Waskom and SA got beef?

Eagleborn

4 hours ago, Wild74 said:

I think they canceled on us the 2nd week, Waskom was able to get a game with Brookshire Royal on a Saturday at a neutral site. I don't know why they canceled though.

Did SA cancel last yrs game too?

10 hours ago, quickshot said:

It would have been ugly last year ...don't blame them lol.

They knew what Waskom had for 2020-21 when they scheduled the series. SA is under new leadership this year. No idea if that has anything to do with the change or not. 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

They knew what Waskom had for 2020-21 when they scheduled the series. SA is under new leadership this year. No idea if that has anything to do with the change or not. 

I asked one of the coaches if they was under contract to play and he said since Covid-19 started in 2020 they didn't sign contracts so I guess they can just not play 

22 hours ago, GreaseLightning said:

Chicken :poop:......... Play the people you agreed to play whether you are good or not.

I believe this all stems from how the Waskom coaches acted and from what I heard I don’t blame them.  Prior to the game I don’t even think SA had played a game yet so SA was eager to play. 

2 hours ago, quickshot said:

How did the 7 on 7 go for waskom today?? Anyone go watch it?

Waskom 21 Tolar 14

Waskom 35 Lexington 15

Waskom 7 vs Alpine 13 4:30

Waskom advances as the number one seed in this pool due to tie breaker

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, TheWolf said:

SA wanted the storm to pass and Waskom didn’t.  They were there and wanted to play.   

Wolf you are stretching your story a little so let me help make it more complete, SA didn't want to sit and wait all night for the storm to pass since they had a long drive home, Waskom would have waited and we did offer to play the next day which SA turned down. We also wanted to play again this year and was driving to your home field and SA canceled, any way you spin it, looks like SA doesn't care to play us.

• Like 3