Waskom and SA got beef?

Eagleborn

22 hours ago, Timboslice79 said:

1. Canadian 

2. Franklin who brings everyone back and only lost to Canadian by 1.

3. Waskom lost to Franklin by 1. 

4. Daingerfield lost to Waskom by 1.

5. Elysian Fields who split games with Waskom losing by only 3 in a shootout in the playoffs.  

6. Newton (because they are Newton.)

How bad did Canadian beat Gunter in the semi's again?

I'll never disrespect Canadian as they are like Gunter at the top. I do think they'll be great but down this year for sure. Gunter is fielding possibly their best team in program history. Franklin will dang sure be good but I won't be surprised when they get upset in playoffs. D-Field is good but they just can't seem to get Gunter's #. Gunter train will be rolling this year, football and baseball.

2 hours ago, Eagle22 said:

I'll never disrespect Canadian as they are like Gunter at the top. I do think they'll be great but down this year for sure. Gunter is fielding possibly their best team in program history. Franklin will dang sure be good but I won't be surprised when they get upset in playoffs. D-Field is good but they just can't seem to get Gunter's #. Gunter train will be rolling this year, football and baseball.

Thats nice, I think you underestimate Waskom tho. They were so young last year and return everyone. The coaches are saying they have the best offensive line they've had including the state championship teams. They were one point away from being in the sc game last year and will be better still this year. 

6 hours ago, Eagle22 said:

Gunter will be great in the district .. I wouldn't beat ur chest to much.  It will look really ugly after district play

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Timboslice79 said:

Thats nice, I think you underestimate Waskom tho. They were so young last year and return everyone. The coaches are saying they have the best offensive line they've had including the state championship teams. They were one point away from being in the sc game last year and will be better still this year. 

The move-in lineman should help Waskom a lot.  Strong young man. 

On 7/19/2021 at 6:20 PM, quickshot said:

Gunter didn't have any competition till late in the playoffs who was Canadian? Am I wrong? Yea they beat alot ifcteams in a scrawny region.  Am I wrong ? I don't think so

You still haven't said who's going to beat Gunter this year. I'll answer it for you. No one!

5 hours ago, quickshot said:

First team out of yalls scrawny region.. yall ain't a power house like you think.. no competition at all..

I’ll bite. Same amount of state championships as Waskom, and more recent. What makes you so confident y’all will beat Gunter? Y’all run the same offense now, so they will know the keys and know how to contain it.

Also, please look at how running teams fare against GT? Boling was embarrassed. PP had the “best rushing offense in the nation”, and a monster line, and were shut down. If you are going to beat GT, you have to spread them out and throw. That’s what we have done, and Newton took enough shots to keep them honest. 

Im sure Waskom will be good, but give credit where it is due. I’d even be willing to bet a bill that Gunter is a faster team at the skill positions than Waskom is.

39 minutes ago, Airitout1 said:

I’ll bite. Same amount of state championships as Waskom, and more recent. What makes you so confident y’all will beat Gunter? Y’all run the same offense now, so they will know the keys and know how to contain it.

Also, please look at how running teams fare against GT? Boling was embarrassed. PP had the “best rushing offense in the nation”, and a monster line, and were shut down. If you are going to beat GT, you have to spread them out and throw. That’s what we have done, and Newton took enough shots to keep them honest. 

Im sure Waskom will be good, but give credit where it is due. I’d even be willing to bet a bill that Gunter is a faster team at the skill positions than Waskom is.

I guess you don't know that Gunter has never beaten Waskom each time they have played and no way in hell is Gunter faster than Waskom at any skill position, especially not this coming season.

On 7/15/2021 at 2:35 PM, Timboslice79 said:

Gunter is a very good program. My point is its easier to stay healthy enough to get to the semis and sc games when you aren't being challenged by stiff competition within your region or district. 

I don't buy what you're selling.  Gunter's region doesn't matter.  They have been in 3 out of 5 state championship games and won 2.   The one they lost was to a Newton team that was incredible.  You can call region II weak the past 5 years because Gunter is in it and has not lost to a region II team in that stretch.  Dominated most games.  If anything, dominating the region does not get your team ready for a team like Canadian but Gunter has been fortunate enough to win 3 out of 5 so far.  Franklin came into Jerry World and were within an extra point of going to overtime with Canadian.  I think their tough road to the final helped them, not the other way around.  Players can get injured against bad teams just as easily as playing tough teams.  Being fortunate enough to stay healthy plays a huge part in being successful also.

No doubt Waskom, Franklin, Newton, and Daingerfield would be a challenge if Gunter is fortunate enough to get that far.  Haven't played a football game yet.  We don't know if Gunter will get out of district yet though they should be very good in all 3 phases.

Gunter has beaten Canadian by 10, 29, and 7.  Canadian has beaten Gunter by 10 and 27.  If memory serves, Canadian stormed back the year after their 29 point loss to Gunter and came back against a great Newton team and was  throwing  the endzone at the end of the game, losing 21-16.  Gunter didn't like the beating they took in Abilene last year at all and if they stay healthy I believe will catch fire come the playoffs.  New OC to break in, so the start might not be dominant.

53 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

I guess you don't know that Gunter has never beaten Waskom each time they have played and no way in hell is Gunter faster than Waskom-210 at any skill position, especially not this coming season.

Waskom will be very good, but they won't be playing the 2015 or 2014 Gunter teams (if we both were to make that far).  The football gods might frown us talking about playing since it could only happen in the final.

On 7/17/2021 at 12:20 PM, Timboslice79 said:

I don't discount Waskom.  Love their offense.

8 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

I guess you don't know that Gunter has never beaten Waskom each time they have played and no way in hell is Gunter faster than Waskom at any skill position, especially not this coming season.

Correct, but that was before they switched offenses. GT QB is laser times high 4.4, 1 WR is laser time high 4.4, have 2 or 3 backs that are mid 4.5 or lower. 

would love to see the comparison. I remember when we played an east Texas team in 2007/2008. Had multiple D1 athletes, and were told there is no way we could handle the East Texas speed.

48 minutes ago, Airitout1 said:

Correct, but that was before they switched offenses. GT QB is laser times high 4.4, 1 WR is laser time high 4.4, have 2 or 3 backs that are mid 4.5 or lower. 

would love to see the comparison. I remember when we played an east Texas team in 2007/2008. Had multiple D1 athletes, and were told there is no way we could handle the East Texas speed.

It was too cold that day lol