3A DI DCTF & My Top 10 Comparison/Thoughts

Yoe09

21 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

If it helps, I don't know why we are at #5. Lol.

You guys got a hell of a pre-district schedule, just like we do. Just hope y'all make it injury free. 

Yeah, the defense got exposed that first round. If GW can get the defense turned around watch out 👀

Non district will be telling.  You hit the nail on the head. Injury free and defense. 

1 hour ago, Golfingnut said:

Non district will be telling.  You hit the nail on the head. Injury free and defense. 

Non district will be tough. If we were to lose more than we win it wouldn’t even be a surprise considering who we play. They just need to fix the defense and gel around a new Qb before district. The rankings never mean anything until the end of the season anyway. 

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, GWBears01 said:

Non district will be tough. If we were to lose more than we win it wouldn’t even be a surprise considering who we play. They just need to fix the defense and gel around a new Qb before district. The rankings never mean anything until the end of the season anyway. 

How does the rest of the district look? WO gonna take 3rd again or will Atl get back on track and make it interesting again? 

10 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

How does the rest of the district look? WO gonna take 3rd again or will Atl get back on track and make it interesting again? 

Not sure what ATL has coming back. IMO they’ve had more talent than their record has shown the last few years. White Oak was a surprise last year and I think most of their kids return. I don’t think they can knock off us or Tatum but if either team sleeps on them it may get interesting. Sabine is a wild card. They fell off sharply after losing their Qb. I didn’t expect them to fall that hard and fast because the Burns kid is talented. They may step back into the playoff picture this year if they get off to a good start. 

12 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

New coaching staff. It will be interesting for sure. Hearing good things though right now. Atlanta back to playing 7 on 7. I haven't seen that since 2014. I don't expect a turnaround in a year, but I do think we should see some improvement. 

I'm excited to be honest. The coaches they hired I've been nothing but impressed with over the past few years. The only one I truly don't know much about is the HC. 

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

New coaching staff. It will be interesting for sure. Hearing good things though right now. Atlanta back to playing 7 on 7. I haven't seen that since 2014. I don't expect a turnaround in a year, but I do think we should see some improvement. 

I'm excited to be honest. The coaches they hired I've been nothing but impressed with over the past few years. The only one I truly don't know much about is the HC. 

The rabbits always scare me, especially in Atlanta. One great thing is I get to eat at the Rabbit Patch again. Well, that is if they are still open.

1 hour ago, Golfingnut said:

The rabbits always scare me, especially in Atlanta. One great thing is I get to eat at the Rabbit Patch again. Well, that is if they are still open.

They're still open. Hopefully this year they'll get back to their late night football night hours. They used to stay open till like 10 or 11 for people leaving the football games, but they didn't do it last year. 

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb
3 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Good to hear. 

On 6/20/2021 at 9:39 PM, Tiger03lb said:

I don’t know what to expect from us. We won’t ever have much speed, but we got some talented kids. 

On 6/17/2021 at 2:06 PM, Tiger03lb said:

Yes sir. JV and 8th teams did well last year. We'll reload as usual. Biggest question is qb. Don't know if Driskell's son will take over at qb or leave him at wr. We've been blessed with 6 years at qb. Driskell usually gets the most out of all the players. How long do you think Yoe will take to turn around?

TIGER YALL ARE GONNA BE IN FOR A SHOCK THAT SCRIMMAGE LOL.....

Guest Tiger03lb
4 hours ago, maxjean said:

TIGER YALL ARE GONNA BE IN FOR A SHOCK THAT SCRIMMAGE LOL.....

Nothing shocks me anymore when it comes to Crockett. Maybe we'll be able to finish a scrimmage this year. Y'all still sore from last season? 

On 6/25/2021 at 6:50 PM, Tiger03lb said:

Nothing shocks me anymore when it comes to Crockett. Maybe we'll be able to finish a scrimmage this year. Y'all still sore from last season? 

When is that scrimmage? We scrimmage Crockett as well? Could it be a 3 way scrimmage?

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

When is that scrimmage? We scrimmage Crockett as well? Could it be a 3 way scrimmage?

