OU/Texas & The SEC

Stoney

4 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Super conference everyone doing it lol. The big ten couldn’t care less as long as Ohio st is happy. Ou and Texas is in for a rude awakening if they think they will be the big fish . 

Has anybody said anything about big fish?

Baylor conjuring the spirit of Anne Richards as we speak.

Texas Tech is at the clinic trying to get Raider Rash cleared up and haven’t heard the news.

T. Boone Pickens android body is fixing to go full T-1000 on the state of Oklahoma.

K-State, Iowa State are in the corner, Sixteen Candles style, waiting on their Ducky to recognize them.

TCU hasn’t come down off Friday nights binge to understand what’s going on.

WVU thinks this is totally methed up.

99.9% of Kansas fans didn’t know they still had a football team.

• LOL! 2

On 7/21/2021 at 6:43 PM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I will believe sleepy joe had 80 million before I believe this fake news. Ridiculous . I could see Ou however .

And this is why you are the way you are.

There was never anything fake about this.

• LOL! 1
  • Grumpy 1

I hope if Texas & Oklahoma are admitted to the SEC they schedule at least 9 conference games. My thoughts are you play every team in your pod and 2 teams in each of the other 3 pods. 
Pod 1 (A) OU, A&M (B) Texas, Missouri

Pod 2 (A) Miss, Arkansas (B) Miss St, LSU

Pod 3 (A) Tennessee, Kentucky (B) Vandy, S Carolina

Pod 4 (A) Alabama, Florida (B) Auburn, Georgia

Every 4 years you would play everyone at home. Conference Championship game would be determined by best record of A & B schedules. Don’t get caught up in which schools are A or B. Only thing I would like is not having two schools in the same state in the same conference. 

1 minute ago, bordertown said:

I hope if Texas & Oklahoma are admitted to the SEC they schedule at least 9 conference games. My thoughts are you play every team in your pod and 2 teams in each of the other 3 pods. 
Pod 1 (A) OU, A&M (B) Texas, Missouri

Pod 2 (A) Miss, Arkansas (B) Miss St, LSU

Pod 3 (A) Tennessee, Kentucky (B) Vandy, S Carolina

Pod 4 (A) Alabama, Florida (B) Auburn, Georgia

Every 4 years you would play everyone at home. Conference Championship game would be determined by best record of A & B schedules. Don’t get caught up in which schools are A or B. Only thing I would like is not having two schools in the same state in the same conference. 

I’d rather everyone in the same division pay the same teams. 

Anyway now that this is basically a done deal, a few things will be interesting to watch:

1. What other conferences do to keep up with the SEC

2. Watching schools like Baylor and TCU scramble before ultimately settling in to the lower division outside of a power conference

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WETSU said:

I'm going to need more sources confirming that before I actually believe it. But if its true then it doesn't really change much. A&M never was or will be part of the "club" in the sec. Texas and ou won't either for that matter. This, like the last time, is about money. The original sec big boys will do as they please with any of the new additions. 

So you are partners in business with 13 other guys. Those 13 have been discussing a merger with 2 new partners for six months behind your back and you don’t think the 2 new partners will be included in future “club” decisions? I’m betting they will be. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I’d rather everyone in the same division pay the same teams. 

Anyway now that this is basically a done deal, a few things will be interesting to watch:

1. What other conferences do to keep up with the SEC

2. Watching schools like Baylor and TCU scramble before ultimately settling in to the lower division outside of a power conference

Those guys are about to have a reckoning that is not going to be fun.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

You must not be a true horn fan. The Sense of entitlement is second nature. Arrogance to no end. 

So no, you can’t quote any fan saying it.  That’s what I thought.  

Lion, you said no way this happens.  It’s happening.  Wrong twice in one thread.  

• Roll Eyes 1

On 7/22/2021 at 10:13 AM, JohnnyFootball said:

They can scramble all they want, but who takes them? The PAC or B1G wouldn't accept a lot of those schools because of academics, the SEC would be full.... 

Tech & TCU to the Pac-12, Kansas & Iowa St to the B1G, Okie lite to the ACC or Pac-12? WVa to the ACC. Baylor & K State are probably the odd men out.

14 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

If this is as far down the road as we’re being told, I’m sure the top brass at both schools has considered the cost of getting out of their contract and probably budgeted for it. 

If the Big 12 dissolves after this year there won't be a contract to exit from.

46 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Ok, so y’all leaked it. 

They could have leaked it at any point... Long before it got to this point even. It was leaked, but if the schools were to the point of giving a exit letter to the big 12 as early as next week, its already so far in they feel confident its done.

5 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Big XII is done......now for the fun of watching where they all end up.....

Okie State, Baylor and TCU are the big losers in the Big 12 .... Aggy the big loser in the SEC .... tru storie .....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

1 hour ago, Baron said:

Tech & TCU to the Pac-12, Kansas & Iowa St to the B1G, Okie lite to the ACC or Pac-12? WVa to the ACC. Baylor & K State are probably the odd men out.

If PAC 12 want to get to 14, I think they take Tech and Ok St. Suspect Iowa blocks Iowa St, but welcome Kansas. WVA to ACC. I personally hate it for TCU, Baylor and Iowa St. They have invested in their athletic facilities and their athletic programs. In the latest Director’s Cup, Baylor ranked 29th Iowa St 38th and TCU 45th. As a frame of reference, their programs are ranked higher than Missouri (48), Auburn (50), Vandy (56), and Mississippi St (59). The two dog programs in the Big 12 are Kansas (82) and K State (139). Kansas gets a pass because of basketball. It will be a mess.