State baseball tournament

19 minutes ago, bordertown said:

Rusk got runners on 1b & 2b with out out in 7th. Batter lines out to 1b who double out the runner on 1b.

PG 2 Rusk 1

congrats to both teams on great seasons.

Final ?? Just checking in  ?

8 hours ago, ronstopable said:

If BSD is predicting PG big then Rusk is in great shape. 
BSD quote,

“I think there is 1 really good team left with a couple just behind them.   CC Calallen is probably the best with Argyle and  Sinton not far behind.   Sinton plays CC in the regional final.   I don’t think reg 3 is much.   Rusk #1 guy is good but that’s it.   Region 2 plays about the same.    No team is great,  just 4 that are very similar. “

Pretty good assumption on my part.  Rusk got 1 hit today against 2 pitchers from PG that are very avg at best.   Region 3 not much and region 4 is pretty good with CC and Sinton.   Not sure how Stephenville got there with what I saw from them.   Oh yes did I mention PG beat rusk with a 1 hitter...LOL.    PG didn’t swing it great tonight but hit plenty of balls on the nose that would have left most yards.  Think they ended up with 7 hits.

2 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Very good Championship game so far. I wonder what this game would be if Rusk was pitching their ace.

If Rusk ace pitches nobody at the 4a level scoring many.   He was 87-90 last night and a good Sinton team was overmatched.  

6 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

If Rusk ace pitches nobody at the 4a level scoring many.   He was 87-90 last night and a good Sinton team was overmatched.  

O I believe ya. Heck it was a very good game with their second pitcher both teams looked evenly matched to me. 

13 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

Pretty good assumption on my part.  Rusk got 1 hit today against 2 pitchers from PG that are very avg at best.   Region 3 not much and region 4 is pretty good with CC and Sinton.   Not sure how Stephenville got there with what I saw from them.   Oh yes did I mention PG beat rusk with a 1 hitter...LOL.    PG didn’t swing it great tonight but hit plenty of balls on the nose that would have left most yards.  Think they ended up with 7 hits.

I wonder if Rusk was just nervous throughout the game or was the PG pitcher just that good for Rusk to only have one hit.

7 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Well you guys had a great season......

New Deal made the plays they needed to make. They pounded the balls into the alleys and open spaces. Our guys hit the ball hard but right at the defenders for the most part the entire game.  That's the breaks. The first game really took a tole physically and mentally and we had to use both our starting pitchers the first day.  That was a killer even though our third pitcher pitched a pretty good game considering the circumstances he was placed in.  It was a great season, they all should be proud. State runner up is still quite an accomplishment  ....

On 6/7/2021 at 2:01 PM, Hookemhorns88 said:

Interesting note:

Barbers Hill and Hallsville also had their softball teams repped at State too.  The Barbers Hill girls beat Hallsville and went on to win state.  Hopefully the Hallsville boys will win and then potentially have a bit of a revenge game for the Ladycats should Barbers Hill win their game as well.  A nice setup for a Championship game.

Looks like the Hallsville boys will have a chance to exact some revenge for the Hallsville girl's team as Barbers Hill won their semi game too.