is Kaufman and Canton? Expect them to beat the Texarkana schools or TxK moving on?

From how both teams have been in the past. They will be decent opponents but I expect LE and PG to move on. 

both tend to benefit from weaker districts

i could be wrong though since i havent seen either play, but thats how theyve been in the past

• Like 1