Tyler High Vs Texas High

NODAYSOFFTX

I've been critical of Coach Holmes on several things, but Is he supposed to say they are terrible. 

Coach just trying to talk up his kids, that's all. No different than a parent putting a picture of one of their kids on FB and saying they are the best son/daughter in the world. 

I think he has full confidence in either one of them getting the job done.   Whether they can or not, we will see. 

For a man to be so disliked, he sure has alot of twitter followers

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I've been critical of Coach Holmes on several things, but Is he supposed to say they are terrible. 

Coach just trying to talk up his kids, that's all. No different than a parent putting a picture of one of their kids on FB and saying they are the best son/daughter in the world. 

I think he has full confidence in either one of them getting the job done.   Whether they can or not, we will see. 

For a man to be so disliked, he sure has alot of twitter followers

No what he did was flat out lie, win a game first . Lol we just like to see what type of crazy stuff he is going to tweet. 

58 minutes ago, 903GUY91 said:

No what he did was flat out lie, win a game first . Lol we just like to see what type of crazy stuff he is going to tweet. 

so of all the things you could be doing in life, you choose to follow a person on twitter just to critique them.....OK.

Again, he captured a nice moment on camera of his two qb's embracing each other.  All he was doing was giving some coach speech or hyperbole to the guys.   He didn't say they were the best he said they were two OF THE BEST.  They haven't played a game this yr, so who knows, it could be true.   

But again, who cares whether they are or not.  As a coach, he should talk up his players.  If you a confident person, you suppose to think you are the best at what you do.  I don't know anyone going around saying they are the 100th best person at something.    

12 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

so of all the things you could be doing in life, you choose to follow a person on twitter just to critique them.....OK.

Again, he captured a nice moment on camera of his two qb's embracing each other.  All he was doing was giving some coach speech or hyperbole to the guys.   He didn't say they were the best he said they were two OF THE BEST.  They haven't played a game this yr, so who knows, it could be true.   

But again, who cares whether they are or not.  As a coach, he should talk up his players.  If you a confident person, you suppose to think you are the best at what you do.  I don't know anyone going around saying they are the 100th best person at something.    

Understand what you are but are saying but I think the consensus is that Holmes ain’t got it done the last few years, and he done some questionable things that made the program take a turn for the worst the last few years. You go from 2018 and 4 rounds deep to back to back two win seasons and your out here acting like we haven’t part of the laughing stock of east Texas recently. We need to win before you we are the best at anything. Heck he needs to win Friday first lol. That looks unlikely if he does the total opposite of what he is supposed to do, which is START ELI, but he won’t because it’s Holmes we are talking about. It’s been years since he has done something close to correct. 

18 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Coach Holmes is that you my friend lol 

7 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

you must be new to Smoaky?  

Naw I’m not but you going to bat so hard for someone that’s not even gonna start the best guy on Friday but we are supposed to praise him like some God! Win Friday and then we can go from there. 

5 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Understand what you are but are saying but I think the consensus is that Holmes ain’t got it done the last few years, and he done some questionable things that made the program take a turn for the worst the last few years. You go from 2018 and 4 rounds deep to back to back two win seasons and your out here acting like we haven’t part of the laughing stock of east Texas recently. We need to win before you we are the best at anything. Heck he needs to win Friday first lol. That looks unlikely if he does the total opposite of what he is supposed to do, which is START ELI, but he won’t because it’s Holmes we are talking about. It’s been years since he has done something close to correct. 

bruh, I'm with you. I think he would agree that he hasn't got it done. You know I've been very critical of coach the past few yrs on here.    I also agree that Eli should start.  

I just don't agree with the critique about him saying his two qb's are two of the best in the country for all the reasons I stated above.  I guarantee you can find many more coaches who have and do say say the same thing about their players. And many of those players aren't going to play college ball.  At least these two will likely play on Saturday's.   This is what coaches do. They hype up their players. 

2 minutes ago, 903GUY91 said:

Naw I’m not but you going to bat so hard for someone that’s not even gonna start the best guy on Friday but we are supposed to praise him like some God! Win Friday and then we can go from there. 

What? Now you just making up stuff to try to win your argument, because I didn't say or suggest that you should "praise him like a God".    I'm defending his comment about his players, not him as a coach.  Ask any Cujo fan on here or better yet, go search any of my past comments and you will see how critical I have been of Coach Holmes.  I have even suggested that they move on from him.    So try again. 

43 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

What? Now you just making up stuff to try to win your argument, because I didn't say or suggest that you should "praise him like a God".    I'm defending his comment about his players, not him as a coach.  Ask any Cujo fan on here or better yet, go search any of my past comments and you will see how critical I have been of Coach Holmes.  I have even suggested that they move on from him.    So try again. 

So you agree with telling players before they even win a game for you that there the best player in the country? Kinda seems like your setting your places up for a big let down if the season doesn’t play out like he thinks it will. 

1 hour ago, 903GUY91 said:

So you agree with telling players before they even win a game for you that there the best player in the country? Kinda seems like your setting your places up for a big let down if the season doesn’t play out like he thinks it will. 

well these kids have played on varsity before and telling your kids they are very good doesn't mean they will go 10-0.  Kitan Crawford was one of the best players in the country a couple yrs ago for JT and that team wasn't good at all. 

Just typical coach hype. I don't have a problem with it. Alot of coaches do it.  So on to T-High.