3. Gladewater

4. Tatum

5. Malakoff

6. Industrial

7. Grandview

8. Lorena

9. Pilot Point

10. Hallettsville

My Top 10 (released a while back on Facebook)

1. Jim Ned

2. Brock

3. Malakoff

4. Columbus

5. Hallettsville

6. Grandview

7. Gladewater

8. Lorena

9. Yoakum

10. Pilot Point

Note: I have Industrial at 11 and Tatum at 12.  

I think the top 2 in this poll were obvious coming into the season.  Those were going to be your top two teams, no questions asked.  The only major difference is Columbus.  I think they have a good shot at winning that district this year, and if they do can represent region III and potentially play for a state title.  Yoakum will also be a player.  

Guest Tiger03lb

This is my opinion, 

I really don't think that koff is a top 5 team this year. It's nice seeing that we are that high, but there's a lot of holes to fill on offense. A lot of key players lost to graduation. We'll be good on defense, we only have a few holes to fill in. Guess we'll find out when GV comes to tiger stadium first game of the season. 

3 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

This is my opinion, 

I really don't think that koff is a top 5 team this year. It's nice seeing that we are that high, but there's a lot of holes to fill on offense. A lot of key players lost to graduation. We'll be good on defense, we only have a few holes to fill in. Guess we'll find out when GV comes to tiger stadium first game of the season. 

Sub-varsity programs still winning as usual?  This is the only info I don't have for my poll that I wish I had access to.  

Guest Tiger03lb
Just now, Yoe09 said:

Sub-varsity programs still winning as usual?  This is the only info I don't have for my poll that I wish I had access to.  

Yes sir. JV and 8th teams did well last year. We'll reload as usual. Biggest question is qb. Don't know if Driskell's son will take over at qb or leave him at wr. We've been blessed with 6 years at qb. Driskell usually gets the most out of all the players. How long do you think Yoe will take to turn around?

Guest Tiger03lb
2 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Well Tatum is young this year so we will see.

Let's hope none of the basketball team starts playing football. We'll be in for a long season. 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 minute ago, GWBears01 said:

Probably not. I’m hearing some really good things 😊. Will be another fun game but definitely more fun for the Bears 😊 

Reserve me a seat sir. Lol

2 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Yes sir. JV and 8th teams did well last year. We'll reload as usual. Biggest question is qb. Don't know if Driskell's son will take over at qb or leave him at wr. We've been blessed with 6 years at qb. Driskell usually gets the most out of all the players. How long do you think Yoe will take to turn around?

Got ya.  I've seen all of those QBs in person, and you would be correct there.  I managed to watch Malakoff in 6 different baseball games this year, and saw the Driskell kid pitch twice.  Little undersized but I'm sure he's a competitor.  

Guest Tiger03lb
1 minute ago, Yoe09 said:

Got ya.  I've seen all of those QBs in person, and you would be correct there.  I managed to watch Malakoff in 6 different baseball games this year, and saw the Driskell kid pitch twice.  Little undersized but I'm sure he's a competitor.  

That's about the only thing that holds him back but when he runs, he's quick and finds whatever hole possible. So I guess that helps. Lol. You are correct. 

37 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens in Cameron.  In all his years as head coach in Cameron, Rhoades lost to schools in the playoffs:

Daingerfield - 2010 - state - great game 

Tatum - 2011 - area - Tatum went to the semis - both teams were better the year before. 

Brock - 2015 - state - The late Traion Smith broke his leg right before half.  

The talent is there to win, make no question about it.  It may take a year to get everything back in the right direction, but this program is going to win football games moving forward.  

2 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

What gives the edge to GW over Tatum so far? 

Not sure we have an edge. Not even sure why DCTF has us at #3. 

With what I'm hearing I'm optimistic, but there's still questions. I'm sure by the time we get to the Tatum game we'll know more about both teams.

6 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

What gives the edge to GW over Tatum so far? 

Honest truth is that both teams will be very talented. Both have holes to fill but I would say we do have a slight mental advantage since this group of kids has never lost to Tatum. If Castles can fix the defense we can live up to our ranking. If the defense doesn’t get fixed we will be once again be looking to just out score everyone. That usually isn’t a good recipe come playoff time as we learned last season.