Augie Garrido's first 4 seasons at Texas:

1 CWS appearance (0-2 record)
2 regional appearances
0 Big 12 championships 

David Pierce first 4 seasons at Texas: 

2 CWS appearances (3-4 record)
3 regional appearances
2 Big 12 championships

If he isn't heavily paid already he is on his way to it. 

• Like 2

On 6/27/2021 at 11:52 AM, WETSU said:

And I'll add that any Texas fan that doesn't do the same is not entirely truthful. 

You want to know how I know? You can bet the majority of fans wanted Johnny and A&M to lose to OU in that cotton bowl. If they played in the playoffs most would stomach an OU win if it meant A&M was sent home. 

A good friend from the Northeast asked me once if I would rather lose to OU or A&M. Without a thought, I said I'd rather lose to OU 100 out of 100 times than lose to A&M. Now if this year's scenario happened where our baseball team lost a single game to A&M but made it to the CWS - I'm fine with that.

14 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

A good friend from the Northeast asked me once if I would rather lose to OU or A&M. Without a thought, I said I'd rather lose to OU 100 out of 100 times than lose to A&M. Now if this year's scenario happened where our baseball team lost a single game to A&M but made it to the CWS - I'm fine with that.

I too would be okay with it if the situation was reversed. 

And I think most Texas fans I've encountered share your thoughts on losing to OU or A&M as well. Especially older generations who remember the SWC days. 

21 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Well, Oklahoma is better than you so you should feel no shame in losing to them 🤭😂🤣.

Mississippi St is very deserving. Bednar was the best pitcher in the tournament and Sims got outs. Timely hitting and some unlikely hero’s. Fun team to watch play. 

I would’ve loved to see Texas and Mississippi St play a series with fresh pitching staffs.I think it would go three and I think it would’ve been a great 3 games. 

9 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Mississippi St is very deserving. Bednar was the best pitcher in the tournament and Sims got outs. Timely hitting and some unlikely hero’s. Fun team to watch play. 

I would’ve loved to see Texas and Mississippi St play a series with fresh pitching staffs.I think it would go three and I think it would’ve been a great 3 games. 

The three games that Texas/Miss. State played were were better than the three we just saw. 

Congrats to the Dawgs. I have some State friends who have been waiting a long time to see a championship at their school.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Miss st scratches themselves off the list as power 5 teams never winning a team championship. Virginia Tech and Kansas St are the only two left. 

Not just in baseball either. This is their first team national championship in the schools history. I didnt even know that before this week, but I'm glad they finally got one.

• Like 1