Jump to content

Dave Campbell 2021 4A D1 preseason top 10


lionpride08
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I'd say some of the toughest competition in 4A-D1 this season for Argyle will be right in its own district against Melissa and Paris.  Pretty darn good strong district in all of 4A for sure.

I think Argyle will be pushed a little more this year by both Melissa and Paris. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, RedRed said:

I think Argyle will be pushed a little more this year by both Melissa and Paris. 

Starting out the season it will be wide open to see which teams survive predistrict injuries and form a good team chemistry.  Argyle has lots of depth.....so does Melissa.  Not sure how much depth Paris has, but they always compete very well.  I just hope we can have another full season with all that's going on in our nation.  There ain't no way I'm taking a jab of any sort......end of story. :BS:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Texski said:

I’m just waitin on Footballalltheway to say something negative about Melissa. 

If living in reality is negative to you then you may not like my thoughts.

On offense Melissa lost all but one starting OL.  Lost all starting receivers, lost phenomenal starting RB, have returning QB.  Does QB live in Melissa now?  OL is going to be a big issue because they lost alot of very good players that kept the QB from running for his life.

On defense lost 2 starting DL, lost 2 starting LB’s, and lost entire starting secondary including the best player on that defense that decided he didn’t want to play in Melissa any longer. He may be playing against Melissa this year.  Have a couple of good returning LB’s and and a big DE.  What ever you have returning doesn’t overcome the fact that defense in Melissa historically gives up tons of points to better teams.   

There is lots of talent there just young unlike the last couple of years senior laden teams that have been squandered.  2022 could be very good but will be 5A then unless they potlick the numbers to keep to attendance down like Im hearing.

Arglye is Arygle nuf said.  Paris returns pretty much everything so they are going to be a tough out even for Argyle.  What do you think Duke?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Melissa should be pretty salty. They have a lot of potential but hopefully it will translate...

Melissas oline is really big with an average weight across of 287lbs. This will be the biggest oline they’ve ever had. Melissa has always struggled with moving bigger dlines out because they were just small. This won’t be an issue this year. Skill kids are as good as always with 2 receivers that are 6’3 and 6’4 respectively along with others that will prove to be really good. Melissa again will have a number of running backs that will be legit. Offensively Melissa will score tons of points yet again but that’s never been much of a problem. 
 

On defense they will be way bigger on the dline and at linebackers. Secondary will be young but very athletic. The defense will be much batter if anything because of size. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Footballalltheway said:

If living in reality is negative to you then you may not like my thoughts.

On offense Melissa lost all but one starting OL.  Lost all starting receivers, lost phenomenal starting RB, have returning QB.  Does QB live in Melissa now?  OL is going to be a big issue because they lost alot of very good players that kept the QB from running for his life.

On defense lost 2 starting DL, lost 2 starting LB’s, and lost entire starting secondary including the best player on that defense that decided he didn’t want to play in Melissa any longer. He may be playing against Melissa this year.  Have a couple of good returning LB’s and and a big DE.  What ever you have returning doesn’t overcome the fact that defense in Melissa historically gives up tons of points to better teams.   

There is lots of talent there just young unlike the last couple of years senior laden teams that have been squandered.  2022 could be very good but will be 5A then unless they potlick the numbers to keep to attendance down like Im hearing.

Arglye is Arygle nuf said.  Paris returns pretty much everything so they are going to be a tough out even for Argyle.  What do you think Duke?

 

 

I don't think Melissa is a lock to go 5A. They only added 145 kids from 2018 to 2020 realignment and were still a little more than 250 away from the cutoff, which will go up slightly because it always does.

 

Unless they have a monster freshman or sophomore class, they're going to stay 4A until 22024, when they and Anna will move up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is the Summer Edition DCTF out yet?  I really haven't read about any of the top D-1 schools yet in 4A to see who has what coming back this season.  I suspect those boys over at CC Calallen will be reloading......not sure about anybody outside of our district.  La Vega is always a tough out anytime you play them, and Argyle will play them again in predistrict this season.......at their house.  Argyle starts with PG in the Tom Landry Classic at Allen's stadium.  I think we get Celina next in Argyle, then La Vega at their stadium in Bellmead (N. Waco suburb).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Is the Summer Edition DCTF out yet?  I really haven't read about any of the top D-1 schools yet in 4A to see who has what coming back this season.  I suspect those boys over at CC Calallen will be reloading......not sure about anybody outside of our district.  La Vega is always a tough out anytime you play them, and Argyle will play them again in predistrict this season.......at their house.  Argyle starts with PG in the Tom Landry Classic at Allen's stadium.  I think we get Celina next in Argyle, then La Vega at their stadium in Bellmead (N. Waco suburb).

