OU/Texas & The SEC

Stoney

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Don’t go full Aggie. 

Fully Aggy? 😂 Why? A team that could face some mix of Bama, LSU, Auburn, A&M, OU, Texas, Georgia, Florida in a season should have a higher status than who the ACC or Big 10 is playing.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Fully Aggy? 😂 Why? A team that could face some mix of Bama, LSU, Auburn, A&M, OU, Texas, Georgia, Florida in a season should have a higher status than who the ACC or Big 10 is playing.

Yeah….I was being mean, sorry. I definitely agree at team that plays that group of teams or most of them and comes out with a strong W-L record against then should garner more respect than an ACC or Big 10 team. However, you said whoever wins the SEC should just be given the national title and I disagree.

11 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Yes he absolutely knew. These talks have been going on for at least 6 months. Sark was hired after the National Championship game in January. 

I figured as much. Makes the hiring of Sark so much more clear than it already was.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

And y’all do the same thing against the Aggies just saying..... 

who? 
Oklahoma brings up preWW2 stats against the Aggies? Seriously? 
It doesn’t matter what generation you bring up of A&M vs OU the results are the same. Sooners have always owned the Aggies. 

On 7/23/2021 at 9:00 PM, trueblue82 said:

That depends on the volume of SEC! SEC!SEC! chants we hear out of Austin and Norman. I bet LOL is practicing his as we speak. 

Bookmark this post...   you will never hear me: 

1.) Chant S-E-C at any game or on this message board. That will not happen. Ever. 

2.) Celebrate the accomplishment of another conference team as our own. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, LOL said:

Bookmark this post...   you will never hear me: 

1.) Chant S-E-C at any game or on this message board. That will not happen. Ever. 

2.) Celebrate the accomplishment of another conference team as our own. 

That’s an everyone but Bama coping mechanism. 

“We #### , but man the dudes that pushed up our stool are really awesome!

SEC! SEC! SEC! “

- A&M, Ark,  and soon to be whorns! 

52 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

who? 
Oklahoma brings up preWW2 stats against the Aggies? Seriously? 
It doesn’t matter what generation you bring up of A&M vs OU the results are the same. Sooners have always owned the Aggies. 

You can't let Lion get to you, man. He has trouble communicating his points and certainly doesn't represent what most A&M fans think on this board. He exists so that db (the Texas version of him) can get into a #### match of social dominance in their little sand castle while the big boys talk college football like adults. Don't join them in their sand castle. 

• LOL! 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 7/23/2021 at 10:11 PM, Red90fly said:

Any side claiming "we will smoke them for so and so many years" is just being a die hard fan.  We've seen over and over what happens in rivalry games in college football.  Oregon State beat the Ducks just this past season.  Auburn gets Bama' more than you would think.  A pitiful Arkansas has been yards away from beating a&m multiple times.  For goodness sakes, a Charlie Strong Texas team with Jerrod Heard at QB beat an OU playoff team.

This. 

While general tendencies will remain, there is nothing certain in college football. Twi years ago LSU had one of the most dominant offenses in college football history, and now...  Alabama in the pre-Saban years was hit or miss (though mostly hit)...  Florida had it's time to be dominant...  things cann and will change. 

Just now, LOL said:

This. 

While general tendencies will remain, there is nothing certain in college football. Twi years ago LSU had one of the most dominant offenses in college football history, and now...  Alabama in the pre-Saban years was hit or miss (though mostly hit)...  Florida had it's time to be dominant...  things cann and will change. 

Yep. It's all cyclical. It ebbs and flows. There is too much of an element of randomness and every week any team could be beat.

• Like 1