10 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

Gladewater

Tatum

White Oak

Sabine

Atlanta

Jefferson

New Boston

Gladewater, Tatum, White Oak, and Sabine all return a lot.  Not sure about the other 3 teams.  Should be an exciting season.

Predictions?

I like the order you put them in. Not sure about Jefferson or Atlanta and what they are moving up from JV but based on the kids coming back I think the order you placed the teams in makes sense. 

1 hour ago, GWBears01 said:

I like the order you put them in. Not sure about Jefferson or Atlanta and what they are moving up from JV but based on the kids coming back I think the order you placed the teams in makes sense. 

Atlanta will move to the 3rd spot and WO will drop to 4th.  Sabine will be on the outside looking in.

33 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

And it didn’t even take a rocket scientist to figure that out.   

Not sure what I think about Atlanta or Jefferson. They were both pretty down last season. Sabine didn’t have a good year but they return a lot of kids. 

32 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

What does WO return?

They lose their free safety, 1 LB, and 2-3 OL.  Other than that I think most of the main contributors return.  The difference in White Oak this year and last was having more speed than usual.  They won the district track meet last year with twice as many points as the runner up which included a kid with the 2nd fastest time in the 100 (behind DJ Allen) along with another kid winning the 200.  There were only 2 seniors on the track team.  Track speed doesn't necessarily translate to football speed but WO usually doesn't have much of either one.

I think WO, Atlanta, and Sabine will fight it out for the 3rd & 4th playoff spots but, admittedly, I don't know as much about Jefferson and New Boston.  

17 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

Gladewater

Tatum

White Oak

Sabine

Atlanta

Jefferson

New Boston

Gladewater, Tatum, White Oak, and Sabine all return a lot.  Not sure about the other 3 teams.  Should be an exciting season.

Predictions?

I see it as

Tatum 

Gladewater 

WO

sabine 

Atlanta

jefferson 

NB

Guest Tiger03lb
4 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

They lose their free safety, 1 LB, and 2-3 OL.  Other than that I think most of the main contributors return.  The difference in White Oak this year and last was having more speed than usual.  They won the district track meet last year with twice as many points as the runner up which included a kid with the 2nd fastest time in the 100 (behind DJ Allen) along with another kid winning the 200.  There were only 2 seniors on the track team.  Track speed doesn't necessarily translate to football speed but WO usually doesn't have much of either one.

I think WO, Atlanta, and Sabine will fight it out for the 3rd & 4th playoff spots but, admittedly, I don't know as much about Jefferson and New Boston.  

I see it being

GW/Tatum

WO

Atl

This district could come down to a tie. That would be something.

Guest Tiger03lb
30 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Why ATL over Sabine ?  Just curious?  

I feel like the new coach will get them going in the right direction, may win a few more games, maybe get 5-5 for the season. They could take the #3 spot if they fix a few things. Guess it's more of a gut feeling, from what I've looked up and seen so far. 

Guest Tiger03lb
5 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Speed? If Atlanta gels early, they could be in it for the DC. 

I wouldn't go that far. Speed only gets you so far, ask the jeffy folks.

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

I wouldn't go that far. Speed only gets you so far, ask the jeffy folks.

Naw, the speed part was for what Sabine will have to contend with. If Atlanta has plenty of talent coming back and moving up with the coaches they have and things go right for them, they could be contenders I believe. 

I’m interested in seeing what this senior class does. They are talented and have potential. For whatever reason things just didn’t click. Injuries didn’t help, but that’s part of the game. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a couple freshman on varsity as well. Also I hope Sharp can find another kicker roaming the halls. 

7 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I’m interested in seeing what this senior class does. They are talented and have potential. For whatever reason things just didn’t click. Injuries didn’t help, but that’s part of the game. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a couple freshman on varsity as well. Also I hope Sharp can find another kicker roaming the halls. 

Sabine will be solid but, like you have stated before, the lack of speed just makes the big play difficult for them on offense and susceptible to on defense.  To me, if they open up the passing game like they did the last game of the season then that would give them more big play capability.  If they just pound it with Burns, Branham, and Willege then I think they will struggle against quality teams.  My guess is Burns will be more confident with a year of QB under his belt and they will open up the offense more.  

22 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

@Bclove05How will Sabine be on the OL/DL this year?  Will the DE who hurt is knee be back?  

We will have to replace some kids. The DE kid that got hurt had surgery a couple weeks ago so I doubt he will be playing, but I can’t confirm that.

We had a pretty good JV last year so hopefully some of those kids can move up and make a difference. 

On 7/1/2021 at 10:14 AM, Eagleborn said:

Just from watching the LNJ video from photo shoot this district will have 11 district champions and 4 state champions. Lol

I haven’t seen it, but this is hilarious. I’m seeing a lot of talk from ole 1 and done GW after the Dave Campbells poll came out. 

2 hours ago, Racer55 said:

I haven’t seen it, but this is hilarious. I’m seeing a lot of talk from ole 1 and done GW after the Dave Campbells poll came out. 

Coaching is why they won’t win state. 

• LOL! 1

4 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Coaching is why they won’t win state. 

No one has said GW will win state. I do think we all believe we will have a very competitive team. There will be enough talent on the field to make a run no doubt. We have changed defensive coaches and hopefully that will help remedy some of the problems there. With that said we have a lot of things that will need to gel. A new Qb, new defensive scheme, and 3 or 4 spots to fill on the OL.