OU/Texas & The SEC

Stoney

34 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

The bickering between Texas and A&M fans on here, twitter, and every other message board is getting really old and nauseating. I'm all for playful ribbing and trash talk, but some people take it wayyyyy too seriously to the point its just toxic.

I'm excited to play A&M again. I get to make road trips with my family Aggies and Aggie friends to Austin and CS like old times. We hate each others teams but always enjoy the company. 

Relax, peeps.

Oh yeah I enjoy the company of all of you. 

Except one lol. 🤣

• LOL! 1

I was trying to find some recruiting numbers to compare Texas and OU to the other SEC schools over the last 4 years. I don’t know about the other teams but I know Texas classes ranked 3,3,8,15 over that span. Now these class ranks for Texas are a bit of fools gold, a lot of that first class has moved on to the NFL or transferred and that second class had some transfers and medical retirements. 
I did find this chart for the last 4 classes. 
0A382E9C-1695-4D25-8DA7-FFA54D4CBF25.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Did you see the Big12-4 commish statement today? Cease and desist order to Espn I think. 

Yep, it's hilarious, and I think it's only gonna get crazier as this deal continues to evolve...

34 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Now the AAC is in this mess. 🤦🏾‍♂️ Good grief. 

There were the Clemson and FSU rumors so maybe “The Mouse” is collecting football teams like infinity stones, just waiting for the snap to end the NCAA. I’ve heard of Mickey Mouse teams before.

• LOL! 3

20 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

LolLol….. Did they send a letter to Texas and Oklahoma. It’s like an ex girlfriend sending a letter to your current girlfriend that she needs to leave you because she loves you more.

Jolene kinda stuff

9 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

The bickering between Texas and A&M fans on here, twitter, and every other message board is getting really old and nauseating. I'm all for playful ribbing and trash talk, but some people take it wayyyyy too seriously to the point its just toxic.

I'm excited to play A&M again. I get to make road trips with my family Aggies and Aggie friends to Austin and CS like old times. We hate each others teams but always enjoy the company. 

Relax, peeps.

Why do you think real Aggie fans were fine with leaving the Big 12? There's a difference between a "good-natured" rivalry (Remember the support after the Bonfire collapse?) and t-sips who eventually got to the point they wanted a more Alabama/Auburn-type toxicity.

Aaannndd, *Cue the narcissistic Longhorn replies*

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

Why do you think real Aggie fans were fine with leaving the Big 12? There's a difference between a "good-natured" rivalry (Remember the support after the Bonfire collapse?) and t-sips who eventually got to the point they wanted a more Alabama/Auburn-type toxicity.

I personally don’t like a super toxic rivalry. 

I love going to Carthage games and talking to opposing teams’ fans before and after the game. 

I feel the same way about college football, I want a good healthy rivalry, but I don’t want to get shot at over it, ha!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I love going to Carthage games and talking to opposing teams’ fans before and after the game. 

I feel the same way about college football, I want a good healthy rivalry, but I don’t want to get shot at over it, ha!

I don’t think anybody wants a toxic rivalry.  There are just some that can dish out a good ribbing, but can’t take one.  

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I feel the same way about the Mississippi schools, but apparently Mizzou wants to be our rival. 🙄

There’s been a long standing “gentleman’s agreement” in the SEC with regard to expansion. To appease Florida, FSU and Miami were considered off limits, as was Georgia Tech after they left the league in the 60s. That was to keep UGA happy. South Carolina was told the same thing concerning Clemson when the Gamecocks came on board in 1992. I had assumed that A&M was given the same promise when they joined up. If that gentleman’s agreement has been relegated to file 13 as we’re looking at a new round of conference expansion and realignment, things could get really interesting over on the east coast if the SEC is indeed looking at completely taking over the sport. I don’t know that that is what they are trying to do. I personally like the idea of 4 16-team conferences with similar scheduling rules. I would love to see everyone playing a 9 game conference schedule with at least one major OOC game per year. That still leaves room for one cupcake to appease the people who say that the FCS programs can’t survive without the big paycheck they get from being sacrificed on the altar of the power programs. I would be totally ok with going to a 11 game, power conference only schedule, and using the extra TV revenue to prop up the FCS. Just imagine everyone in the SEC playing 10 conference games then playing someone from the ACC, Big10+6, or the PAC12+4. Big games every week. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Oh... we decided that? Care to explain?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, topher805 said:

Just  glancing at  this letter   is  weird     because it   has spacing  errors   and  things that   seem they  would have been  caught in  an   important  professional   letter that   would    definitely be  published   everywhere. If I was super angry and firing off an email or something to a girlfriend that I found out had just cheated on me, without thinking, spell checking or grammerly-ing...then it may not look so good.