Week One: Longview vs Denton Ryan

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Denton Ryan Raiders (0-0)  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/28/2021 at 06:00 PM

DR front 7 is ridiculous!!!! Hate to say it and hope im wrong but size the rings up for them boys, they picked up right where they left off last year.... Longview did good things but I just don't see a team beating Ryan this year, hope I'm wrong!! Safe travels lobos

4 minutes ago, bluetopper said:

Carthage, Paris, or Argyle might be available next year. 

Oh stop. We play the best to improve. The Ryan’s, the Allen’s of the world. I rather take a season opening beat down to help improve us than roll through everyone (ala Lancaster) only to fall in round 1/2.

Lobos are extremely young. We’ve said that all off season. We’ll be a new team come November. Are we beating Ryan in a rematch? No. But I don’t think anyone will beat them this year.

4 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Oh stop. We play the best to improve. The Ryan’s, the Allen’s of the world. I rather take a season opening beat down to help improve us than roll through everyone (ala Lancaster) only to fall in round 1/2.

Lobos are extremely young. We’ve said that all off season. We’ll be a new team come November. Are we beating Ryan in a rematch? No. But I don’t think anyone will beat them this year.

I was hoping everyone would ignore the troll lol

4 hours ago, gtee2 said:

2 scrimmages next year...please

I don’t ever remember a Lobo team getting man handled like this. 
I bet this don’t ever happen again. Coach King and staff will get those young men line out. 
All of East Texas are Lobo fans and pull for them. It makes East Texas better for them to be good at the higher levels. 

2 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I don’t ever remember a Lobo team getting man handled like this. 
I bet this don’t ever happen again. Coach King and staff will get those young men line out. 
All of East Texas are Lobo fans and pull for them. It makes East Texas better for them to be good at the higher levels. 

Sometimes the other guy is better than you. I thought this year would be different than last year's meeting. Boy was I dead wrong! Will we win 9-10 games this year...prolly so. But will we be able to beat the HP's and Ryan's this year...🤷🏾‍♂️. Right now it looks real feasible Legacy finally get W this year over Longview after 20 years. One thing for sure...we didn't deserve to be playing in primetime today.

• Like 1

I watched the game last night on TV. 
I have a different opinion after watching the game. 
The Lobo’s didn’t get hammered because DR was that dominant. 
You take out all of the rookie mistakes from first year starters and the Lobos are in this game. 
They had no problem moving the ball on DR, but fumbles and bad decisions throwing the ball (interception) or just pulling the ball down and taking off. 
Lobo QB has some wheels. 
This team may be the hunt for a state title next year when they have a full season under their belt.