Aug. 19th at tiger stadium. On a Thursday. It'll be our 2nd scrimmage 

On 6/17/2021 at 2:42 PM, Yoe09 said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens in Cameron.  In all his years as head coach in Cameron, Rhoades lost to schools in the playoffs:

Daingerfield - 2010 - state - great game 

Tatum - 2011 - area - Tatum went to the semis - both teams were better the year before. 

Brock - 2015 - state - The late Traion Smith broke his leg right before half.  

The talent is there to win, make no question about it.  It may take a year to get everything back in the right direction, but this program is going to win football games moving forward.  

Depends on the staff Rhoades puts together and the desire of the players. We'll know what's up for this season by 9:45pm Sep 10.

On 6/20/2021 at 6:31 PM, lionpride08 said:

Idk about winning district but they will be much improved. I Believe Lorena takes district they bring back alot i think 10O/8D

Last year 28 to 20 Lorena if I am correct.  Yoe fans   saw  the previous staff as inadequate, they played a ton of sophomores though.  Now  Yoe has a new staff.  I will stay out on the limb. District champs and State semifinals.   Will have some losses in non-district games. Just a opinion. Need to get some Yoe insiders to make their predictions.

16 minutes ago, bulldogs99 said:

Last year 28 to 20 Lorena if I am correct.  Yoe fans   saw  the previous staff as inadequate, they played a ton of sophomores though.  Now  Yoe has a new staff.  I will stay out on the limb. District champs and State semifinals.   Will have some losses in non-district games. Just a opinion. Need to get some Yoe insiders to make their predictions.

They could very well win district and the region... The region is wide open imo. I just think the yoe are a year away from being yoe of past

7 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

For the Yoemen to even sniff the district crown, they are going to have to get some consistency on the offensive line.  That never existed last season.

The second thing is they are going to have to develop a QB. 
Last years starter moved over to Rosebud-Lott.  The new QB could be a sophomore.  Which spells inexperience and growing pains. 
The Yoemen are going to be solid in the backfield and out on the edges especially with Hemphill returning.  This young man is capable of playing any of the skill positions. 
As far as the defense goes, it cannot be any worse then it was last season.  I believe this will be where you’ll see the most growth made as a unit. 
My feelings, the Yoemen are a year away from  a deep playoff run. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yoenation79 said:

For the Yoemen to even sniff the district crown, they are going to have to get some consistency on the offensive line.  That never existed last season.

Last years starter moved over to Rosebud-Lott.  The new QB could be a sophomore.  Which spells inexperience and growing pains. 
The Yoemen are going to be solid in the backfield and out on the edges especially with Hemphill returning.  This young man is capable of playing any of the skill positions. 
As far as the defense goes, it cannot be any worse then it was last season.  I believe this will be where you’ll see the most growth made as a unit. 

A year away is my thoughts as well

3 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

There will be growing pains early with either Muniz or Drake, non-district games are there to get the QB right.

As for as the OL maybe  they  got the coach they needed, hope they have the talent.

They may be a year away.  If I recall Reid Nickerson loss to Rockdale his first year as a starter and came back and beat the Tigers in the playoffs later that season. Muniz and Drake need to keep working hard and good things may happen.

Thanks for your opinion I imagine you are a bit closer to the program than I am. I have been told by a couple Cameron folks that Drake is going to be the man.

Tatum, GW, and WO are my Top 3...NB and Sabine are the for sure wild cards. Sabine has the talent to compete, but depth could be a problem. The biggest take away for me with Sabine, the scheme on both sides of the ball MUST change. The coaches must SCHEME to their personnel, not PERSONNEL to their scheme. It's called thinking/coaching outside their small box. 

13 minutes ago, FootballETX95 said:

Tatum, GW, and WO are my Top 3...NB and Sabine are the for sure wild cards. Sabine has the talent to compete, but depth could be a problem. The biggest take away for me with Sabine, the scheme on both sides of the ball MUST change. The coaches must SCHEME to their personnel, not PERSONNEL to their scheme. It's called thinking/coaching outside their small box. 

Where does ATL fall in your predictions?