Fawns Everywhere ...

KirtFalcon

Well, I was mowing my front yard and, as always, I mow a 60" strip outside my fence.  There was a fawn laying in the grass almost under the fence.  

The next day I decided to do some Bush hogging from my house to the pond and around the barn.  I don't have any cows in the front 35 acres because I am rebuilding the fences and the grass is pretty high.  I was just creeping along in 1st gear and I saw two more fawns.  Luckily I didn't mow over them.  No telling how many more are out in the pasture hiding in the tall grass ... I stopped the bush hogging after only making one round ... I have seen as many as 17 does and yearlings around the pond lately ....

• 2 months later...
On 6/15/2021 at 9:29 AM, KirtFalcon said:

Well, I was mowing my front yard and, as always, I mow a 60" strip outside my fence.  There was a fawn laying in the grass almost under the fence.  

The next day I decided to do some Bush hogging from my house to the pond and around the barn.  I don't have any cows in the front 35 acres because I am rebuilding the fences and the grass is pretty high.  I was just creeping along in 1st gear and I saw two more fawns.  Luckily I didn't mow over them.  No telling how many more are out in the pasture hiding in the tall grass ... I stopped the bush hogging after only making one round ... I have seen as many as 17 does and yearlings around the pond lately ....

Free meat, time to thin the herd