Biden canceled Keystone Pipeline, now his Energy secretary says 'pipe is the best way' to transport fuel

RETIREDFAN1

“We have doubled down on ensuring that there’s an ability to truck oil in, gas in, but it’s -- the pipe is the best way to go,” Granholm said.

She said it all--actually told the truth, but I am sure she will get a rear end chewing out for saying it. 

Just now, DaveTV1 said:

This is why I don't understand why gas prices keep rising in Texas.  All of that gasoline was stuck in Houston, and there should have been a surplus of gas here.  

Because it is not fair for other states to pay a higher price and Texans not to. Another reason to #Texit. 

18 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Because it is not fair for other states to pay a higher price and Texans not to. Another reason to #Texit. 

I don't care if it's fair or not.  If we produce more beef, we should pay less for steaks.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

Some states don’t want wells drilled off their coasts; let them pay Gulf coast states for finding & producing oil.

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

This is why I don't understand why gas prices keep rising in Texas.  All of that gasoline was stuck in Houston, and there should have been a surplus of gas here.  

Never saw a shortage in Ft Worth... Prices have been at $2.80-$2.90 for a few weeks now.  I’m sure Biden will do something to #### it up and make it soar to $3.50 this summer

13 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I don't care if it's fair or not.  If we produce more beef, we should pay less for steaks.  

Now you have me thinking about steak. Leona General Store serves up the best ribeye I have ever eaten...but it sure is in the middle of no where.

14 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Commodities market, I would suspect. Commodities brokers drove the price up, which affected the price nationwide.

19 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Never saw a shortage in Ft Worth... Prices have been at $2.80-$2.90 for a few weeks now.  I’m sure Biden will do something to #### it up and make it soar to $3.50 this summer

We shouldn't experience a shortage, because the gas is here in Texas.  What I don't understand is before the 90's were were able to pump gas and oil through pipelines without computers.  Why the need for them now ?  I saw they paid the hackers $5 million, but if they would have been paying them to keep them going as they did in the past they wouldn't have that problem.  Now these hackers can just keep going to the well so to speak whenever they need money.  Unless they get busted.  If you saw the movie "Catch Me if You Can" based on Frank Abagnale he only spent roughly 5 years of prison time in France, Sweden, and the U.S. before going to work for the Federal Government.  

1 minute ago, DaveTV1 said:

We shouldn't experience a shortage, because the gas is here in Texas.  What I don't understand is before the 90's were were able to pump gas and oil through pipelines without computers.  Why the need for them now ?  I saw they paid the hackers $5 million, but if they would have been paying them to keep them going as they did in the past they wouldn't have that problem.  Now these hackers can just keep going to the well so to speak whenever they need money.  Unless they get busted.  If you saw the movie "Catch Me if You Can" based on Frank Abagnale he only spent roughly 5 years of prison time in France, Sweden, and the U.S. before going to work for the Federal Government.  

This ransomware hacker group is disbanding after their $5m payment.  But, you aren’t wrong.

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

This ransomware hacker group is disbanding after their $5m payment.  But, you aren’t wrong.

I'm not laughing at you, but that the hacker group is disbanding. Sure they are.  They're just retreating and will return again.   

Just now, DaveTV1 said:

I'm not laughing at you, but that the hacker group is disbanding. Sure they are.  They're just retreating and will return again.   

They are probably taking their money to start new groups.  A lot like the terrorists in the Middle East.  Kill the leader of the big group, 10 small groups form from it.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Now you have me thinking about steak. Leona General Store serves up the best ribeye I have ever eaten...but it sure is in the middle of no where.

My brother was stationed in Alaska for a year, and my niece taught school there and the price for bread, fruits, milk, and beef was expensive, because they have to have all of those items imported.  

3 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

My brother was stationed in Alaska for a year, and my niece taught school there and the price for bread, fruits, milk, and beef was expensive, because they have to have all of those items imported.  

Yep.  They have to fly all Of it in.  It’s crazy

On 5/13/2021 at 8:08 PM, DaveTV1 said:

It's the same reason consumers pay $1,500 to 2,000 for shipping and destination charges per vehicle in cities and states with auto plants that build those same vehicles.  When I worked for General Motors in Shreveport you could go to any Chevy dealer in town and look at where all the S10, GMC and Isuzu trucks in their lots were manufactured ... none from the Shreveport plant and all had shipping and destination charges on the invoice .... brilliant way to stick it to the consumer ....

8 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

It's the same reason consumers pay $1,500 to 2,000 for shipping and destination charges per vehicle in cities and states with auto plants that build those same vehicles.  When I worked for General Motors in Shreveport you could go to any Chevy dealer in town and look at where all the S10, GMC and Isuzu trucks in their lots were manufactured ... none from the Shreveport plant and all had shipping and destination charges on the invoice .... brilliant way to stick it to the consumer ....

I would have told them I'd go to Texas to buy if they didn't take it off.  I don't know if it's still cheaper to buy a car in Louisiana vs. Texas anymore, but I know it was in the 80's.