The Six Most Overused Logos and Helmet Decals in High School Sports

Valhalla

5 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

https://footballscoop.com/news/the-6-most-overused-logos-and-helmet-decals-in-high-school-sports/

I saw this on Twitter and thought it was interesting.

Several schools in this area would fall on this list lol.

I nominate the Rockin' L as the most stolen logo that was designed by a high school student. 

Lookin' at you, Lampasas ISD and Lehman High.  :angry:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, LOL said:

I nominate the Rockin' L as the most stolen logo that was designed by a high school student. 

They better be putting major money in LV's pocket for using it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LOL said:

Lehman changed theirs.

LehmanHS_MascotWithInitial.jpg

• Like 1

When you don't have your own clout just steal someone else's. 

It's like I always say: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. –Wayne Gretzky –Michael Scott." –Me 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Valhalla said:

https://footballscoop.com/news/the-6-most-overused-logos-and-helmet-decals-in-high-school-sports/

I saw this on Twitter and thought it was interesting.

Several schools in this area would fall on this list lol.

Getting back on topic...  I think the "wicked H" and the "Oregon wings" logos are the most recent cliches that I see all over the place. 

I really like the Indian headdress decal that Jacksonville uses, and I've only seen a few teams with it. But I expect that to soon become as ubiquitous as the Seminoles spear. 

56 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Ain't too many teams that aren't on this list.  

Guess we all need to hire a marketing firm to design us a logo!

Always loved that famous Carthage catcher Johnny Bench.  ;) 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

Ain’t many like this in these parts. 

7AE87A94-A792-423C-AB98-D0DD2C2B7E76.jpeg

I liked that front-facing Dodge Ram logo y'all used to have. It was a unique look. 

This one's cool too, certainly iconic, but with the other logo I could honestly say Joaquin was the only school I'd ever seen with it. 

On 5/21/2021 at 6:26 PM, LOL said:

I liked that front-facing Dodge Ram logo y'all used to have. It was a unique look. 

This one's cool too, certainly iconic, but with the other logo I could honestly say Joaquin was the only school I'd ever seen with it. 

It was pretty unique, but I alike the blue horns on the white helmet. Paired up with our traditional no-nonsense unis, it’s a pretty clean look, 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2021 at 6:26 PM, LOL said:

Wayne Gandy was the man! "Dodge this" was what he would tell people when he was asked for why he did the helmets like that. 

18 minutes ago, ScrappyDappyDoo said:

Wayne Gandy was the man! "Dodge this" was what he would tell people when he was asked for why he did the helmets like that. 

It's a unique look, for sure. But I agree the classic "ram horn" look is far more iconic. After all: it's *literally* the first helmet logo in football history.