Why are we celebrating Simone Biles for quitting the Olympics? One of the greatest Olympians gave up when the going got tough. That’s sad, not heroic.

RETIREDFAN1

1 hour ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

That's in INDIVIDUAL competition....she quit in the TEAM competition......which resulted in Russia winning gold, not us.......

Her mental state is way more important to me than the Olympic gold. Besides, don't be all patriotic about gold medals now when you're pulling against the men's basketball team Colmes.

15 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Her mental state is way more important to me than the Olympic gold. Besides, don't be all patriotic about gold medals now when you're pulling against the men's basketball team Colmes.

A quitter is a quitter....excuses are irrelevant......and my pulling against the BLMNBA along with all the OTHER anti-Americans on this olympic team is irrelevant to this discussion.....at least THEY didn't quit......

Just now, RETIREDFAN1 said:

A quitter is a quitter....excuses are irrelevant......and my pulling against the BLMNBA along with all the OTHER anti-Americans on this olympic team is irrelevant to this discussion.....at least THEY didn't quit......

Americans are Americans and I feel pulling against anyone in the Olympics due to political beliefs is unamerican. 

If you're not mentally right in gymnastics, it could literally kill you. Real question, do you know anything about the sport? i didn't so I looked up some things. Same thing happened to the Canadian diver who scored a 0.

49 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Americans are Americans and I feel pulling against anyone in the Olympics due to political beliefs is unamerican. 

If you're not mentally right in gymnastics, it could literally kill you. Real question, do you know anything about the sport? i didn't so I looked up some things. Same thing happened to the Canadian diver who scored a 0.

A quitter is quitter......and those "Americans" who turned their back on the flag or bowed during the National Anthem forfeited their right to represent MY country in anything.....my intellectual opinion is just as valid as your asinine one.....:rofl:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Straw said:

Yeah Im not feeling my best today, think I will leave my job during the busiest part of the day and leave my guys out to dry. After all, I will still be called the greatest!

If you're going to hurt the team then you should.  You'd just get in the way, there's a saying in my industry and it's "Aces in their places" you don't want a spare part to clog up the gears.  We don't know what would have happened if she had stayed.  I don't really keep up with women's gymnastics, and how they score their points for the team, but what if she would have been the reason the USA team didn't medal, because of a poor performance ?  Then people would be complaining about her in an opposite format.   She needed to go down to the minors, and get her head right with the bars and beams.  We saw what happened with the Joker and Osaka in tennis.  I don't know what happened with Djokovic, because he was going for their ultimate Grand Slam, but lost the bronze medal match.  I know he's not American, but he is maybe the G.O.A.T. in tennis with his resume.  

13 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

If you're going to hurt the team then you should.  You'd just get in the way, there's a saying in my industry and it's "Aces in their places" you don't want a spare part to clog up the gears.  We don't know what would have happened if she had stayed.  I don't really keep up with women's gymnastics, and how they score their points for the team, but what if she would have been the reason the USA team didn't medal, because of a poor performance ?  Then people would be complaining about her in an opposite format.   She needed to go down to the minors, and get her head right with the bars and beams.  We saw what happened with the Joker and Osaka in tennis.  I don't know what happened with Djokovic, because he was going for their ultimate Grand Slam, but lost the bronze medal match.  I know he's not American, but he is maybe the G.O.A.T. in tennis with his resume.  

Was Jordan hurting the team when he played with a 102 temp? Was Emmitt hurting the team when he played with a separated shoulder? There is a reason they are the Goats and Biles is not. They have the will to make it thru and show up for the team.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Straw said:

Was Jordan hurting the team when he played with a 102 temp? Was Emmitt hurting the team when he played with a separated shoulder? There is a reason they are the Goats and Biles is not. They have the will to make it thru and show up for the team.

Tiger Woods hurt the U.S. in the Ryder Cup, and he should have never been selected for several years.  He is the G.O.A.T. of the current generation of golfers.  She's also penalized by judges, because she can do things that other gymnasts can't do.  https://www.forbes.com/sites/colinseale/2019/10/08/if-you-cant-beat-them-change-the-rules-the-biles-and-unfair-barriers-for-excellence-in-america/?sh=12a44a60160b

14 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Tiger Woods hurt the U.S. in the Ryder Cup, and he should have never been selected for several years.  He is the G.O.A.T. of the current generation of golfers.  She's also penalized by judges, because she can do things that other gymnasts can't do.  https://www.forbes.com/sites/colinseale/2019/10/08/if-you-cant-beat-them-change-the-rules-the-biles-and-unfair-barriers-for-excellence-in-america/?sh=12a44a60160b

He didn't quit.    

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 7:31 PM, DaveTV1 said:

Yes she was penalized but that is nothing new in Gymnastics. They did not make up that rule for her.

On 8/6/2021 at 7:46 PM, RETIREDFAN1 said:

He didn't quit.    

He hurt the team.  

9 hours ago, Straw said:

Yes she was penalized but that is nothing new in Gymnastics. They did not make up that rule for her.

Who did the make it up for ?  I remember Nadia Comaneci getting all 10's back in the day.  She was never penalized.   

13 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

He hurt the team.  

Who did the make it up for ?  I remember Nadia Comaneci getting all 10's back in the day.  She was never penalized.   

They use the rule on certain stunts, not certain people. I know its stupid but its to keep the athletes from wanting to do certain stunts that are considered dangerous. I feel for her but no way would a Goat and leader of the team should quit like that.

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2021 at 8:19 AM, Straw said:

They use the rule on certain stunts, not certain people. I know its stupid but its to keep the athletes from wanting to do certain stunts that are considered dangerous. I feel for her but no way would a Goat and leader of the team should quit like that.

Yall do know she was also suffering trauma for being molested Larry Nasselar the team USA doctor a few years ago. Apparently that was a big factor too. 

Just now, ctown81 said:

Yall do know she was also suffering trauma for being molested Larry Nasselar the team USA doctor a few years ago. Apparently that was a big factor too. 

Then she should have given up her spot to someone else before the Olympics got started.....there is still NO acceptable reason to quit on your team in the middle of the competition......

• Like 1

Just now, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Then she should have given up her spot to someone else before the Olympics got started.....there is still NO acceptable reason to quit on your team in the middle of the competition......

If it didn't hit her until the competition there would be no reason to do it. No need to hurt herself bc she's not focused. Going through that type of trauma trumps ANY sporting event for me. 

29 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

If it didn't hit her until the competition there would be no reason to do it. No need to hurt herself bc she's not focused. Going through that type of trauma trumps ANY sporting event for me. 

She should not have gone then.....instead she went and she quit.......

• Like 1