Dave Campbell 2021 4A D2 preseason top 10

lionpride08

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I knew Crosby lost some players to graduation, but that was more than I thought. 

Their issue will be WHO they lost. They had 2 kids that were just unstoppable last year on offense (Branch and Dunn) 

They do bring back the leader of that defense though on the DL but they lost alot on D as well. 

I will be shocked if they stay within 20pts with Carthage to start the season. 

On 6/18/2021 at 3:23 PM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

So who will Carthage beat this year in Arlington for their annual state championship? 

China Spring too low. I'm interested in how Bellville does this season. 

i agree China Springs was very young last year and made a good run keep a eye on  them

53 minutes ago, powerlifter said:

i agree China Springs was very young last year and made a good run keep a eye on  them

Replacing their QB, is the big RB they had last year returning?

Heard the week they played Carthage that the backup, who should be the starter this season, was actually a better passer than their starter last year.

11 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Replacing their QB, is the big RB they had last year returning?

Heard the week they played Carthage that the backup, who should be the starter this season, was actually a better passer than their starter last year.

If I’m being honest… West Orange Stark, China Spring, and MAYBE Bellville have the best “shot” vs Carthage… if that’s what you wanna call it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Utfan06 said:

If I’m being honest… West Orange Stark, China Spring, and MAYBE Bellville have the best “shot” vs Carthage… if that’s what you wanna call it. 

If only Carthage's defense was merely above average, rather than (potentially) historic.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Utfan06 said:

But I'll say, overall, I still think Gilmer poses the biggest "threat." With what the Buckeyes bring back, and with what they had move in, they'll have some horses to run with the Dawgs. The key there, as will be for most teams that line up against Carthage, is can the offensive line buy Tennison any time at all to make plays. If the answer is yes, Buckeyes can hang. If the answer is no, it will be similar to the state game.

You can take out "Buckeyes" and "Tennison" replace them with any potential contender and their biggest playmaker, and the sentence will still be true.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, house said:

Anyone know how the streaming of games will work?  What teams are set up to video the games?   

UIL has given the greenlight. DCTF has acquired Texan Live, but I'm not sure what that will entail, as far as what schools will be coming on board with that platform. I would imagine DCTF would bring a heavy dose of DFW flavor to go with Texan Live's typical south Texas fare. Last year, and I'm going to assume this year as well, the home team had the option of broadcasting the game, and if they didn't want to/couldn't, they could defer to the visiting crew (Paris did this when Celina visited last year). It's probably going to be a similar thing, just a school-by-school deal, until everything eventually consolidates under Texan Live. This year, you'll have some on Texan Live, some on YouTube, some on Facebook, some on the NFHS Network. Could be a little scattered. Unifying it all would be nice, though, so you don't end up paying for streaming accounts with a number of different outlets.

1 minute ago, house said:

Could each school do their own deal with their local radio/tv station?  I suspect almost anybody could do as good a job as Texanlive.  Afraid it's going to get into a money deal.  

Unless I'm mistaken, the games can be "streamed" live, but they still cannot actually be broadcast "over the air," live on Friday nights. There will still be Thursday and Saturday games that can be shown live on local stations, I'm sure, but Friday games cannot be "broadcast" (in the traditional sense) live, though they can be shown on tape delay.

DCTF no doubt has the resources to grow and improve Texan Live, and I'm sure they will do just that. I think now that it looks like streaming might be around for the long-haul, you'll see more schools pour resources into building/improving their "broadcast/media/journalism" programs and incorporate Friday Night game broadcasts into the curriculum. That may entail a partnership with Texan Live, or some other outlet, who knows. But if streaming is the way of the future, schools that have the resources would be silly and short-sighted not to utilize it as part of a curriculum, which just gets more and more kids involved.

Stepp could get on here and talk more about DCTF/Texan Live and what that's going to look like this fall, though. I'd defer any questions about that to him, honestly.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2021 at 10:34 PM, Sportsguru02 said:

PG will have at least 4 to 5 losses this yr 

I’m thinking 3 maybe 4 losses for the season. But If Gilmer had PG’s schedule they’d have a few losses also. JS. Gilmer will be a tough out for PG this year, but you might not wanna think about counting them out. Wait, yes please overlook them. Lol

9 hours ago, HawkNation12 said:

I’m thinking 3 maybe 4 losses for the season. But If Gilmer had PG’s schedule they’d have a few losses also. JS. Gilmer will be a tough out for PG this year, but you might not wanna think about counting them out. Wait, yes please overlook them. Lol

Yea yea yea we hear ya

9 hours ago, HawkNation12 said:

The schedule, the schedule, the schedule.  When you have some success it’s tough to schedule as we all know so let’s stop using THE SCHEDULE as an excuse.   Would you like to go back several years and play Hooks, New Boston, Redwater and Daingerfield.   Please stop 🛑 

11 hours ago, HawkNation12 said:

PG has a tough schedule but I don’t see it being any tougher than Gilmer’s. Both have Carthage. PG has Argyle and Gilmer has Lindale. The other two non district opponents for both teams are winnable games. Just my opinion 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

31 minutes ago, ronstopable said:

PG has a tough schedule but I don’t see it being any tougher than Gilmer’s. Both have Carthage. PG has Argyle and Gilmer has Lindale. The other two non district opponents for both teams are winnable games. Just my opinion 

5 non-district games……both play Carthage……Argyle>Lindale…..Henderson/Paris probably equal…..Gladewater/Nashville probably equal………Silsbee > Atlanta. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2021 at 1:31 PM, RickyTheNatureBoyFlair said:

If the folks at DCTF are correct in their prediction  of 10 4A then it will be the best 4A division 2 District in the State. Rusk will be a top 10 team. If Jasper and Center are better than the Eagles then Carthage will get some good games leading up to the playoffs. 

west orange stark are haveing big time troubles at this point  they just cant find a passing game and thats a shame with the gifted wr thay  have with sprinter speed.

download (9).jpg

15 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Poor WOS, maybe they’ll begin to put it together.

nope  dont think so,Thompson has pulled alot of kids up from his jv team and sat some big time players  on the bench he is now playing  quit a few underclass kids i just dont know whats going on  maybe next year he will have it worked out .

1 minute ago, powerlifter said:

nope  dont think so,Thompson has pulled alot of kids up from his jv team and sat some big time players  on the bench he is now playing  quit a few underclass kids i just dont know whats going on  maybe next year he will have it worked out .

download (13).jpg

19 hours ago, powerlifter said:

west orange stark are haveing big time troubles at this point  they just cant find a passing game and thats a shame with the gifted wr thay  have with sprinter speed.

download (9).jpg

Sounds like coaching to me got to develop a qb starting at 7th grade lvl

• Like 1