Jump to content

OU/Texas & The SEC


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

Jimbo wins 3 of the first 4 and A&M maintains Jimbos top 6-7 classes despite Texas joining the conference. 

The biggest factor is titles. Whichever wins the sec first of the two will have a lot of momentum. 

 

It seemed to me your reference to choke hold was immediate, My apologies if that was wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Jimbo, Slimbo, ceased being "elite" the day he walked into Aggy Land .... facilities better than Texas, pleeeeze! ..... You know as well as I do the Aggy will soon take their normal position .... below Texas and OU ..... sure, you will win an occasional game or two through the years, but you have to admit you have been shaking in your boots ever since news of this broke .... just be glad TCU and Baylor aren't part of the deal ....

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/college-football-recruiting-2021-facilities-Alabama-Clemson-Ohio-State-LSU-Texas-Georgia-Florida-160189814/

I can pull 2-3 more if you like. 

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

RB, QB I’d give Texas the edge too. Recruiting, Texas is doing well and will only improve. 

RB??? Lmao. Its a draw there man... Spiller will be the first back off the board next year. 

Qb is gonna take more than a half of football for me to gibe an edge there too. Two new starters for both teams. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any side claiming "we will smoke them for so and so many years" is just being a die hard fan.  We've seen over and over what happens in rivalry games in college football.  Oregon State beat the Ducks just this past season.  Auburn gets Bama' more than you would think.  A pitiful Arkansas has been yards away from beating a&m multiple times.  For goodness sakes, a Charlie Strong Texas team with Jerrod Heard at QB beat an OU playoff team.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Baron said:

It seemed to me your reference to choke hold was immediate, My apologies if that was wrong.

No i do not think its immediate. I do think Jimbo and A&M would be favored if the two played tomorrow, but I am not foolish enough to predict 3-4 years out. I'm simply saying that the only reason one would say that Texas is will be better from here on out is based off of results a decade or more old. There isn't any realistic metric from today's teams/recruits that just implies either has a dominant position on the other. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

RB??? Lmao. Its a draw there man... Spiller will be the first back off the board next year. 

Qb is gonna take more than a half of football for me to gibe an edge there too. Two new starters for both teams. 

I'm sorry but I don't see how someone watches both Spiller and Bijan and comes away saying Spiller is better....Spiller lacks the breakaway speed that Bijan has.

A&M has the edge at QB. Haynes King is the truth.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Red90fly said:

Any side claiming "we will smoke them for so and so many years" is just being a die hard fan.  We've seen over and over what happens in rivalry games in college football.  Oregon State beat the Ducks just this past season.  Auburn gets Bama' more than you would think.  A pitiful Arkansas has been yards away from beating a&m multiple times.  For goodness sakes, a Charlie Strong Texas team with Jerrod Heard at QB beat an OU playoff team.

This. This is all I'm saying. Right now there isn't any logical football fan that can look at the rosters and staffs and recruiting classes of both teams and think one just has a distinct advantage over the other. They do not have enough common opponents to try and gauge them over last years results and they both have a lot of new faces in key places for this year. And thats not even including this move is potentially a couple years away. Who knows the direction of each team then. Anyone making baseless claims are doing so with results from a years ago that couldn't mean less. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, WETSU said:

RB??? Lmao. Its a draw there man... Spiller will be the first back off the board next year. 

Qb is gonna take more than a half of football for me to gibe an edge there too. Two new starters for both teams. 

You really think Spiller is better than Bijan? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ANTI said:

I'm sorry but I don't see how someone watches both Spiller and Bijan and comes away saying Spiller is better....Spiller lacks the breakaway speed that Bijan has.

A&M has the edge at QB. Haynes King is the truth.

Spiller also has much better balance and after contact numbers. Two completely different backs. Its a draw. 

And that's not even including Achane who is faster than Bijan and Anias smith who is a very solid back on his own. And a young very talented but unproven LJ.

