Dave Campbell 2021 4A D2 preseason top 10

3 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Also, i believe that was the week y’all lost a coach? I was thinking that would either help or hurt. I thought Carthage looked about as flat as I’ve seen them that game. Still got that W though 

Yes. 

43 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

When was the last time Carthage was beaten or even scared in the regular season? 

I know Henderson keep a few games kinda close but they never really had a chance to win. 
i thought Carthage “could’ve” lost to Van, in Van,  couple years ago but then Van lost both QBs the week prior, or something like that. 
i don’t recall Gilmer keeping any close recently. 

2018 against pg at carthage. Pg was draining clock and set up for potential field goal.

Pg QB had unforced fumble and gave ball back. Heartbreaker 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Hawk20 said:

2018 against pg at carthage. Pg was draining clock and set up for potential field goal.

This was the game! PG had us beat, we got lucky and then drove the length of the field in 90 seconds to win it with a TD.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawk20 said:

That’s right! 
i remember that. 

was this game at PG?

2 hours ago, trashyhound said:

Also, i believe that was the week y’all lost a coach? I was thinking that would either help or hurt. I thought Carthage looked about as flat as I’ve seen them that game. Still got that W though 

I was at that game as well.  Just lost Coach Mac.  It was a VERY big deal.  

1 minute ago, house said:

I was at that game as well.  Just lost Coach Mac.  It was a VERY big deal.  

Seemed that way. Hated that news but i was glad those boys scratched out a W for him in such a tough week. I can only imagine that helped healing that would a little

34 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

That’s right! 
i remember that. 

was this game at PG?

No it was at Carthage for their homecoming. 

PG knew it had a chance going into that game but knew it had to be mistake free.  One mistake cost it.  Worst part is that it was an unforced fumble.  Just dropped the ball.  Honestly, that loss bothered me more than losing to Cuero at state.  But that loss also made that team grow up fast that year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ronstopable said:

Is the property located in the part of Arkansas that folks have teeth and the family tree forks? Asking for a friend 

Trick Question. 

No such part exists.

• LOL! 1

5 minutes ago, Hawk20 said:

No it was at Carthage for their homecoming. 

PG knew it had a chance going into that game but knew it had to be mistake free.  One mistake cost it.  Worst part is that it was an unforced fumble.  Just dropped the ball.  Honestly, that loss bothered me more than losing to Cuero at state.  But that loss also made that team grow up fast that year.

Gotcha. 
Maybe i was thinking about ’19? 
One of those years the game was in PG it was broadcast online and i remember looking at Carthage Oline vs PG dline and thought “that’s just not fair for everyone else in 4A. 
I’ve seen D1 games with less beef and talent. 
fun to watch though

'19 was at PG.....was a great game until 4th quarter.  PG just ran out of gas. You can visibly see it on the film.   Final score was lopsided but that happened in the 4th quarter.  Just not enough depth to go all 4 quarters.

3 hours ago, trashyhound said:

When was the last time Carthage was beaten or even scared in the regular season? 

I know Henderson keep a few games kinda close but they never really had a chance to win. 
i thought Carthage “could’ve” lost to Van, in Van,  couple years ago but then Van lost both QBs the week prior, or something like that. 
i don’t recall Gilmer keeping any close recently. 

Henderson only were close in the 2016 season the rest they didn’t score. That season Henderson and Kilgore beat Carthage and they beat the lions in the playoffs. Pg only team really that had legitimate chance to win. 

20 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Drinking and posting usually not a good idea. Hard lessons learned. Liquor usually reserved for Carthage games at least from rest of the state.

Just stirring the pot lol 😂 pretty sure they lost every game last year and won maybe 1 or 2 the year before. Easily one of the worst teams in 4a d2. 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Hawk20 said:

'19 was at PG.....was a great game until 4th quarter.  PG just ran out of gas. You can visibly see it on the film.   Final score was lopsided but that happened in the 4th quarter.  Just not enough depth to go all 4 quarters.

That’s the game i remembered. 
just not enough gas down the stretch

6 hours ago, Hawk20 said:

The answer to the question is Dec 14, 2018 vs Liberty Hill in the semi’s.  Carthage lost 44-41.  PG definitely had the game won at Carthage HC earlier that year, just made one big mistake at the wrong time and that little spark was all it took to wake the Dawgs up to win it.

35 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

The answer to the question is Dec 14, 2018 vs Liberty Hill in the semi’s.  Carthage lost 44-41.  PG definitely had the game won at Carthage HC earlier that year, just made one big mistake at the wrong time and that little spark was all it took to wake the Dawgs up to win it.

The question was regular season……You are correct if you consider the playoffs regular season for Carthage. 

• LOL! 1

On 7/9/2021 at 3:21 PM, Sforces6 said:

Just stirring the pot lol 😂 pretty sure they lost every game last year and won maybe 1 or 2 the year before. Easily one of the worst teams in 4a d2. 

Well anything short of state won’t bea let down lol. 

On 7/8/2021 at 12:30 PM, TCU44 said:

Is everybody playing for second place as usual this year? Carthage wins it all but the question is what team gets the joy of having their a$$ handed to them in the state finals?🤷🏼‍♂️

Oh I see now Carthage will state. I have tried this method as well. Sometimes you gotta know your place and hope for the best.  Most schools were in denial about Carthage last season thinking they had a chance.

5 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Oh I see now Carthage will state. I have tried this method as well. Sometimes you gotta know your place and hope for the best.  Most schools were in denial about Carthage last season thinking they had a chance.

Don’t know why anyone would think Carthage would take a step back from 2019 to 2020..

The defense only got a year older and better and most of the key offensive players returned for their senior seasons - QB, two RB’s, TE some OL

I'm expecting the offense to take some time to gel this upcoming season and the team to obviously be led by that stellar defense. 

33 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Don’t know why anyone would think Carthage would take a step back from 2019 to 2020..

The defense only got a year older and better and most of the key offensive players returned for their senior seasons - QB, two RB’s, TE some OL

I'm expecting the offense to take some time to gel this upcoming season and the team to obviously be led by that stellar defense. 

He was anti Carthage/Gilmer  more than me. That is saying something. Now he on board so maybe sends some bad mojo. One can dream 😴 

7 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

He was anti Carthage/Gilmer  more than me. That is saying something. Now he on board so maybe sends some bad mojo. One can dream 😴 

well I will take Carthage this year they should win it all buy the looks of it  we MIGHT BE TALKING about some other team in Jerrys place in 2022

33 minutes ago, powerlifter said:

well I will take Carthage this year they should win it all buy the looks of it  we MIGHT BE TALKING about some other team in Jerrys place in 2022

It’s most definitely possible. Carthage will lose a lot on defense after this year. It will remain to be seen if they just reload and win again as as happened before, or will it be someone else’s turn again. 

16 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

It’s most definitely possible. Carthage will lose a lot on defense after this year. It will remain to be seen if they just reload and win again as as happened before, or will it be someone else’s turn again. 

They still got Surratt he could win state with Mabank lol. 

• LOL! 1

49 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Just like every year, the 2’s are going to get to play a half of football in at least 10 games this year.  Maybe more.  Plus the JV will practice with the varsity until Dec.  That’s a pretty solid recipe to “reload”.

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Just like every year, the 2’s are going to get to play a half of football in at least 10 games this year.  Maybe more.  Plus the JV will practice with the varsity until Dec.  That’s a pretty solid recipe to “reload”.

Crosby, S A, P G, Gilmer  - 2s probably don’t get more than a quarter, if at all. Jasper might be iffy.   I take under 10.  Lol.