Jump to content

Waskom and SA got beef?


Eagleborn
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 6/25/2021 at 6:46 AM, Wild74 said:

Wolf you are stretching your story a little so let me help make it more complete, SA didn't want to sit and wait all night for the storm to pass since they had a long drive home, Waskom would have waited and we did offer to play the next day which SA turned down. We also wanted to play again this year and was driving to your home field and SA canceled, any way you spin it, looks like SA doesn't care to play us.

One of the coaching staff is lying.  But, from what I was told that was the case.  I can also understand not coming back the next day because of how far of a drive it was.  I also believe they offered Waskom to drive to SA the next day and they didn’t want to.  I am not sure why SA cancelled this game.  But I really don’t remember the last time SA has cancelled a game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Coachkeeling said:

I don’t respond to many things especially rumors. But I’m going to clear the air so you know the truth. Last year we got in a lightning delay and it showed on the radar to not clear out until 10-11 pm. So both coaches decided not to wait it out. I offered San Augustine to drive back the next day but because it was a holiday weekend they didn’t want to do that. Not because they were scared to play Waskom. We agreed to play for 2 years we were young and coming off a 5-5 season. This year your new coach who got the job in May decided he didn’t want to play us on June 18th. Which he was on staff there. He said he didn’t wanna play us with such a young team and how many kids we have coming back and that we made the semi final last year. He said he had to do what’s right for kids and program cause we are to physical to be playing with such a young group. My opinion is that’s bull ####. You sign up and play. Shelbyville didn’t cancel they are young with a new coach. San Augustine is keeping West Rusk on the schedule does that mean West rusk isn’t any good. They won there dist and made it to the Third round with a bunch of talent remaining. So In our society we tell our kids to quit when times get tough and athletics we try to change that mentality all the time. Looks like to me San Augustine is sending there kids the wrong message. When San Augustine made 2-3 trips to semi in a row. I wonder how many teams wanted to cancel on them. But didn’t 

Love this!!!!!! Play the teams on your schedule you made a commitment to. Too many schools only want to play games they can win. While winning is important, some of the best life lessons are taught through a loss or a hard fought gut wrenching win.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Coachkeeling said:

I don’t respond to many things especially rumors. But I’m going to clear the air so you know the truth. Last year we got in a lightning delay and it showed on the radar to not clear out until 10-11 pm. So both coaches decided not to wait it out. I offered San Augustine to drive back the next day but because it was a holiday weekend they didn’t want to do that. Not because they were scared to play Waskom. We agreed to play for 2 years we were young and coming off a 5-5 season. This year your new coach who got the job in May decided he didn’t want to play us on June 18th. Which he was on staff there. He said he didn’t wanna play us with such a young team and how many kids we have coming back and that we made the semi final last year. He said he had to do what’s right for kids and program cause we are to physical to be playing with such a young group. My opinion is that’s bull ####. You sign up and play. Shelbyville didn’t cancel they are young with a new coach. San Augustine is keeping West Rusk on the schedule does that mean West rusk isn’t any good. They won there dist and made it to the Third round with a bunch of talent remaining. So In our society we tell our kids to quit when times get tough and athletics we try to change that mentality all the time. Looks like to me San Augustine is sending there kids the wrong message. When San Augustine made 2-3 trips to semi in a row. I wonder how many teams wanted to cancel on them. But didn’t 

You are 100% right...  hope you an ur group of coaches stay around waskom a bit.. waskom will roll for awhile with ur coaching scheme.. good luck this year sir.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Coachkeeling said:

I don’t respond to many things especially rumors. But I’m going to clear the air so you know the truth. Last year we got in a lightning delay and it showed on the radar to not clear out until 10-11 pm. So both coaches decided not to wait it out. I offered San Augustine to drive back the next day but because it was a holiday weekend they didn’t want to do that. Not because they were scared to play Waskom. We agreed to play for 2 years we were young and coming off a 5-5 season. This year your new coach who got the job in May decided he didn’t want to play us on June 18th. Which he was on staff there. He said he didn’t wanna play us with such a young team and how many kids we have coming back and that we made the semi final last year. He said he had to do what’s right for kids and program cause we are to physical to be playing with such a young group. My opinion is that’s bull ####. You sign up and play. Shelbyville didn’t cancel they are young with a new coach. San Augustine is keeping West Rusk on the schedule does that mean West rusk isn’t any good. They won there dist and made it to the Third round with a bunch of talent remaining. So In our society we tell our kids to quit when times get tough and athletics we try to change that mentality all the time. Looks like to me San Augustine is sending there kids the wrong message. When San Augustine made 2-3 trips to semi in a row. I wonder how many teams wanted to cancel on them. But didn’t 

From what I’ve been told what all you have just said is a lie. 

  • LOL! 1
  • Roll Eyes 1
  • Thumbs Down 2
  • Stinks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, TheWolf said:

From what I’ve been told what all you have just said is a lie. 

Source?

What part?  The whole thing?  There was no lightning?  The storm was made up?  It was gonna clear at 9:30?  SA doesn't have a new coach?

Clearly, everything isn't a lie, so call it out!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2021 at 7:21 AM, JBizzle said:

Source?

What part?  The whole thing?  There was no lightning?  The storm was made up?  It was gonna clear at 9:30?  SA doesn't have a new coach?

Clearly, everything isn't a lie, so call it out!

Not going to name the source, but it was someone in the know of it last year.  But, the reason the game was cancelled this year was because of what happened last year.  You have to remember that San Augustine had yet to play a regular season game yet and was willing to do whatever to play.  

  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, TheWolf said:

Not going to name the source, but it was someone in the know of it last year.  But, the reason the game was cancelled this year was because of what happened last year.  You have to remember that San Augustine had yet to play a regular season game yet and was willing to do whatever to play.  

Apparently your source wasn't in the know. You're just butthurt your team fell flat on its face last year and your new coach is to 🐔 💩 to play an agreed to game.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2021 at 7:20 PM, Timboslice79 said:

Apparently your source wasn't in the know. You're just butthurt your team fell flat on its face last year and your new coach is to 🐔💩 to play an agreed to game.

After 3 straight semi finals appearances it was bound to happen.  We are very young but will be back.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...