Tyler High Vs Texas High

NODAYSOFFTX

27 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Ehh you sure? I think you will be surprised lol. 

Will you be surprised if Texas High wins big? 

Texas High returns most of their team from last year that went 10-0. 

JT is the one with something to prove. They were horrendous last season.

I hope they prove me wrong.  I much rather see East Texas 5A win than see them flounder. 

6 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

tyler high has the same skill players that can thing hard on Texas high as Crosby did.

It’s very possible.  I’m not saying it isn’t.

But I was at the Tyler /THS game last year and it was a pretty thorough whipping.

I have a hard time believing Texarkana is going to have any fall off from last year. In fact…they should be better this year.

But until Tyler proves they have made HUGE strides from last year, people are going to generally take the Tigers. They are the ones winning right now. 

Tyler didn’t win much last year. They need to make a statement for people to start picking them. 

JMHO

1 minute ago, Mavchamp said:

But I was at the Tyler /THS game last year and it was a pretty thorough whipping.

I have a hard time believing Texarkana is going to have any fall off from last year. In fact…they should be better this year.

But until Tyler proves they have made HUGE strides from last year, people are going to generally take the Tigers. They are the ones winning right now. 

Tyler didn’t win much last year. They need to make a statement for people to start picking them. 

JMHO

I’m not taking anything away from what Texas high last season. I fully understand that no one is going to pick Tyler High to win this game, but the winning has to start somewhere. Texas High was that big turn around game that JT needed back in the day when they started their big run to JT of old.

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

JMHO

Same thing happened 2018 y’all based everything off the 2017 season, I told y’all then that it wasn’t gonna be the same, people thought I was crazy for saying they were gonne win district and go far in the playoffs, most had us barley making the play offs, and look what happened.. district champs and a deep play off run after missing the playoffs. Last season Tyler didn’t have a quarterback, which was the only reason why they didn’t win, that’s with ANY TEAM. They have a quarterback now and a pretty good one, so don’t base last season on this season. It will NOT be the same, this team is pretty dang good. Also let’s not make it seem like TH has dominated Tyler forever they just got there first win in 10 seasons against us and now y’all want to act like they are just unbeatable lol. I’m not saying Tyler is too 5 team in the state right now but by the end of the season don’t be suprised if Tyler is one scariest teams in the playoffs. I have a lot of confidence in this team, they remind me of the 2018 squad. Which is why I feel the way I feel. 

56 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Same thing happened 2018 y’all based everything off the 2017 season, I told y’all then that it wasn’t gonna be the same, people thought I was crazy for saying they were gonne win district and go far in the playoffs, most had us barley making the play offs, and look what happened.. district champs and a deep play off run after missing the playoffs. Last season Tyler didn’t have a quarterback, which was the only reason why they didn’t win, that’s with ANY TEAM. They have a quarterback now and a pretty good one, so don’t base last season on this season. It will NOT be the same, this team is pretty dang good. Also let’s not make it seem like TH has dominated Tyler forever they just got there first win in 10 seasons against us and now y’all want to act like they are just unbeatable lol. I’m not saying Tyler is too 5 team in the state right now but by the end of the season don’t be suprised if Tyler is one scariest teams in the playoffs. I have a lot of confidence in this team, they remind me of the 2018 squad. Which is why I feel the way I feel. 

“so don’t base last season on this season”

“let’s not make it seem like TH has dominated Tyler forever they just got there first win in 10 seasons”

Cant have it both ways.  Either we CANNOT use past seasons and trends to predict now…. Or we CAN. 

You can’t use it when it’s convenient to making your point and toss it out when it doesn’t fit your narrative. 

You say it’s not the same Tyler team than last year. Fine. I say it’s not the same Texas High program JT was beating up on. 

Texarkana is ranked in some polls. Tyler isn’t even picked to make the playoffs by some.   So yeah… picking Texas High isn’t a hard conclusion to come to. 

Do you want a cookie for being right in 2018?  You’ve predicted a lot of wins since then and have been mostly wrong. 

I want Tyler to win.  I prefer ETX to be respected top to bottom.

But right now….. IMHO… Tyler is not at the level they want to be yet.  Texarkana is loaded.  Therefore my prediction… Tigers win comfortably. 

29 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

“so don’t base last season on this season”

“let’s not make it seem like TH has dominated Tyler forever they just got there first win in 10 seasons”

Cant have it both ways.  Either we CANNOT use past seasons and trends to predict now…. Or we CAN. 

You can’t use it when it’s convenient to making your point and toss it out when it doesn’t fit your narrative. 

You say it’s not the same Tyler team than last year. Fine. I say it’s not the same Texas High program JT was beating up on. 

Texarkana is ranked in some polls. Tyler isn’t even picked to make the playoffs by some.   So yeah… picking Texas High isn’t a hard conclusion to come to. 

