Jump to content

OU/Texas & The SEC


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, trashyhound said:

No doubt. 
No way OU rolls off 6 straight SEC titles but i do feel they can compete day 1. I’m not sure that the whorns can say the same. They have been middle of the pack for a while. I’m not sure why a team that has been consistently a 4/5/6 loss team in the big 12 would want to jump to the SEC. i know eventually it could help in recruiting, but if they roll into that conference and get their doors beat in it could be a while before they recover. 

LOL. HEY OKIE, CHECK THE HEAD TO HEAD SERIES RECORD BETWEEN TEXAS & ZERO U. DELUSIONAL.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

LOL. HEY OKIE, CHECK THE HEAD TO HEAD SERIES RECORD BETWEEN TEXAS & ZERO U. DELUSIONAL.....

lol. Ok shortwhorn, if you really want to boast about those prehistoric wins go ahead. But you know as well as i do that since we’ve been alive the school from Norman has won the head to head. But hey, if you whorns need to count those pre WW2 to remember some quality times then go ahead be my guest. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, eagle34 said:

8-9 wins in the older decades is a lot different than 8-9 wins today. They played 10-11 games instead of 13-14 like they do now

Good point. Technically A&M only won 9 games last year but it was stellar because they only played 10 games ha
 

Conferences were different and there weren’t as many bowl games either. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Hahahahahaha!!!!

 

 We’re back!!!!!

DD3A5A3B-114B-4D54-ABAF-3A03DE1B6341.png

685CC54C-670F-44B2-A069-A90AA3E1DC76.jpeg

According to those stats then yes, OU definitely is.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Don’t go full Aggie. 

Fully Aggy? 😂 Why? A team that could face some mix of Bama, LSU, Auburn, A&M, OU, Texas, Georgia, Florida in a season should have a higher status than who the ACC or Big 10 is playing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Goodness gracious

A&M’s president would even like that.  The AD would be the only one with the sour grapes taste in his mouth.

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Question of the day:

Did Sark know about this when Texas hired him?

Yes he absolutely knew. These talks have been going on for at least 6 months. Sark was hired after the National Championship game in January. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Fully Aggy? 😂 Why? A team that could face some mix of Bama, LSU, Auburn, A&M, OU, Texas, Georgia, Florida in a season should have a higher status than who the ACC or Big 10 is playing.

Yeah….I was being mean, sorry. I definitely agree at team that plays that group of teams or most of them and comes out with a strong W-L record against then should garner more respect than an ACC or Big 10 team. However, you said whoever wins the SEC should just be given the national title and I disagree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Yes he absolutely knew. These talks have been going on for at least 6 months. Sark was hired after the National Championship game in January. 

I figured as much. Makes the hiring of Sark so much more clear than it already was.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, trashyhound said:

lol. Ok shortwhorn, if you really want to boast about those prehistoric wins go ahead. But you know as well as i do that since we’ve been alive the school from Norman has won the head to head. But hey, if you whorns need to count those pre WW2 to remember some quality times then go ahead be my guest. 
 

 

And y’all do the same thing against the Aggies just saying..... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2021 at 10:32 AM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

If this domino falls could the conferences eventually look like this:

 

A95917F6-0B47-479B-9A1E-56E27816D4E6.jpeg

That's...   not terrible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

And y’all do the same thing against the Aggies just saying..... 

who? 
Oklahoma brings up preWW2 stats against the Aggies? Seriously? 
It doesn’t matter what generation you bring up of A&M vs OU the results are the same. Sooners have always owned the Aggies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2021 at 9:00 PM, trueblue82 said:

That depends on the volume of SEC! SEC!SEC! chants we hear out of Austin and Norman. I bet LOL is practicing his as we speak. 

Bookmark this post...   you will never hear me: 

1.) Chant S-E-C at any game or on this message board. That will not happen. Ever. 

2.) Celebrate the accomplishment of another conference team as our own. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, LOL said:

Bookmark this post...   you will never hear me: 

1.) Chant S-E-C at any game or on this message board. That will not happen. Ever. 

2.) Celebrate the accomplishment of another conference team as our own. 

That’s an everyone but Bama coping mechanism. 

“We #### , but man the dudes that pushed up our stool are really awesome!

SEC! SEC! SEC! “

      - A&M, Ark,  and soon to be whorns! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

who? 
Oklahoma brings up preWW2 stats against the Aggies? Seriously? 
It doesn’t matter what generation you bring up of A&M vs OU the results are the same. Sooners have always owned the Aggies. 

You can't let Lion get to you, man. He has trouble communicating his points and certainly doesn't represent what most A&M fans think on this board. He exists so that db (the Texas version of him) can get into a #### match of social dominance in their little sand castle while the big boys talk college football like adults. Don't join them in their sand castle. 

  • LOL! 2
  • Thumbs Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...