Lk

Swole1993

Well from what it looks like, the new AD is making some big changes. New Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Baseball, and Track Coaches. Could be a good thing if he came in and did not see what he liked or he is bringing in his own guys and needed those positions. Very surprised supt let him make that many changes. Normally only the big schools gets to make changes that extreme.

20 minutes ago, RW2008 said:

Well from what it looks like, the new AD is making some big changes. New Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Baseball, and Track Coaches. Could be a good thing if he came in and did not see what he liked or he is bringing in his own guys and needed those positions. Very surprised supt let him make that many changes. Normally only the big schools gets to make changes that extreme.

Especially in baseball. Roberts has had a ton of recent success. 

22 minutes ago, RW2008 said:

People are probably just leaving.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

That very well could be true. Normally that is because of the changes the AD made. I know for a fact the Boys Basketball got reassigned. Baseball with the success he has had, I would assume he is probably just leaving. Either way, there is big change happening in LK.

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

All reassignments from what I've heard, even Roberts. New guy must have some people or he's going to be in trouble trying to find that many quality coaches to go to LK. 

4 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

All reassignments from what I've heard, even Roberts. New guy must have some people or he's going to be in trouble trying to find that many quality coaches to go to LK. 

That and he will be in a bind to have classroom spots for those new people too if none of the old guys are leaving.

17 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

That and he will be in a bind to have classroom spots for those new people too if none of the old guys are leaving.

Old guys should have to leave because of contract. Coaches are on a Dual Contract. They cannot do one and not the other. Once reassigned they will not get contract to teach for next year. Bigger districts get away with it because they need teachers but most small districts once coach reassigned from coaching they have to leave teaching position as well.

9 hours ago, RW2008 said:

Old guys should have to leave because of contract. Coaches are on a Dual Contract. They cannot do one and not the other. Once reassigned they will not get contract to teach for next year. Bigger districts get away with it because they need teachers but most small districts once coach reassigned from coaching they have to leave teaching position as well.

If they signed a contract the district has to honor that at least from a salary perspective as a teacher. They can make him be a midnight janitor, but have to pay him as a teacher on their step. Can’t touch their pay.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nationalpastime said:

No, they should have offered the whole ranch to Daniel Swaim.  The guy wins at every level he's played and coached.

Truer words have never been spoken. Why don't more people realize this. Just plain stupid. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sportzguy585 said:

If they signed a contract the district has to honor that at least from a salary perspective as a teacher. They can make him be a midnight janitor, but have to pay him as a teacher on their step. Can’t touch their pay.

Yes. All I was saying is about the classroom. This is also why they need to hire sooner so if a new AD/HFC comes in these coaches do not sign a contract unless they want and the AD can bring in who they want. That or the Supt needs to say you can only bring 1-2 coaches. This hurts a lot of people.

17 minutes ago, RW2008 said:

Yes. All I was saying is about the classroom. This is also why they need to hire sooner so if a new AD/HFC comes in these coaches do not sign a contract unless they want and the AD can bring in who they want. That or the Supt needs to say you can only bring 1-2 coaches. This hurts a lot of people.

Hiring sooner would make sense.  It's all a dog and pony show unfortunately.  Here's a break down of what I really hear when I see schools drag their feet on making a hire.  I've also inputted interpretations of the other garbage they say to try and save face.

"We did our research and even though it took us longer to make our decision we know that we can sleep better at night."  False.  You didn't do your research.  You went with the one candidate that "most" of the people in the probably 12+ person hiring committee didn't argue about the most.

"We searched high and low for the best candidate possible."  False.  You got what you got applicant wise and either a majority couldn't agree or there's too many chefs and not enough cooks making decisions.

"We found the guy that is going to best fit the kids."  False.  You offered the guy most like you and your feelings.

"This is THE PERSON that will get this ship turned around!"  False, again.  Unless the community makes attempts at making the school better instead of making sure their name has standing in the community it will remain a cesspool. 

"We had a ton of great applicants and were torn on the decision."  False...to an extent...I'm sure they have great applicants every 3-4 years this place is open but probably go with the person that's going to make the less waves.

• Like 3