Do you want a cookie for being right in 2018?  You’ve predicted a lot of wins since then and have been mostly wrong. 

I want Tyler to win.  I prefer ETX to be respected top to bottom.

But right now….. IMHO… Tyler is not at the level they want to be yet.  Texarkana is loaded.  Therefore my prediction… Tigers win comfortably. 

If like Texas high just say that 😂😂. This whole post still proved my point but carry on lol. 

no facts at all. 

but go ahead don’t come here and congratulating them when they win game just keep that same energy throughout that season that won’t do anything. 👍🏾

I’m pretty spot on in wins and losses so if the shoe fits wear it. 

We need more doubters it helps, I rather no one pick us than expect us to win, makes the payback better. 

2 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

If like Texas high just say that 😂😂. This whole post still proved my point but carry on lol. 

no facts at all. 

but go ahead don’t come here and congratulating them when they win game just keep that same energy throughout that season that won’t do anything. 👍🏾

We need more doubters it helps, I rather no one pick us than expect us to win, makes the payback better. 

I do like Texas High.  I have tremendous respect for their program.  Ive cheered them on at some of their playoff games several times through the years.

I also like Tyler High.  I have tremendous respect for their program.  I've cheered them on at some of their playoff games too..... even more than I have Texas High.

I can't help it if you are in your feels because I picked Texarkana to win.

But since you want some facts....here some:

1.  Texas High is returning the core of their offense.  Including QB McHenry, who is considered one of the top QB's in the class.  Their RB Stewart has already received offers from 6 BCS programs.  A huge OL and a couple of wide receivers that aren't shabby.

2.  Their defense is almost entirely intact with 7 returning starters and no less than 3-4 players getting D-1 attention.

3.  They were 11-0 before losing to a team that advanced all the way to the state championship last year.

4.  They are ranked #11 in the state by DFTF..... in the top 10 in others.

-----------------------

"I’m pretty spot on in wins and losses so if the shoe fits wear it"

You were (3-5) in picking Tyler games last year. 

You picked Tyler to beat Texas High last year.  (0-1)
You picked Tyler to beat Legacy last year.  (0-2)
Nac game was cancelled.  You got lucky.
You picked Tyler to beat Mesquite Horn last year (0-3)
You picked Tyler to beat McKinney North last year (0-4)
You didn't pick the Mesquite West game.  Should have.  Tyler won.
You picked Tyler to beat Wylie East last year.  (1-4)
You picked Highland Park last year.  (2-4)
You picked Sherman last year. (2-5)
You picked Longview last year. (3-5)

Did you pick better in 2019?  Not really.

Mesquite Horn you lost (0-1)
Tyler Lee you lost (0-2)
Longview you won (1-2)
You didn't pick the Euless Trinity game
Texas High you won (2-2)
Wylie East you won (3-2)
West Mesquite you won (4-2)
McKinney North you lost (4-3)
Mesquite Poteet you didn't pick
Sherman you lost (4-4)
College Station you lost (4-5)

That makes you (7-10) the last two seasons in Tyler games.

LACE THOSE SHOES UP AND WEAR THEM...... 

• LOL! 4

6 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

no facts at all. 

bruh, I get it. Its good to have faith in your team...but lets just take a wait and see approach this yr.  Past 2 yrs have been bad. 

by the way, I hope you are right about the Texas High game.

12 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I do like Texas High.  I have tremendous respect for their program.  Ive cheered them on at some of their playoff games several times through the years.

I also like Tyler High.  I have tremendous respect for their program.  I've cheered them on at some of their playoff games too..... even more than I have Texas High.

I can't help it if you are in your feels because I picked Texarkana to win.

But since you want some facts....here some:

1.  Texas High is returning the core of their offense.  Including QB McHenry, who is considered one of the top QB's in the class.  Their RB Stewart has already received offers from 6 BCS programs.  A huge OL and a couple of wide receivers that aren't shabby.

2.  Their defense is almost entirely intact with 7 returning starters and no less than 3-4 players getting D-1 attention.

3.  They were 11-0 before losing to a team that advanced all the way to the state championship last year.

4.  They are ranked #11 in the state by DFTF..... in the top 10 in others.

-----------------------

You were (3-5) in picking Tyler games last year. 

You picked Tyler to beat Texas High last year.  (0-1)
You picked Tyler to beat Legacy last year.  (0-2)
Nac game was cancelled.  You got lucky.
You picked Tyler to beat Mesquite Horn last year (0-3)
You picked Tyler to beat McKinney North last year (0-4)
You didn't pick the Mesquite West game.  Should have.  Tyler won.
You picked Tyler to beat Wylie East last year.  (1-4)
You picked Highland Park last year.  (2-4)
You picked Sherman last year. (2-5)
You picked Longview last year. (3-5)

Did you pick better in 2019?  Not really.

