Tyler SQT pools

CUJONATION83

Longview was missing two players today. One was the senior LB. With all the recruiting and camps these players are going through they look pretty good. Remember, there is alot youth on this team. It's going to be fun to watch. One quarterback looked a little sharper than the other today.

• Like 3

Just now, Lobo1111 said:

Longview was missing two players today. One was the senior LB. With all the recruiting and camps these players are going through they look pretty good. Remember, there is alot youth on this team. It's going to be fun to watch. One quarterback looked a little sharper than the other today.

Yeah....I mentioned on the other board that the '24 class stepped up big time. Much of the other top end talent is in the '23 class like Hale and Wright so yeah...plenty of youth. Nearly qualified for state with it too.

You're right, no Buddha Garrett (another '24) or Devean Isaac today on defense. Didn't see our TE duo either.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 2:20 PM, Lobo1111 said:

We were talking to coach about that on the way over to the semi final. You’re completely right with how young they are. 

We’ll be fine for sure, that Whitehouse game really is a growing type of experience I feel. 

I made no qualms about it that I think Thomas should be starting, and still believe that to be the case today. 

Excited for the fall to get here. Today wasn't crisp or clean by any imagination but I really feel we have an extremely solid chance to make some noise in November and December.

• Like 1

It’s a little weird to be how different the start dates are for teams in 7 on 7. 

Marshall and Longview both started this week. 

I don’t know when Nac started… but they were in the Belton tourney last weekend before today. 

I think this was Greenville’s third tourney.  That puts them almost a month ahead. 

Well…. I’ll take a 2-1 start after just a few days to prepare.  Both of our wins were convincing  and our loss was a close one to a team that ultimately advanced.

Hearing good things about our QB situation.  That’s going to continue to improve with more snaps  

I’m pleased early on. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

Nac won the coin toss with Wylie East to take 1st at the SQT. Happy for these young men. Nac has not participated in 7 on 7 very long and this was the 2nd tourney this year. They host a tourney next week. 

Glad to see Nac bring back 7 on 7 it will pay off come the fall. 

6 hours ago, Lobo1111 said:

Which QB looked better today 

1 minute ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Yea I guess thats understandable since he’s ur returning starter 

I only said that because I dont think we saw Thomas enough to adequately answer your question.

Thomas was the better of the two during spring ball though, and especially the spring game IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

I only said that because I dont think we saw Thomas enough to adequately answer your question.

Thomas was the better of the two during spring ball though, and especially the spring game IMO.

I still thought he was the better of the two yesterday even in the small action he did get.

• Like 2