OU/Texas & The SEC

Stoney

On 8/3/2021 at 4:03 PM, DaveTV1 said:

I'm totally different.  I love when they're intense, and the teams truly hate each other.  The players hit harder and try to make big plays.  Even if it's a blowout things can get heated.  I don't like rivalries where the teams like each other.

Not talking about the teams.

14 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Dang it, why are all these teams doing these wimpy videos?

I was going to say at least not A&M, then I remembered the white boy Justin Bieber safety doing his dance. 🤦🏻‍♂️ I don’t get it. These kids today are different.

• Like 1

They're pretty rare. Probably because they're (a product of their time) not politically correct.

I've only seen these things in person once, that was a baby boomer co-worker/TCU grad who bought one from the college bookstore back in the day and kept it framed in his office.  

50 minutes ago, LOL said:

They're pretty rare. Probably because they're (a product of their time) not politically correct.

I've only seen these things in person once, that was a baby boomer co-worker/TCU grad who bought one from the college bookstore back in the day and kept it framed in his office.  

ORIGINAL Print 1969 BIG 10 FAMILY PORTRAIT Vintage College Football Mascot  RARE! | #1748604075

So cool. Here's big 10

• Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 4:28 PM, LOL said:

Interesting...   why are they so hated? I can't remember the last time they were nationally relevant, even when they had the Manning boy. 

Honestly, I think that the two Mississippi schools (Ole Miss and Miss State) were the last two major universities in the country to integrate.  Their football programs have never recovered from the stigma (some would say well deserved) they received from resisting integration. Ole Miss had some really good years, especially when Archie Manning was there. Miss State has never been a consistent contender. 

On 8/18/2021 at 5:34 PM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I think Oklahoma stands a better chance at being what they’re accustomed to than Texas. I could see the basement still bring ten wins. Texas will be comparable to what the Aggies have been. Oklahoma won’t win as much because of stiffer competition. It will be interesting seeing them play in the sec as just another team and not the big dog .I don’t believe either will be atrocious. Basement should always be ten wins. 

The basement is absolutely lower than that... And no OU will not be what they are accustomed. They have won 14 out of 24 conference championships since the formation of the big 12 including 6 straight.  They are highly unlikely to see that type of success in the sec because even Bama on their amazing run hasn't seen that much success. They will not be a worse team but they won't be winning as many trophies as they have been either. The highs will be higher and more rewarding but they will be fewer and farther between. 

6 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Honestly, I think that the two Mississippi schools (Ole Miss and Miss State) were the last two major universities in the country to integrate.  Their football programs have never recovered from the stigma (some would say well deserved) they received from resisting integration. Ole Miss had some really good years, especially when Archie Manning was there. Miss State has never been a consistent contender. 

I thought LSU was the last one? Either way the miss schools are right there with them. 

On 8/18/2021 at 5:34 PM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I think Oklahoma stands a better chance at being what they’re accustomed to than Texas. I could see the basement still bring ten wins. Texas will be comparable to what the Aggies have been. Oklahoma won’t win as much because of stiffer competition. It will be interesting seeing them play in the sec as just another team and not the big dog .I don’t believe either will be atrocious. Basement should always be ten wins. 

OU will be big dog. They come in as the 2nd best program in the SEC.