Waskom and SA got beef?

Eagleborn

1 hour ago, Airitout1 said:

Correct, but that was before they switched offenses. GT QB is laser times high 4.4, 1 WR is laser time high 4.4, have 2 or 3 backs that are mid 4.5 or lower. 

would love to see the comparison. I remember when we played an east Texas team in 2007/2008. Had multiple D1 athletes, and were told there is no way we could handle the East Texas speed.

If thats the case I believe speed will be pretty evenly matched.  Waskom has a couple 4.4 guys and a few other 4.5/4.6 guys. Good coaching on both sides so it would be a good match-up on paper. Long season to go and alot has to happen for either team to be there. Gonna be a good season.

• Like 1

What’s reasonable expectation for EF this year?

canadian will be real young. Maybe 4 seniors starting. Next two years will be loaded. I think anything over Region 1 Champs would be icing on the cake, and Childress might have something to say about that.

23 hours ago, Timboslice79 said:

I bet Gunter coaches have nightmares about the possibility of playing Waskom. They are 0fer against the Cats. 

LOL, an ole homer living off kids that are long gone from the program. Waskom just needs to try to get back to the finals then worry about trying to score on Gunter. Run team? Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

20 minutes ago, Timboslice79 said:

Ef should be reloaded well in my opinion.  Have some nice pieces returning. Should be in the mix in the region. Probably be 2nd in district but you never know in a rivalry game between them and Waskom. 

All relys on who's gonna be under center, that's the biggest replacement. 

1 hour ago, Airitout1 said:

What’s reasonable expectation for EF this year?

canadian will be real young. Maybe 4 seniors starting. Next two years will be loaded. I think anything over Region 1 Champs would be icing on the cake, and Childress might have something to say about that.

EF has some nice pieces returning, but the QB is biggest question, who's it gonna be, but 2nd or 3rd place in district and 2nd or 3rd rd in the playoffs is reasonable, but I'm hoping for much more.

26 minutes ago, Eagle22 said:

LOL, an ole homer living off kids that are long gone from the program. Waskom just needs to try to get back to the finals then worry about trying to score on Gunter. Run team? Good luck!

I hope Waskom and Gunter play in the SC, you will be so disappointed. 

6 hours ago, Eagle22 said:

U have no idea...Gunter will be done before waskom gets a chance to play them .. that's the sad part about everyone talking about gunter.

13 hours ago, quickshot said:

U have no idea...Gunter will be done before waskom gets a chance to play them .. that's the sad part about everyone talking about gunter.

You either lost to them, your son didn't get the playing time you thought he should have or you got fired from their staff. No one else is that clueless this year! :)

1 hour ago, Eagle22 said:

You either lost to them, your son didn't get the playing time you thought he should have or you got fired from their staff. No one else is that clueless this year! :)

No dog in the fight ... u have such a negative feedback man u should probably say things that make sense for a change

Just now, Eagleborn said:

Not really. One team as a better chance at winning state than the other has at even making the playoffs. 

Ooof.  I don't follow either program closely, but would you mind saying which is which? I'm just curious who needs burn treatment.  lol

12 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

That lost like 2 or 3 starters from last year.  Good luck Waskom lol

That has no competition in a scrawny region... yall are crazy.. waskom won't get a chance to play them because the first team gunter plays out of its region they are getting man handled.   

2 minutes ago, quickshot said:

That has no competition in a scrawny region... yall are crazy.. waskom won't get a chance to play them because the first team gunter plays out of its region they are getting man handled.   

I'm going to give you a chance to hurry up and get off post #666.  But you might need to look at what they've done the last 5 or so years.  And being that they were very young last year, they will be a very tough out this year.  Canadian knocked them out last year but they won't this year as they lost a lot of seniors.

• Roll Eyes 1

25 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

He was thinking about SA I believe, but no one is discussing them in this thread anymore. This is the Waskom vs Gunter Beef thread now. 😁

I think you are right, when I asked Eagle about that I myself had forgotten what this thread once was about.... so very very long ago...

1 hour ago, ObiOne said:

I'm going to give you a chance to hurry up and get off post #666.  But you might need to look at what they've done the last 5 or so years.  And being that they were very young last year, they will be a very tough out this year.  Canadian knocked them out last year but they won't this year as they lost a lot of seniors.

Canadian doesn't hurt from losing Sr's, they just reloads every yr and goes very deep into the playoffs, the lack of Sr's has proven to have no affect on their teams seasons