Dave Campbell 2021 2A D1 top 10

lionpride08

6 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

19 of the 55 listed on the state title game roster were seniors

Maxpreps shows QB is gone, leading rusher is back but the next three are gone, top two receivers gone and 9 of top 13 tacklers

Yikes, that’ll do it.

I was shocked to not see them in it either. I wonder what their JV was like last year.

8 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

19 of the 55 listed on the state title game roster were seniors

Maxpreps shows QB is gone, leading rusher is back but the next three are gone, top two receivers gone and 9 of top 13 tacklers

Oooooffffff. Good reason to NOT be in the top 10. Canadian might be in the same boat!

1 hour ago, Airitout1 said:

I think we are a top 4 team, but will be young. However, we will have the biggest line I can remember, and more speed. 

I think it should be Franklin/Gunter at 1 and 2, Canadian 3, Waskom 4. 

You hit the nail on the head with the top 4

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

You hit the nail on the head with the top 4

No joke! Childress should be solid as well, but they tend to fold in big games. Should be a fun year. 

Like I said, we are young. However, I have all the faith in the world in our coaches and the talent is there!

17 minutes ago, Airitout1 said:

No joke! Childress should be solid as well, but they tend to fold in big games. Should be a fun year. 

Like I said, we are young. However, I have all the faith in the world in our coaches and the talent is there!

We return the house and have some studs coming up as well. Mark Fannin is doing a fine job coaching next year is his 2nd year to get his system moving which we had few hiccups last year

5 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

We return the house and have some studs coming up as well. Mark Fannin is doing a fine job coaching next year is his 2nd year to get his system moving which we had few hiccups last year

Had you and Gunter sharing 1/2 for a reason!!!!

17 minutes ago, hunter92 said:

They may have the best running back in our region and he is only a sophomore.

And their QB is a load running the ball.  Tim Tebow-ish.  He is a Sr.  Very nice 1-2 punch at the 2A level.  If their OL can block a little bit Beckville will be tough to stop offensively.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Beckville should be ranked in the top 10. They bring back almost everyone from a regional finalist team. 

Hard to throw them in the top 10 when their region faired so poorly. Beckville gets beat 55-14 in regional by Timpson, then Shiner beat Timpson 49-7. Just doesn't look like a very stout region. 

Edit: With that being said, Lindsay is #10 so I can see them sneaking in possibly. 

2 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

You really think that? They got blown out by canadian last year..

As someone who has watched Gunter extensively since this run started five years ago, I think their runner-up team in 2017 has been the best of the group. Just because you don't finish with a title doesn't mean it can't be better than teams that do.

Every year is different -- I do think the 2021 version will be in the discussion talent-wise. There were a lot of freshmen and sophomores on the field and they only lost three seniors total off the roster.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

As someone who has watched Gunter extensively since this run started five years ago, I think their runner-up team in 2017 has been the best of the group. Just because you don't finish with a title doesn't mean it can't be better than teams that do.

Every year is different -- I do think the 2021 version will be in the discussion talent-wise. There were a lot of freshmen and sophomores on the field and they only lost three seniors total off the roster.

I agree with you dont have to finish with a title or runner up to think they are the best team in school history. I believed the 2018 team that lost to grandview in the 3rd round was better then the 2015 state finalists. Had we been in 3ad2 and not d1 I believe we could have given newton or canadian a game. Had 6 shut outs that year and lost to the d1 champs by 3. I now believe that last year's team is the best team we have fielded