Jump to content

OU/Texas & The SEC


Recommended Posts

On 7/22/2021 at 10:13 AM, JohnnyFootball said:

They can scramble all they want, but who takes them? The PAC or B1G wouldn't accept a lot of those schools because of academics, the SEC would be full.... 

Tech & TCU to the Pac-12, Kansas & Iowa St to the B1G, Okie lite to the ACC or Pac-12? WVa to the ACC. Baylor & K State are probably the odd men out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

If this is as far down the road as we’re being told, I’m sure the top brass at both schools has considered the cost of getting out of their contract and probably budgeted for it. 

If the Big 12 dissolves after this year there won't be a contract to exit from.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Ok, so y’all leaked it. 

They could have leaked it at any point... Long before it got to this point even. It was leaked, but if the schools were to the point of giving a exit letter to the big 12 as early as next week, its already so far in they feel confident its done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Big XII is done......now for the fun of watching where they all end up.....

Okie State, Baylor and TCU are the big losers in the Big 12 .... Aggy the big loser in the SEC .... tru storie .....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Baron said:

Tech & TCU to the Pac-12, Kansas & Iowa St to the B1G, Okie lite to the ACC or Pac-12? WVa to the ACC. Baylor & K State are probably the odd men out.

If PAC 12 want to get to 14, I think they take Tech and Ok St. Suspect Iowa blocks Iowa St, but welcome Kansas. WVA to ACC. I personally hate it for TCU, Baylor and Iowa St. They have invested in their athletic facilities and their athletic programs. In the latest Director’s Cup, Baylor ranked 29th Iowa St 38th and TCU 45th. As a frame of reference, their programs are ranked higher than Missouri (48), Auburn (50), Vandy (56), and Mississippi St (59). The two dog programs in the Big 12 are Kansas (82) and K State (139). Kansas gets a pass because of basketball. It will be a mess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, bordertown said:

If PAC 12 want to get to 14, I think they take Tech and Ok St. Suspect Iowa blocks Iowa St, but welcome Kansas. WVA to ACC. I personally hate it for TCU, Baylor and Iowa St. They have invested in their athletic facilities and their athletic programs. In the latest Director’s Cup, Baylor ranked 29th Iowa St 38th and TCU 45th. As a frame of reference, their programs are ranked higher than Missouri (48), Auburn (50), Vandy (56), and Mississippi St (59). The two dog programs in the Big 12 are Kansas (82) and K State (139). Kansas gets a pass because of basketball. It will be a mess.

I don't think anyone is blocking anyone at this point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So just so we are all on the same page... If Texas and/or OU do not win the sec within their first 5 years, are they second fiddle programs riding the backs of Bama and LSU? Just want to make sure I know where we all stand just in case we are having this talk in the next few years. I was told that was the case for the last decade or so and just wanted clarification. 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, WETSU said:

So just so we are all on the same page... If Texas and/or OU do not win the sec within their first 5 years, are they second fiddle programs riding the backs of Bama and LSU? Just want to make sure I know where we all stand just in case we are having this talk in the next few years. I was told that was the case for the last decade or so and just wanted clarification. 😂

That depends on the volume of SEC! SEC!SEC! chants we hear out of Austin and Norman. I bet LOL is practicing his as we speak. 

  • LOL! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

The Aggys get bumped down a couple of pegs with Texas and OU joining the SEC .... how's that for clarification? .....

I could really care less what happened before I was born lol. So will recruits. A&M is in position to compete with both of them.right now. I think its a little funny you think either comes in and just owns A&M right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

I could really care less what happened before I was born lol. So will recruits. A&M is in position to compete with both of them.right now. I think its a little funny you think either comes in and just owns A&M right now. 

He didn’t say anything about the past.

You have always been hung up on this, because A&M doesn’t have a stellar history. You can only look forward, which I do agree with you every program always needs to look forward and not be satisfied with past successes.

It is very possible y’all will immediately take your normal place in the final conference standings below Texas and Oklahoma just like the good old days in the Big 12. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I could really care less what happened before I was born lol. So will recruits. A&M is in position to compete with both of them.right now. I think its a little funny you think either comes in and just owns A&M right now. 

Aggy in state recruiting takes a big hit because of this ... i don't think there is any doubt about that ... it will show up more so as time goes by .... especially if/when they have a mediocre season .....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If/when Texas and Okie join the SEC, I can easily see Texas getting 2 or 3 more big time in-state recruits instead of them going to Bama, LSU, etc……….Will not be able to prove on an individual basis if being in the SEC helps Texas get these big time players to stay, but will be able to compare long term stats. 
Last few years the Horns and Aggies have been pretty equal in recruiting and the product on the field.  I think Texas probably gets back an edge if both are in the SEC. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, WETSU said:

So just so we are all on the same page... If Texas and/or OU do not win the sec within their first 5 years, are they second fiddle programs riding the backs of Bama and LSU? Just want to make sure I know where we all stand just in case we are having this talk in the next few years. I was told that was the case for the last decade or so and just wanted clarification. 😂

If they’re bragging on being in the sec at 8-4 then yes.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

He didn’t say anything about the past.

You have always been hung up on this, because A&M doesn’t have a stellar history. You can only look forward, which I do agree with you every program always needs to look forward and not be satisfied with past successes.

It is very possible y’all will immediately take your normal place in the final conference standings below Texas and Oklahoma just like the good old days in the Big 12. 

Exactly what I'm thinking ......

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Aggy in state recruiting takes a big hit because of this ... i don't think there is any doubt about that ... it will show up more so as time goes by .... especially if/when they have a mediocre season .....

I'll.take that bet actually. I don't think A&M falls out of the top 10. You guys think guys are just committing to A&M for the sec patch? Its a factor yes but not the only one. Jimbo is an elite recruiter and has been for some time. The facilities are better than Texas based off multiple outlets and Texas isn't just guaranteed to walk in and be anything other than mediocre either. 

Kids do not care about titles before they were born. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I'll.take that bet actually. I don't think A&M falls out of the top 10. You guys think guys are just committing to A&M for the sec patch? Its a factor yes but not the only one. Jimbo is an elite recruiter and has been for some time. The facilities are better than Texas based off multiple outlets and Texas isn't just guaranteed to walk in and be anything other than mediocre either. 

Kids do not care about titles before they were born. 

Again, why do you keep saying this? No one has made any reference to UT’s multiple national championships throughout its history other than you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

He didn’t say anything about the past.

You have always been hung up on this, because A&M doesn’t have a stellar history. You can only look forward, which I do agree with you every program always needs to look forward and not be satisfied with past successes.

It is very possible y’all will immediately take your normal place in the final conference standings below Texas and Oklahoma just like the good old days in the Big 12. 

Its also very possible Jimbo puts a choke hold on Sark and wins 3 of 4 and the "advantage" you think you're taking from A&M is negated. 

Anyone thinking A&M takes its "traditional" place behind texas is doing it simply off the past. There's nothing on the field or in current recruiting that has shown in any way that Texas comes in a puts A&M in the corner. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Its also very possible Jimbo puts a choke hold on Sark and wins 3 of 4 and the "advantage" you think you're taking from A&M is negated. 

Anyone thinking A&M takes its "traditional" place behind texas is doing it simply off the past. There's nothing on the field or in current recruiting that has shown in any way that Texas comes in a puts A&M in the corner. 

Ha, we shall see. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...