2021 District 6-3A Div. 1

Sportsjunkiee

Guest Tiger03lb
3 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

We are like a Bowl game to them I suppose. Speaking of 2018, If OB didn’t go down, GV would have 1 less title. 👀

You love stirring the pot don't you. Highly doubt y'all would have made it that far. 

Out of Gladewater, Tatum, Sabine, and Atlanta, the only one White Oak has at home is Gladewater.  Sabine has White Oak and Atlanta at home so that could benefit them.  

If Gladewater or Tatum play to their potential then I think they run the table against the rest of the district.  However, I also think Gladewater and Tatum have shown a tendency in the past to play down to the level of their competition.  This makes both of them vulnerable to Atlanta, White Oak, and Sabine in my opinion

We only return 2 in the secondary. #10 Bridges and #19 Dancy-Vasquez. 

Whole DL, 3 of 4 LBs, and 2 DBs return. 

The Fite Bros are 6'6 230 and 6'3 290 up front. Ward is the runt up there at 6'1 230. I feel the front 7 did a solid job against yalls run last year. Which unfortunately led to the DJ show. Returning 6 of the front 7 should make our front end pretty rowdy this year and I would hope we would have something in store for DJ this year, but I'm not on the staff so I dunno lol. 

We bring back our top performing WR along with D1 Boyd so Malone should have solid targets in his 3rd year as the starting QB. We graduated 2 very good backs but Smith is back and was tied for most rushing TDs with 10 and averaged 9.5 yards per carry. Norris will be back in rotation this year and we had a couple solid backs on JV last year. Offensive line should be solid. 

Should be a hell of a battle when Tatum/Gwater meet. Whole district seemed to return quite a bit. Should be a fun season. 

4 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

Which of the other district teams have the best chance to knock off Gladewater or Tatum?

Flip a coin.....Atlanta has the athletes and return 9 on offense. Sabine returns a ton on both sides, New Boston's offensive style makes them a thorn in your side. White Oak got better and return over half their squad. Jefferson lost the most.....not sure what they have moving up. On paper, Tatum and Gladewater seem to be the clear 1 and 2 but 3 and 4 looks to be a scrap yet again.

2 hours ago, coolbear99 said:

I kinda felt bad for my buddy dexter 

Dexter was a solid player for us. Just didn't have the wheels to one on one DJ. Both Dexter and Dalone did a great job for us. I wasn't knocking them.....I just had no other response lol 

2 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Dexter was a solid player for us. Just didn't have the wheels to one on one DJ. Both Dexter and Dalone did a great job for us. I wasn't knocking them.....I just had no other response lol 

Been knowing his family for over 2 decades he's a good kid and we had fun the last few years going at it.  Wish him nothing but the best 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

We only return 2 in the secondary. #10 Bridges and #19 Dancy-Vasquez. 

Whole DL, 3 of 4 LBs, and 2 DBs return. 

The Fite Bros are 6'6 230 and 6'3 290 up front. Ward is the runt up there at 6'1 230. I feel the front 7 did a solid job against yalls run last year. Which unfortunately led to the DJ show. Returning 6 of the front 7 should make our front end pretty rowdy this year and I would hope we would have something in store for DJ this year, but I'm not on the staff so I dunno lol. 

We bring back our top performing WR along with D1 Boyd so Malone should have solid targets in his 3rd year as the starting QB. We graduated 2 very good backs but Smith is back and was tied for most rushing TDs with 10 and averaged 9.5 yards per carry. Norris will be back in rotation this year and we had a couple solid backs on JV last year. Offensive line should be solid. 

Should be a hell of a battle when Tatum/Gwater meet. Whole district seemed to return quite a bit. Should be a fun season. 

Don’t forget about #11 Drake Walton. He came in and played very well and wasn’t afraid of contact. 

On 7/16/2021 at 8:46 PM, cotton84 said:

Atlanta lost a probable starting lineman to Waskom late spring/early summer that could hurt them. 

I know who you're talking about and that won't hurt. Other than maybe some depth at that position but it's not like they lost an all-district athlete.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

@Racer55you ok man? Too early in season to be disappearing. What about your sister @WOBooster? Ain’t heard from her in a while. 

Lol I’ve been on every other day now. I try to avoid some of the chatter and save it for the season. Looks like we’re gonna have a hard time with y’all and gwater ranked so high preseason. 

7 hours ago, Racer55 said:

Lol I’ve been on every other day now. I try to avoid some of the chatter and save it for the season. Looks like we’re gonna have a hard time with y’all and gwater ranked so high preseason. 

Maybe the softness of yalls preseason will boost confidence. 

5 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

He ain’t worried about football just yet. Still got a few more weekends to catch some fish 🎣 

Y’all Gwater folks better simmer down some. Them preseason polls going to those heads this year, but we all remember that 1 and done last year. 

• LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Y’all Gwater folks better simmer down some. Them preseason polls going to those heads this year, but we all remember that 1 and done last year. 

We were just trying to have something in common with y’all lol.