Week One: Longview vs Denton Ryan

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Denton Ryan Raiders (0-0)  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/28/2021 at 06:00 PM

1 minute ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

When was the last time y’all were held to 10 points? Lol yall think this offense can only score 10?

A8C2A70F-C0DD-4FBE-8254-43FA635E80BC.jpeg

Obviously anything can happen, but it seems rather unlikely that Ryan manages to shut down Jalen Hale and DK Reese and Jartaivan Wright in the secondary, while at the same time bottling up Taylor Tatum and the Lobo backfield.

Not saying it's impossible, but it would seem that Longview would need to largely self-destruct (penalties, turnovers, etc.) in order to be held to just 10 points. 

10 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

When was the last time y’all were held to 10 points?

I mean we only scored 9 against Ryan last season lol.

But no, I don't see them holding us to only 10 points.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, LOL said:

Obviously anything can happen, but it seems rather unlikely that Ryan manages to shut down Jalen Hale and DK Reese and Jartaivan Wright in the secondary, while at the same time bottling up Taylor Tatum and the Lobo backfield.

Not saying it's impossible, but it would seem that Longview would need to largely self-destruct (penalties, turnovers, etc.) in order to be held to just 10 points. 

Yeah, I know I picked Ryan by a score...but they should not hold us to 10 this go around.

For one thing, they have no Bear. They still have a solid all around defense but...Bear was unblockable.

There's also too much versatility on this offense. Heck, if we were to win...I'd bet that the versaility was the deciding factor.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I mean we only scored 9 against Ryan last season lol.

But no, I don't see them holding us to only 10 points.

I couldn’t remember lol. But nah I don’t see that happening either, I would be suprised, I still think Ryan is the favorite but I don’t think they are as good as last year. 

12 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Yeah, I know I picked Ryan by a score...but they should not hold us to 10 this go around.

For one thing, they have no Bear. They still have a solid all around defense but...Bear was unblockable.

There's also too much versatility on this offense. Heck, if we were to win...I'd bet that the versaility was the deciding factor.

Yeah, I mean, if we play a clean game, I think we're a score better. Focus and execution is the difference. 

But a couple three-and-outs, a few stupid penalties, a turnover here and there...  Ryan takes it.  

15 minutes ago, ANTI said:

After rewatching some of the film of last season, and relistening to the entire audio, every single big play that was made was by a guy that has graduated for Ryan. No doubt they're going to be bringing back a ton of experience on defense, and they'll be talented again on offense, but point still stands.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Reminder -

Denton Ryan comes in riding a 59-game regular season winning streak, and a 15-game overall winning streak.

Dating back to 2015, the Raiders are 85-5.

All the more reason that it could end today! Has to happen sometime. Might as well be Longview!