Mesquite Horn you lost (0-1)
Tyler Lee you lost (0-2)
Longview you won (1-2)
You didn't pick the Euless Trinity game
Texas High you won (2-2)
Wylie East you won (3-2)
West Mesquite you won (4-2)
McKinney North you lost (4-3)
Mesquite Poteet you didn't pick
Sherman you lost (4-4)
College Station you lost (4-5)

That makes you (7-10) the last two seasons in Tyler games.

LACE THOSE SHOES UP AND WEAR THEM...... 

I like how you left out 2018 to fit your agenda but go ahead I will wear them HAPPILY lol. I’m not afraid like some of the other guys on here to talk. So we can go all day, bud. And to second your statement about Texas high, Texas high is a very strong program and has a really good team this year also, but just they were good last year doesn’t mean the same will happen this year. Yea their ranked in the state, so was Tyler in 2019 they were ranked #6 in the state and only won 2 games so that doesn’t hold much weight to me. I don’t buy the hype until the game starts. 

9 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

bruh, I get it. Its good to have faith in your team...but lets just take a wait and see approach this yr.  Past 2 yrs have been bad. 

by the way, I hope you are right about the Texas High game.

Yea I know the past two have been bad but bruh Texas high gets one good year finally now MAV acts like they are the god father team of east Texas 5A like we haven’t  dominated this team for the last decade lol. They were dang near throwing a party in the interview after the game last year cause they were so happy to beat us finally lol. That holds weight. 

45 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

so was Tyler in 2019 they were ranked #6 in the state and only won 2 games

I feel like the only one that didn't see Tyler being down coming in Tyler was DCTF. Cause that writing was on the wallllll.

13 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I feel like the only one that didn't see Tyler being down coming in Tyler was DCTF. Cause that writing was on the wallllll.

Hence why I never understand why people look into previous seasons. DCTF Bases there WHOLE magazine off of last season and put no complete facts in it, half of the teams in the top 10 of each class probably won’t be in there by the end of the season and most of these district predictions won’t even be close to correct by the end of the season. Idk maybe it’s just me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Yea I know the past two have been bad but bruh Texas high gets one good year finally now MAV acts like they are the god father team of east Texas 5A like we haven’t  dominated this team for the last decade lol. They were dang near throwing a party in the interview after the game last year cause they were so happy to beat us finally lol. That holds weight. 

I get it. Last yr Texas High has their best team in quite sometime with lots of returning players and Cujo had one of its worst teams breaking in alot of new guys. BUT, their program is trending in the right direction and Tyler seems to be trending the other way.  On paper, Cujo should be much better this yr, but I got to see it first. 

16 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I get it. Last yr Texas High has their best team in quite sometime with lots of returning players and Cujo had one of its worst teams breaking in alot of new guys. BUT, their program is trending in the right direction and Tyler seems to be trending the other way.  On paper, Cujo should be much better this yr, but I got to see it first. 

I won’t disagree with that. 
I think both will be better from last season. 
2-3 games into the season I could have very different takes on either or both. 
That’s a given in HS football.  Good/bad things happen that can make or break a season. 

• Like 1

we will all know more after Friday. Longview will give thigh all they want. 
if thigh can find an oline they will be prob be pretty dang good this year. Qb worked hard to be named the starter last year, looks to be carrying over to this year.

Thigh looks the part on defense again this year. The biggest liability last year was the secondary so that will be a question mark (great test this week.) The  Dline is led by Texas commit Dbrown with another end who has gotten a few offers this summer as well.  both linebackers return so I do see this defense being the anchor of the team for a few weeks.  

On 8/16/2021 at 9:24 AM, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I don’t think they are are The Godfather of East Texas 5A.  They are just better than Tyler. 

You seem bothered by that.  I’m sorry I’m not making you feel warm and fuzzy. 

But this is a team that beat you by 3 scores last year.  A team that’s not only intact, but improved. 

I don’t care if you beat them 100 times before last year.  They owned you last year. They are better this year… and I believe they will own you again this year. 

If you want warm and fuzzies I suggest you go to church.

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

I don’t think they are are The Godfather of East Texas 5A.  They are just better than Tyler. 

You seem bothered by that.  I’m sorry I’m not making you feel warm and fuzzy. 

But this is a team that beat you by 3 scores last year.  A team that’s not only intact, but improved. 

I don’t care if you beat them 100 times before last year.  They owned you last year. They are better this year… and I believe they will own you again this year. 

If you want warm and fuzzies I suggest you go to church.

I just hope your here win or loss lol. I’ll be here win or loss. 

all in all, I just hope the outcome is great, if we win, which is what I hope for great, if not I just want it to be respectable.