A&M has more proven depth at RB than Texas tight now. Its a draw at that position at worst for A&M. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

RB, QB I’d give Texas the edge too. Recruiting, Texas is doing well and will only improve. 

I give Aggy a couple of years before they settle into their normal position ..... below both Texas and OU  ......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

So just so we are all on the same page... If Texas and/or OU do not win the sec within their first 5 years, are they second fiddle programs riding the backs of Bama and LSU? Just want to make sure I know where we all stand just in case we are having this talk in the next few years. I was told that was the case for the last decade or so and just wanted clarification. 😂

I can agree with this. I think we’ve all played second fiddle to the likes of Bama, Clemson, and OSU for awhile now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

You really think Spiller is better than Bijan? 

I think Spiller is just a different back. Spiller can be rode for 25-30 carries a game and by the 4th he's trucking linebackers on 4th and 2. 

Bijan is a better homerun hitter but is not as effective in between the tackles as spiller. Two different players. Spiller is the projected 1st rb taken in the draft next year for a reason. Both are studs. Its a draw. Especially as I said when you compare the entire rb position group. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

This. This is all I'm saying. Right now there isn't any logical football fan that can look at the rosters and staffs and recruiting classes of both teams and think one just has a distinct advantage over the other. They do not have enough common opponents to try and gauge them over last years results and they both have a lot of new faces in key places for this year. And thats not even including this move is potentially a couple years away. Who knows the direction of each team then. Anyone making baseless claims are doing so with results from a years ago that couldn't mean less. 

I do agree, and then (orange and white) cream will rise to the top. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2021 at 1:24 PM, MavGrad99 said:

Give me OU and Texas over any of the bottom 6 SEC teams in football.  And I am even more in favor of it after A&M’s AD came out crying yesterday 

Vote went 13-1....

Lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

I can agree with this. I think we’ve all played second fiddle to the likes of Bama, Clemson, and OSU for awhile now. 

Agreed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I'm sorry but I don't see how someone watches both Spiller and Bijan and comes away saying Spiller is better....Spiller lacks the breakaway speed that Bijan has.

A&M has the edge at QB. Haynes King is the truth.

Has King even taken a meaningful snap for A&M? I just hope you guys found a smaller helmet for him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both teams have a talented RB room.  Texas still has Rojo, who will do a lot of the between-the-tackles running, and the Bama' transfer is a homerun threat.  He didn't play this past year, but averaged over 6 yards per carry as a freshman in 2019.  I'd expect him to get the ball between a handful to a dozen times a game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I do agree, and then (orange and white) cream will rise to the top. 

We shall see... Either way, i cant wait for the game. Apparently neither can Texas. Theybl collapsed a whole dang conference just to get A&M back on the schedule 😂 

Who gets first home game and do we get to move it back to thanksgiving? Game day will have a field day there... 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Has King even taken a meaningful snap for A&M? I just hope you guys found a smaller helmet for him. 

Nothing meaningful. He's very unproven. But I'd say the same for both honestly. Replacing 4 year starters isn't easy for either team. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Both teams have a talented RB room.  Texas still has Rojo, who will do a lot of the between-the-tackles running, and the Bama' transfer is a homerun threat.  He didn't play this past year, but averaged over 6 yards per carry as a freshman in 2019.  I'd expect him to get the ball between a handful to a dozen times a game.

Agreed. Both rooms are talented. Like I said. Honestly a draw unless one wears tinted glasses one way or another. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lhornfan said:

Has King even taken a meaningful snap for A&M? I just hope you guys found a smaller helmet for him. 

You're really trying to make a case for Casey Thompson/Hudson Card > Haynes King? 

Sheesh....and I'm a Horns fan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

We shall see... Either way, i cant wait for the game. Apparently neither can Texas. Theybl collapsed a whole dang conference just to get A&M back on the schedule 😂 

Who gets first home game and do we get to move it back to thanksgiving? Game day will have a field day there... 

We wanted to play y’all really bad! Y’all wouldn’t oblige so we just had to force the issue.

  • LOL! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...