OU/Texas & The SEC

Stoney

Withholding my opinions here, this is what I gathered that could hold this move up:

1) State legislature-  any move like this that Texas makes needs some type of ok from state government.  

2) TV contracts-  I’ve seen that the b12 owns the TV revenue of all B12 schools through 2025.  Not sure what this means… could mean FOX still airs B12 games with OU and Texas and they still dip in the B12 pot and not get SEC money until 2025… above my pay grade to figure that mess out.

3) LHN-  this should not be an issue.  ESPN has the SEC contract… channel might get absorbed, channel might get expanded… either way, could be used as an asset in this move.

4) SEC presidents-  doesn’t look like they will block this move, but A&M is calling this a breach of their “gentlemen’s agreement” with the SEC and will try to sell that to block this move.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Withholding my opinions here, this is what I gathered that could hold this move up:

1) State legislature-  any move like this that Texas makes needs some type of ok from state government.  

2) TV contracts-  I’ve seen that the b12 owns the TV revenue of all B12 schools through 2025.  Not sure what this means… could mean FOX still airs B12 games with OU and Texas and they still dip in the B12 pot and not get SEC money until 2025… above my pay grade to figure that mess out.

3) LHN-  this should not be an issue.  ESPN has the SEC contract… channel might get absorbed, channel might get expanded… either way, could be used as an asset in this move.

4) SEC presidents-  doesn’t look like they will block this move, but A&M is calling this a breach of their “gentlemen’s agreement” with the SEC and will try to sell that to block this move.

A&M left the Big 12 for the SEC without any problems. Why can’t UT leave the conference the same way A&M did?

Clue - Wet and JF won’t like the answer from MavGrad and everyone who isn’t an Aggie.

6 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Not a chance. Texas and OU aren’t waiting 5 years. They’ll structure a deal to get out of their contracts.

If this is as far down the road as we’re being told, I’m sure the top brass at both schools has considered the cost of getting out of their contract and probably budgeted for it. 

• Like 1

So if the Big12 does collapse, which is what losing OU and UT would lead to, what happens to the rest of the schools? I can see the ACC collecting WVU and adding Notre Dame with them to get to 16 teams. Iowa State, Kansas and Kansas State are well suited for the Big10, as is OK State. How many of those would make that move? Where does that leave TTU, TCU and Baylor? Could we see conferences expand to 20 teams? Would it mean more B12 schools to the SEC? Would the AAC expand as well? Lots of what-ifs here. 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

So if the Big12 does collapse, which is what losing OU and UT would lead to, what happens to the rest of the schools? I can see the ACC collecting WVU and adding Notre Dame with them to get to 16 teams. Iowa State, Kansas and Kansas State are well suited for the Big10, as is OK State. How many of those would make that move? Where does that leave TTU, TCU and Baylor? Could we see conferences expand to 20 teams? Would it mean more B12 schools to the SEC? Would the AAC expand as well? Lots of what-ifs here. 

The PAC and B10 will take the ones they want, the rest will be a free for all

13 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

What would be the most Aggie thing ever is if they get booted from the SEC for leaking the intel in the hopes of either or both Texas and Oklahoma lawmakers putting a stop to the schools leaving the Big 12 and joining the SEC.

If it is proven A&M leaked the info to the media and the SEC had asked all schools to keep it quiet yet A&M went against those instructions in order to kill the deal out of selfish reasons you’d think the SEC conference would have a leg to stand on in court.

A&M - Out

Oklahoma, Oklahoma State & Texas - In

People would lose their minds.

This is about as likely as Trump being reinstated lol 

I hope it does not happen...but Im sure that it will. Too much $$$$ involved for it not to. In football OU can go from being the king of the Big 12 to the 3rd best team in the SEC...and Texas can be the 6th or 7th best team in the SEC. Idk if the Big 12 would try to hang on with the existing members...or try to bring in new members when there is no one out there that can replace Texas and OU's brand...or if this would cause the remaining B12 members to scatter like a covey of quail for other conferences.

27 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

I hope it does not happen...but Im sure that it will. Too much $$$$ involved for it not to. In football OU can go from being the king of the Big 12 to the 3rd best team in the SEC...and Texas can be the 6th or 7th best team in the SEC. Idk if the Big 12 would try to hang on with the existing members...or try to bring in new members when there is no one out there that can replace Texas and OU's brand...or if this would cause the remaining B12 members to scatter like a covey of quail for other conferences.

I think they will scatter.

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

Texas and TAMU couldn’t have operated like this, because of A&M’s inferiority complex with UT.

Heck, even the SEC brass knows how bad the Aggies are about UT, apparently purposely kept this deal secret from them, because they knew the Aggies couldn’t handle it.