A tough schedule. But that's par for the course for Argyle. They'll work PG pretty good, but their next few games should be pretty salty matchups. I don't see much in Region II or Region I that's going to pose too serious of a threat to the Eagles' chances at back-to-back. Of course, who knows, it's still just June. But where it sits now, hard to imagine someone having quite enough fire power to take the crown.

As far as Calallen, I think they lose a decent amount, but a program of that stature and history has a tendency to rebuild at a quick clip. I don't know that they'd be my Region IV pick right now, though. Austin LBJ should be good again, and I wouldn't doze off on Boerne if I were in Region IV. They've got a grown man at QB and some horses to go along side him. If I were a betting man, though, my pick would be for El Campo to take Region III and then beat whoever comes out of Region IV and square off with the Eagles in Arlington. I think Chad Worrell coming down there from Brock is exactly the kind of push the Ricebirds need to get over the hump. El Campo has some absolute dudes right now, and if they buy into what Worrell is selling — and the Ricebird faithful will tell you they have — then look out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

And there sit Lindale and Kilgore.

Weren’t they in a similar place last year?

Kilgore’s gonna be good. If it ain’t El Campo that comes outta Region III, Kilgore would be my vote.

I’m probably not as high on Lindale as DCTF is, but maybe they’ll surprise again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm just hoping and praying to God Almighty regularly that America and esp. Texas will be able to carry forward with some degree of normalcy into the new school year.  Football is a huge part of community cohesiveness in Texas and a very important standard to uphold and support in our school districts.  It's a positive for a great majority of the population in Texas.  We need high school football in this great State of Texas more than most people ever give a thought to......until we don't have it any longer.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Kilgore’s gonna be good. If it ain’t El Campo that comes outta Region III, Kilgore would be my vote.

I’m probably not as high on Lindale as DCTF is, but maybe they’ll surprise again.

Kilgore offense should be deadly. If the O-Line is up to par. Graduated all 5 starters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2021 at 4:57 PM, d0tc0m said:

Kilgore’s gonna be good. If it ain’t El Campo that comes outta Region III, Kilgore would be my vote.

I’m probably not as high on Lindale as DCTF is, but maybe they’ll surprise again.

I agree about Lindale. Not saying the Eagles can't do it, but it's a tall order replacing the best RB in your school's history.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2021 at 1:55 PM, HJR7 said:

Kilgore offense should be deadly. If the O-Line is up to par. Graduated all 5 starters.

Saying your offense is going to be deadly and you lost your whole line is kinda like saying I’m gonna win a track meet even though I am slow.

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

Saying your offense is going to be deadly and you lost your whole line is kinda like saying I’m gonna win a track meet even though I am slow.

Usually not a great sign! But it’s still doable. I feel like Kilgore always has the kids and size to plug in on o line and d line for the most part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BuckNut said:

Saying your offense is going to be deadly and you lost your whole line is kinda like saying I’m gonna win a track meet even though I am slow.

Skill positions not a problem, QB not a problem at all. O-Line will definitely have the size just will he young. Not a knock at all on Kilgore. They will be ready.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, BuckNut said:

Saying your offense is going to be deadly and you lost your whole line is kinda like saying I’m gonna win a track meet even though I am slow.

Kilgore had a really really good freshman team and a pretty good JV last year...the talent and size will be there it's just a matter of adjusting to the Friday night varsity speed of the game...they may be a little slow out the gate until the Oline gets their feet under them, but ultimately they will be fine...how often do you say, Kilgore has a terrible Oline..??.....as far as having a deadly Offense I think time will tell but I do believe the potential is there....and on comparing this to your track running ability.. all I say is you can teach blocking schemes and footwork to anyone if the talents there...you cant teach speed!!...😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...