3A DI DCTF & My Top 10 Comparison/Thoughts

Yoe09

Who will be GW's QB is the big question. Seen both QB's (minus the stud Lewis kid) and both seemed to struggle in a 7on7 setting last week. Grant it the DUDE (Allen) wasn't there. I'll be GW vs Tatum in WK1 of district is gonna be a battle, but I'm taking Tatum. All skilled players are back for them and all were studs last year. For sure will be in attendance. Good luck to all this year! 

35 minutes ago, FootballETX95 said:

Who will be GW's QB is the big question. Seen both QB's (minus the stud Lewis kid) and both seemed to struggle in a 7on7 setting last week. Grant it the DUDE (Allen) wasn't there. I'll be GW vs Tatum in WK1 of district is gonna be a battle, but I'm taking Tatum. All skilled players are back for them and all were studs last year. For sure will be in attendance. Good luck to all this year! 

Not sure you can say all their skills are back. They graduated Allison who was a big part of what they did. They still have plenty coming back but they definitely lost some valuable seniors as we did. We lost Carter but he didn’t even play against them last year. I would say our biggest senior loses were on the OL. Should definitely be a good matchup week 1 of district and I’m looking forward to it. 

1 hour ago, FootballETX95 said:

Tatum lost top two running backs. 

2 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

I’m glad Allison is gone 😂 That kid had a never ending motor. 

I’ll be honest with you, Hollins was a surprise to me. If you saw all the games you would see him dozing over folks and he was agile for a guy his size. They will both be missed for sure. 

2 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

Not sure you can say all their skills are back. They graduated Allison who was a big part of what they did. They still have plenty coming back but they definitely lost some valuable seniors as we did. We lost Carter but he didn’t even play against them last year. I would say our biggest senior loses were on the OL. Should definitely be a good matchup week 1 of district and I’m looking forward to it. 

What about the Smith kid? I thought he was running the ball majority of the time. I do stand to be corrected.

1 minute ago, FootballETX95 said:

What about the Smith kid? I thought he was running the ball majority of the time. I do stand to be corrected.

Smith got some carries but the 2 Seniors were the work horses. We’ll have Smith and Norris probably taking majority of snaps with “Bowling ball” Lawson and a younger kid or 2 coming in giving Smith and Norris a break. 

7 hours ago, FootballETX95 said:

Smith has been heathy only his freshman season. Don’t see him getting  a lot of carries thuu i s coming season. 

6 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Smith has been heathy only his freshman season. Don’t see him getting  a lot of carries thuu i s coming season. 

Yeah he’s been dinged up all through high school. It’s unfortunate because I know you guys were expecting he would be a monster by now. Who will take over in the backfield?

41 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Yeah he’s been dinged up all through high school. It’s unfortunate because I know you guys were expecting he would be a monster by now. Who will take over in the backfield?

Got the Norris kid who’s been on varsity since he was a freshman. Lawson will be the 230 pound banger. Couple from the young groups that probably would of been of varsity had the backfield not already been crowded. 

Will be Malones 3 year as starting QB. That and Boyd appears to be healthy I look for them to sling it around more. I think Fite Will have a roll on offense this season. 

Guest Tiger03lb

Does Tatum's front 7 look to be better than last year? I know everyone is talking about the offensive side but I was really surprised with Tatum's front 7 last season. Can't remember if it was a DL or end that was pretty good. 

Guest Tiger03lb
On 6/17/2021 at 5:16 PM, Golfingnut said:

Not sure we have an edge. Not even sure why DCTF has us at #3. 

With what I'm hearing I'm optimistic, but there's still questions. I'm sure by the time we get to the Tatum game we'll know more about both teams.

If it helps, I don't know why we are at #5. Lol.

You guys got a hell of a pre-district schedule, just like we do. Just hope y'all make it injury free. 

On 6/17/2021 at 8:13 PM, GWBears01 said:

Honest truth is that both teams will be very talented. Both have holes to fill but I would say we do have a slight mental advantage since this group of kids has never lost to Tatum. If Castles can fix the defense we can live up to our ranking. If the defense doesn’t get fixed we will be once again be looking to just out score everyone. That usually isn’t a good recipe come playoff time as we learned last season. 

Yeah, the defense got exposed that first round. If GW can get the defense turned around watch out 👀

8 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Does Tatum's front 7 look to be better than last year? I know everyone is talking about the offensive side but I was really surprised with Tatum's front 7 last season. Can't remember if it was a DL or end that was pretty good. 

Six return for the front 7.  The DE has picked up around a dozen offers since the end of last season. Anywhere from IVY league to SEC…. When you’re 6’5 230 and run at the state meet you’re something special. His “little” brother will hold down the middle again. He’ll have a good bit of offers before it’s said and done. Defense does need to replace a few on the back end though. 

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

Six return for the front 7.  The DE has picked up around a dozen offers since the end of last season. Anywhere from IVY league to SEC…. When you’re 6’5 230 and run at the state meet you’re something special. His “little” brother will hold down the middle again. He’ll have a good bit of offers before it’s said and done. Defense does need to replace a few on the back end though. 

Were there any coaching changes on that end? I'm guessing this will be a heavy senior class this season?

10 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Were there any coaching changes on that end? I'm guessing this will be a heavy senior class this season?

I think both of our groups will be senior heavy. The senior class for us will represent a big part of the success the team has had the last 3 years. 

13 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

What about that kid that yall been waiting on to take over the reigns? 

I was just saying I hate losing those guys. Smith has been hampered by a bad knee since eighth grade and couldn’t have surgery until his Sophomore year. He will be a Senior this year and hope he’s healthy. 

2 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

I think both of our groups will be senior heavy. The senior class for us will represent a big part of the success the team has had the last 3 years. 

We didn’t have much success last year, but we also will have a lot of seniors this year. 

Guest Tiger03lb
33 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

That's what happened with us and GV last season. Koff had more on offense but it was more key positions. 

42 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

That's what happened with us and GV last season. Koff had more on offense but it was more key positions. 

Qb will be a big position for us to fill and not so much in terms of arm talent but Tristan was a good kid and good leader. I have no doubt we have the kids to replace I just hope they gel in time.   

On 6/17/2021 at 2:42 PM, Yoe09 said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens in Cameron.  In all his years as head coach in Cameron, Rhoades lost to schools in the playoffs:

Daingerfield - 2010 - state - great game 

Tatum - 2011 - area - Tatum went to the semis - both teams were better the year before. 

Brock - 2015 - state - The late Traion Smith broke his leg right before half.  

The talent is there to win, make no question about it.  It may take a year to get everything back in the right direction, but this program is going to win football games moving forward.  

Lets go out on a limb, Yoe wins the district and makes to the semi finals this season, all this while breaking in QB   and a very slow start in non-district games.

Some Cameron folks tell me this program was truly messed up  under Brashear. No discipline, no leadership, no techniques taught by pass staff. Come on Yoe fans it  could not have been that bad?

6 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

Lets go out on a limb, Yoe wins the district and makes to the semi finals this season, all this while breaking in QB   and a very slow start in non-district games.

Some Cameron folks tell me this program was truly messed up  under Brashear. No discipline, no leadership, no techniques taught by pass staff. Come on Yoe fans it  could not have been that bad?

Idk about winning district but they will be much improved. I Believe Lorena takes district they bring back alot i think 10O/8D