Week One: Longview vs Denton Ryan

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Denton Ryan Raiders (0-0)  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/28/2021 at 06:00 PM

10 hours ago, kingwolf said:

They also got a 3 star D lineman in from PJP II private school.  With 14 returning starters they are going to be loaded and have a ton of depth...Tall order right out of the gate....

Yeah, no one is talking about it but Cam Robertson did indeed transfer in.

Will pretty much fill the DE position that Sanders had before he went off to UT. 

I agree, tall order out of the gate when you're cracking in a brand new OL and still haven't named QB1. I'll have more in depth thoughts after Friday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Yeah, no one is talking about it but Cam Robertson did indeed transfer in.

Will pretty much fill the DE position that Sanders had before he went off to UT. 

I agree, tall order out of the gate when you're cracking in a brand new OL and still haven't named QB1. I'll have more in depth thoughts after Friday.

Man would love to go to this but will be still out of town! 

good luck to the BOS!

12 hours ago, kingwolf said:

They also got a 3 star D lineman in from PJP II private school.  With 14 returning starters they are going to be loaded and have a ton of depth...Tall order right out of the gate....

Definitely a tall order, but (and I'm sure you do too) I love it.

See where we are right out of the gate and what we need to improve on. Would love this type of game every single season if it were possible.

Not gonna create a Texas High/Longview scrimmage thread, will just post everything here.

JV/Freshmen will scrimmage at 5 PM, Varsity at 7.

Looking forward to making the trek over to Texarkana. Haven't been there since 2009 I don't believe. Wasn't able to make it to the 2014 game that we had there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Not gonna create a Texas High/Longview scrimmage thread, will just post everything here.

JV/Freshmen will scrimmage at 5 PM, Varsity at 7.

Looking forward to making the trek over to Texarkana. Haven't been there since 2009 I don't believe. Wasn't able to make it to the 2014 game that we had there.

Give us some insight on what to expect next Friday after the scrimmage! 

29 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Yellow lids are provocative. They get the people going.

Sure, but Lobo fans are pretty intense about tradition. Doing a special "throwback" white helmet is acceptable. But a yellow helmet is a bridge too far. Lobo yellow/gold is always used as a trim or accent color, not the main color. 

The fanbase argues enough about the different shades of Lobo green (kelly green? forest green?).

A yellow helmet would probably get about the same reaction as going with a yellow jersey. 

Airplane-rioting

25 minutes ago, LOL said:

Sure, but Lobo fans are pretty intense about tradition. Doing a special "throwback" white helmet is acceptable. But a yellow helmet is a bridge too far. Lobo yellow/gold is always used as a trim or accent color, not the main color. 

The fanbase argues enough about the different shades of Lobo green (kelly green? forest green?).

A yellow helmet would probably get about the same reaction as going with a yellow jersey. 

Airplane-rioting

Already said this on twitter.....Our official colors are Green and White, with Gold. NOT GREEN AND GOLD. We are not Baylor colors. 

Fight me!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LOL said:

Sure, but Lobo fans are pretty intense about tradition. Doing a special "throwback" white helmet is acceptable.

Facts and facts.

I'm more than willing to say we're well past time to have a throw back White helmet from the 70s. Those things are sharp as can be.

But that yellow lid would cause a huge uproar amongst Lobo fans I feel.

• Like 1
  • Grumpy 1