3A DI DCTF & My Top 10 Comparison/Thoughts

Yoe09

29 minutes ago, FootballETX95 said:

Tatum, GW, and WO are my Top 3...NB and Sabine are the for sure wild cards. Sabine has the talent to compete, but depth could be a problem. The biggest take away for me with Sabine, the scheme on both sides of the ball MUST change. The coaches must SCHEME to their personnel, not PERSONNEL to their scheme. It's called thinking/coaching outside their small box. 

U gotta be talking about district Bc WO? NB? Lmao

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2021 at 9:30 AM, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

I was just saying I hate losing those guys. Smith has been hampered by a bad knee since eighth grade and couldn’t have surgery until his Sophomore year. He will be a Senior this year and hope he’s healthy. 

Creer was 6'1 190 his senior year, Smith is 6'1 195 this season. Just hope he still has that speed after the knee issues. I would expect Norris to be pretty solid as a junior. Lawson should be a battering ram. Backfield should be solid but yeah, not having Allison is gonna be different lol. And Hollins was a load. We will still have our speed burner in the slot, Kendall Williams. I'm sure he'll be effective carrying the ball some as well. 

On 6/18/2021 at 11:50 AM, H3llR4z0r said:

Where's Mt. Vernon

MV will be in the mix. Return a bunch on both sides, figuring out the QB position will be the biggest thing but I think we will be rolling by district and make some noise 

23 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

MV will be in the mix. Return a bunch on both sides, figuring out the QB position will be the biggest thing but I think we will be rolling by district and make some noise 

I think youre right. Lots of skill guys back but the key will be the QB.

Guest Tiger03lb
On 7/16/2021 at 3:33 AM, Eagle8 said:

Creer was 6'1 190 his senior year, Smith is 6'1 195 this season. Just hope he still has that speed after the knee issues. I would expect Norris to be pretty solid as a junior. Lawson should be a battering ram. Backfield should be solid but yeah, not having Allison is gonna be different lol. And Hollins was a load. We will still have our speed burner in the slot, Kendall Williams. I'm sure he'll be effective carrying the ball some as well. 

We all know by now what the offense is bring back and how that side will be. How's the defense going to be? I know most of the defense is coming back. Were there any changes on that side? Coaching, players, move-ins? Kinda seemed like you guys had the pieces for a good defense but didn't get it all together. 

12 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

I think Winnsboro wins their district and I highly doubt y’all drop down to 4th

I fully think we will be in the mix but its going to be very tough. Mineola will be very solid. MV will be very solid. I feel like Pottsboro will be competitive as well. Should make for some very exciting football.

40 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

District 5 and 6 knocking each other out early helps GV’s and Malakoff’s chance to reach the semis. 👀

It will be interesting to see how MV does after losing their QB. He was the absolute key to everything. 

5 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

It will be interesting to see how MV does after losing their QB. He was the absolute key to everything. 

The interesting part about it will be how much different they look with a new signal caller. In all likelihood, if he can throw the ball they will be passing much more this year. Nellor preferred to run the ball and i know this new coach wants to throw it all over the map but they will have a good running game as well so they will be tough.

On 6/17/2021 at 2:42 PM, Yoe09 said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens in Cameron.  In all his years as head coach in Cameron, Rhoades lost to schools in the playoffs:

Daingerfield - 2010 - state - great game 

Tatum - 2011 - area - Tatum went to the semis - both teams were better the year before. 

Brock - 2015 - state - The late Traion Smith broke his leg right before half.  

The talent is there to win, make no question about it.  It may take a year to get everything back in the right direction, but this program is going to win football games moving forward.  

Looking forward to hosting y’all in Bellville this year.

4 minutes ago, Utfan06 said:

Looking forward to hosting y’all in Bellville this year.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Bellville will be the best team Cameron plays in 2021...regardless of how far they go.  Bellville has a ton of talent returning plus a loaded sophomore class that, to my knowledge, has never lost a game. 

2 hours ago, chevyman said:

The interesting part about it will be how much different they look with a new signal caller. In all likelihood, if he can throw the ball they will be passing much more this year. Nellor preferred to run the ball and i know this new coach wants to throw it all over the map but they will have a good running game as well so they will be tough.

Kids like Nellor aren’t always waiting in the wings when you lose one. He was poised and seemed to make good decision on whether to throw it or run it when things broke down. Grandview will also find out how spoiled they’ve been the last few years.