UPDATE: UIL to allow Friday night streaming

Matt

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

I doubt anyone will do our games this year. No one ever wants to step up when needed. 

What kinda marketing/community relations people they have over there? Shouldn't be too difficult to coordinate. 

• Like 1

Wow, this is awesome!

Nothing will ever beat seeing the games in person, but for those of us who can't make it to the games, this is a wonderful way to stay connected, watch some good football, and support the kids and community. Wins all around, in my opinion. Texas forever!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I remember as a very young kid,  like maybe 4th grade young,  wishing that I could watch the Bulldogs on tv when I couldn't make it to the games.  It's pretty awesome to see that that wish has finally been granted.

• Like 2

We have a problem in Argyle with seating at home games.......esp. on Homecoming Night and Senior Night.  They did move the band and drill team to endzone seats, so that has made more room for the fans on the Argyle side.  I really don't like traveling too far to out of town games either.  IF the game is around the metroplex, then that's Ok.  But sometimes Argyle has a hard time scheduling predistrict games and then there is a travel deal involved.  They also make the playoffs every year......so that involves alot of travel in those rounds too.  And Argyle Broadcasting has a great team that does better broadcasts than Texan Live.......not just the announcing, but the video as well.  So what's not to like?  😎

12 hours ago, regaleagle said:

We have a problem in Argyle with seating at home games.......esp. on Homecoming Night and Senior Night.  They did move the band and drill team to endzone seats, so that has made more room for the fans on the Argyle side.  I really don't like traveling too far to out of town games either.  IF the game is around the metroplex, then that's Ok.  But sometimes Argyle has a hard time scheduling predistrict games and then there is a travel deal involved.  They also make the playoffs every year......so that involves alot of travel in those rounds too.  And Argyle Broadcasting has a great team that does better broadcasts than Texan Live.......not just the announcing, but the video as well.  So what's not to like?  😎

Exactly! 👍🏻👏

I love going to the games but I'm getting older and don't see good to drive at night, plus those far away out of town games are tough to make sometimes since I'm still working. I'm hoping they sell the home game reserved seats this year and I'll just go to them and stream the away games. I'd be glad to pay for a ticket either way.

• Like 1

I love going to games.  Love traveling to different stadiums.  Can't beat being there in person.  But lets be real, we all have other responsibilities.  Sometimes it isn't feasible to get off work in time to drive to an away game.  Plus I have kids involved in other activities which sometimes requires us to be elsewhere on Friday nights.  I don't really see this as something that will really affect attendance.  Most people who are gonna watch from home weren't gonna go to begin with.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

I love going to games.  Love traveling to different stadiums.  Can't beat being there in person.  But lets be real, we all have other responsibilities.  Sometimes it isn't feasible to get off work in time to drive to an away game.  Plus I have kids involved in other activities which sometimes requires us to be elsewhere on Friday nights.  I don't really see this as something that will really affect attendance.  Most people who are gonna watch from home weren't gonna go to begin with.

True.  For me the best part about last year was having the option to tune into “that game” that everyone was taking about on here or FSSW.  Tied up going into OT with a district title on the line……..Getting to see the action live on my phone vs seeing delayed updates was just a better experience all the way around.  I got to see over a dozen teams last year that I otherwise would have never watched.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

True.  For me the best part about last year was having the option to tune into “that game” that everyone was taking about on here or FSSW.  Tied up going into OT with a district title on the line……..Getting to see the action live on my phone vs seeing delayed updates was just a better experience all the way around.  I got to see over a dozen teams last year that I otherwise would have never watched.

EXACTLY. I watched more games from other teams besides the school I follow than I ever have before.  Games I would never have gotten to watch or be exposed to otherwise.  It's only good IMO for everyone.  

• Like 2