2021 - 2022 SFA Thread

On 3/21/2022 at 12:07 PM, topher805 said:

Keller was a finalist for the Tulsa job, but they ended up going with Louisiana Tech's Eric Konkol.

Don't understand why he would be a finalist. His only real accomplishment is they beat Duke a year ago at Duke. But I guess if you are an Oklahoma team, that is a real good reason to hire someone. :rofl:

• LOL! 2

3 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

Don't understand why he would be a finalist. His only real accomplishment is they beat Duke a year ago at Duke. But I guess if you are an Oklahoma team, that is a real good reason to hire someone. :rofl:

I don’t expect Louisiana Tech to come calling, but I think someone will. Maybe North Texas?

• 3 weeks later...

From the SFA Facebook page:

President Scott Gordon and the university have mutually agreed that it is in the best interest of both parties for the employment relationship to end. The Board has appointed Dr. Steve Westbrook to serve as SFA’s interim president until a permanent president assumes the office.

The Board of Regents wishes to thank Dr. Gordon for his services and to acknowledge the accomplishments of his administration, including but not limited to, the university’s success in navigating the disruptions of the coronavirus pandemic, its establishment of a Distinguished High School Program, its progress towards the $100 million comprehensive capital campaign, its focus on engaging alumni, and its enhanced relations with community colleges and with both local and state businesses and political leaders.

SFA’s new interim president, Dr. Steve Westbrook, was first employed by the university in 1981, served as vice president for university affairs from 2007 to 2020, and was the university’s interim president following the death of former president Dr. Baker Pattillo until Dr. Gordon’s installation as university president. Since his retirement, Dr. Westbrook has continued to serve as an adjunct faculty member and in 2021 was designated by the Board as vice president for university affairs emeritus. He holds bachelor's and master's degrees from SFA and earned a doctorate in higher education leadership from Texas A&M University Commerce.

I liked Gordon, but more and more is coming out about how toxic the relationship was between Gordon and basically everyone else. Started with the faculty and filtered down to the students. 

All in all, this is a poop show in Nac right now...This all comes off the heels of Gordon leading a $100 million fundraising campaign. Hope they get who they want. There are some big issues on campus that need to be resolved.