Official 2021 Dallas Cowboys Thread

On 7/22/2021 at 7:36 PM, Stoney said:

Training camp in Oxnard has opened. Dak’s back and healthy. Zeke’s lost weight. Let’s see how things turn out this year.

Here's hoping for a better season. Cowboys go at least 11-5.

On 8/1/2021 at 9:14 PM, Crawford said:

Here's hoping for a better season. Cowboys go at least 11-5.

I am a Cowboy fan……..but for The Boys to go 11-5, Dak and Zeke have to play all 16 and Tyron Smith has to play at least 14 on the offensive side…….And the linebackers have to improve tremendously on defense……..I hope it happens. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

The cowboys usually follow a bad season with a good one. I could see them winning 11 games. Dak and Zeke will prove a point. 11-5 NFC championship appearance.

Their defense is suspect, at best ... they should try Prescott at nose tackle on defense ......

• LOL! 1

Stoney’s official prediction for the 2021 Cowboys is......10-7. Dallas spent all but one pick in the draft on defense. It’s a ton of young guys and not so talented vets playing for a new DC in Dan Quinn. No way injuries should pile up like last year. If Dak is upright this team should win 10 games based solely on the strength of the offense. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2021 at 8:51 PM, Stoney said:

The bright spot is Dallas will never go 8-8 again....because of the new 17 game schedule. Dallas can go 9-8,8-9 but no more 8-8.

They can go 8-8-1.  I'm hearing rumors that Leighton Van Der Esch and Jaylon Smith might be cut this year.  I don't think Jaylon will be, because his cap hit is too high.  If he doesn't have a good season then I see him gone after this season.  I also don't see it with Van Der Esch for the same reason.  So they had better step it up this season if they want to keep their roster spots.  

28 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

They can go 8-8-1.  I'm hearing rumors that Leighton Van Der Esch and Jaylon Smith might be cut this year.  I don't think Jaylon will be, because his cap hit is too high.  If he doesn't have a good season then I see him gone after this season.  I also don't see it with Van Der Esch for the same reason.  So they had better step it up this season if they want to keep their roster spots.  

Jaylon told everybody to watch the tape after last season. Apparently, Dan Quinn did. This is probably Jaylon’s last year in Dallas. Micah Parsons looks pretty impressive as a rookie LB. Keanu Neal will lineup next to Parsons when the Cowboys go nickel defense. LVE will come in on 4-3 snaps. Jabril Cox has shown flashes as a 4th round pick. Jaylon is the odd man out of this equation. Dan Quinn came out today and said that he’s had discussions with LVE and Jaylon that they could play snaps on special teams. A $10m LB playing special teams? Funny what a little film watching can do.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Man I am not looking forward to this season. Dallas has no backup QB. Literally almost non-existant. I can't believe the guys they had even competing for the 2nd string job. 

If Dak goes down we’re screwed. Take the high draft pick and get better talent.

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

If Dak goes down we’re screwed. Take the high draft pick and get better talent.

Man they need to go for Cam Newton. I'm not a Cam Newton fan, but I know for a fact he's better than what we've got. Cam Newton can actually win football games. I've seen it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Man they need to go for Cam Newton. I'm not a Cam Newton fan, but I know for a fact he's better than what we've got. Cam Newton can actually win football games. I've seen it. 

I agree.  Cooper Rush is the only backup since DiNucci and Gilbert were cut today.  I do see a problem with Cam with him being a loose cannon.  I think that's why the Patriots released him because he missed 4 days for violating the Wuhan protocols.  I think Dak is going to be rusty having not played 10 1/2 games last year and none of the preseason.  I didn't see any big name QB's on the waiver wire today, and I don't count Brian Hoyer as one.  He's all that's left, and I've also heard the Texans might be interested in Cam.  What's funny is I heard and then verified that Watson is the third stringer.  

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I agree.  Cooper Rush is the only backup since DiNucci and Gilbert were cut today.  I do see a problem with Cam with him being a loose cannon.  I think that's why the Patriots released him because he missed 4 days for violating the Wuhan protocols.  I think Dak is going to be rusty having not played 10 1/2 games last year and none of the preseason.  I didn't see any big name QB's on the waiver wire today, and I don't count Brian Hoyer as one.  He's all that's left, and I've also heard the Texans might be interested in Cam.  What's funny is I heard and then verified that Watson is the third stringer.  

Preseason has just been painful. I hate watching preseason anyways, but I have to say this has probably been the most eye-opening preseason I've ever watched. I got to see just how terrible 2nd-4th string is as far as QBs are concerned. Dak has already been hurt in practice, so I am sure not looking forward to the possibility of him going down again. 

• 2 weeks later...

LT Smith - 32 left starting left tackles, he might be better than 8 - he once was top 5 easily

LG Williams - might be the worst starting LG

Zeke - still good…..was a good blocker tonight……but I don’t think he will ever be elite again

Lamb - just a decent route runner that should get better but is already a REALLY GOOD WR…..I am impressed

Dak looked like a top 10 QB

I predict 9 - 8 record and a playoff berth   

• 4 weeks later...

His contract became fully guaranteed for ‘22 if he got hurt this year. Now is as good as anytime to have done it. Still should have did it back after the season before they guaranteed the ‘21 contract.

2 hours ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Jaylon Smith is a good person, but not a good football player. He has been so slow, and constantly makes the wrong reads on defense. The athletic has broken down his game tape over the last few years. He was always one of the worst performers. The contract never made sense. Good luck to him.

It seemed like in 2019 his speed was there, then in 2020 he looked 2 steps slower and slow to react……Went from looking like a decent NFL linebacker with a 8 to 10 year career to looking like he will be lucky for another team to give him another chance. 

• Like 1