2021 District 6-3A Div. 1

Sportsjunkiee

54 minutes ago, coolbear99 said:

I know the playoffs aren't until next week but has anybody heard about any locations 

I think we lost the flip 2 years ago when we played Pottsboro. If we play them wouldn’t that mean we get to choose location this time or do they flip again? We ain’t used to playing the same team in the playoffs this close to each other. 🤣

13 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

In no brainer news of the day. Allen decommitted from TCU earlier. 

Actually he said he is opening his recruitment back up, but not decommitting yet.  I’d say it’s inevitable though depending on what happens in coming weeks.  Several interesting things going on with the schools who have offered.  UTSA undefeated and nationally ranked in top 20 and Traylor locked in contract extension, USC’s WR London out for the season and likely headed to NFL,  Baylor’s Coach a candidate for the LSU job, Arkansas not what we thought they were, Cincinnati currently ranked #2, etc.

51 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Actually he said he is opening his recruitment back up, but not decommitting yet.  I’d say it’s inevitable though depending on what happens in coming weeks.  Several interesting things going on with the schools who have offered.  UTSA undefeated and nationally ranked in top 20 and Traylor locked in contract extension, USC’s WR London out for the season and likely headed to NFL,  Baylor’s Coach a candidate for the LSU job, Arkansas not what we thought they were, Cincinnati currently ranked #2, etc.

Traylor isn't leaving UTSA and Aranda isn't going anywhere. Personally I would love for him to go to Baylor but the fact that he hasn't decommitted makes me think TCU is still at the top of his list. 

2 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Traylor isn't leaving UTSA and Aranda isn't going anywhere. Personally I would love for him to go to Baylor but the fact that he hasn't decommitted makes me think TCU is still at the top of his list. 

I agree on UTSA.  That’s why I said “Traylor locked in contract extension”.  But I disagree on the second.  Aranda will stay below the radar with the media until Baylor’s regular season is over.  He is a top 5 candidate and the only one with recent ties to LSU and their last taste of glory (2019).  Going to be hard for him to turn down what they will offer.

4 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Y’all don’t think Traylor will leave? Every major university can afford his buyout and UTSA knows this. They knew what they were doing. 

Yes they can, but I don’t think he will seriously be considered for LSU or TCU yet.  And the UTSA job may be better than the TT job at this point so why leave?

49 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I agree on UTSA.  That’s why I said “Traylor locked in contract extension”.  But I disagree on the second.  Aranda will stay below the radar with the media until Baylor’s regular season is over.  He is a top 5 candidate and the only one with recent ties to LSU and their last taste of glory (2019).  Going to be hard for him to turn down what they will offer.

Where did you see he was in their top 5? Last list I saw barely had him on it. I'm not sure LSU will wait that long. 

3 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

There are many lists out there.

Yes, I know and in the minutes since my last post I've seen 13 different list, including one put out yesterday and Aranda was on only 2 of those lists and no higher than #9. I thought maybe you  would have the list that had Aranda in top 5. Now, if that's only your opinion, that's fine. Everyone has one but your post gave me the ideal you knew for sure that Aranda was in top 5. Also, the only reason I said what I did about Traylor was the fact you said he was locked in contract extension negotiations. Fact is when you made your post the negotiations were already a done deal. Your post would lead people to believe you didn't know that. Should he still be in the discussion, yes, as is Aranda, but 1 list I saw also had Matt Rhule on it. Crazier things have happened. 

2 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Yes, I know and in the minutes since my last post I've seen 13 different list, including one put out yesterday and Aranda was on only 2 of those lists and no higher than #9. I thought maybe you  would have the list that had Aranda in top 5. Now, if that's only your opinion, that's fine. Everyone has one but your post gave me the ideal you knew for sure that Aranda was in top 5. Also, the only reason I said what I did about Traylor was the fact you said he was locked in contract extension negotiations. Fact is when you made your post the negotiations were already a done deal. Your post would lead people to believe you didn't know that. Should he still be in the discussion, yes, as is Aranda, but 1 list I saw also had Matt Rhule on it. Crazier things have happened. 

Here is one of many lists.  There are probably less than a dozen people who actually know the top 5 or top 10 candidates for the LSU job.  I am not in that 12.  On Traylor, I said contract “extension” not “extension negotiations”.  It’s a done deal.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sportsnaut.com/lsu-coaching-candidates-top-targets-coach-search/amp/

2 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I have a feeling wherever he goes, he’s going to want to stay close. 

• Like 1